8WayRun Fanfiction: The Writer's Block

Barely started writing my own fanfictions.
I have troubles getting a story started and making it flow, but I do attempt to finish them.
Anybody have any advice?

I have troubles getting a story started and making it flow, but I do attempt to finish them.
Anybody have any advice?
Edit:

Think of something outrageous, then think of how you or someone completely opposite of you would respond.

This works at times for me. It doesn't have to outrageous, but just any situation.

I'm not much into fanfiction, though I do write original fiction in my spare time.

If I did write some, it would probably be an in-depth look at in-game events and between-the-lines events (and things I just feel like should happen, lol) in a particular character's perspective... Sounds interesting, actually. Maybe I'll try one. But I'm incurably lazy and easily distracted, so don't hold your breath. It could take a while, haha.

Anybody have any advice?
First, plot out your characters and ensure that they have certain defining qualities. After that, you should develop a pretty general goal for your ff. Don't try to plan out something super hard and detailed because authors are prone to changes all the time. For me myself, I spend less time planning than writing lol.
It's probably because I spent quite some time writing and acting for drama so I've gotten alot of practice with the concept of 'flow'. Your story should move naturally so don't have things/events happen too quickly. Your readers won't be able to adjust to it. Picture how your character would react in certain situation (this helps with dialogue), the gestures they would make to make it more accurate and then describe the settings, emotions. Logic is your best friend for 'flow'. The beginning of a story is always the hardest part and I find it quite difficult to write as well. Some people like to hit their readers hard with a very intense scene and lots of actions while other authors try to ease their readers into the story with detailed settings and calm thoughts of the protagonist. How you write is dependent on you. Oh my, sorry for the giant wall of text btw. Hope this helps.
I'm not much into fanfiction, though I do write original fiction in my spare time.

If I did write some, it would probably be an in-depth look at in-game events and between-the-lines events (and things I just feel like should happen, lol) in a particular character's perspective... Sounds interesting, actually. Maybe I'll try one. But I'm incurably lazy and easily distracted, so don't hold your breath. It could take a while, haha.
Fanfictions that tries to describe ingame events are the ones I find the most interesting to read. It's difficult to do but if done correctly, are usually the best ones because they make the character you chose to write about become more personal to the readers and it'll have the readers step into your character shoes and see things their way and have them understand the character alittle more. Choosing to write this kind of ff means that you don't have to plan out the plot. All you have to do is be observant and creative in voicing your character's point of view and adding your own touch here and there throughout the ff. Aha, I get quite lazy sometimes as well. But if you do end up writing one, be sure to tell me habast :3
Thanks! I did go a little period crazy in that chap. though. lol And in 5 I'm making more paragraphs and trying to make it more in depth. :)

Edit: There's going to be another PoV in chap 5! ;)
Yay, I look forward to reading your next chapter then ninja. Lol, I'm having writer's block so I have no idea when I'm going to update next. Therefore, I'm just spending my time going around and reading fanfiction instead of writing. So.... I really want to see your next chapter but please, feel free to take your time :D

Do any of you get squeamish over sex in a ff ???

It depends on the relationship involved, and the type that you're going to be presenting it in. If it's regular sex with a regular couple (heterosexual; reactions to homosexual types usually vary), then it's alright, considering you're presenting this is a majorly mature audience. If it has anything to do with other variations (think rape, bloodplay, gore, pedophilia, necrophilia, aliens, monsters, etc.), then make sure you put caution labels, spoilers, disclaimers, or any other kind of warning labels.

It depends on the relationship involved, and the type that you're going to be presenting it in. If it's regular sex with a regular couple (heterosexual; reactions to homosexual types usually vary), then it's alright, considering you're presenting this is a majorly mature audience. If it has anything to do with other variations (think rape, bloodplay, gore, pedophilia, necrophilia, aliens, monsters, etc.), then make sure you put caution labels, spoilers, disclaimers, or any other kind of warning labels.
You got it!

I'm not much into fanfiction

You and me both, I'm just barely grasping the idea of it, but it's like sushi. I like sushi, you may not, however long I may try to convince you to try it, your just not going to like it. To each their own. But it still confuses the hell out of me...

Fanfictions that tries to describe ingame events are the ones I find the most interesting to read. It's difficult to do but if done correctly, are usually the best ones because they make the character you chose to write about become more personal to the readers and it'll have the readers step into your character shoes and see things their way and have them understand the character alittle more. Choosing to write this kind of ff means that you don't have to plan out the plot. All you have to do is be observant and creative in voicing your character's point of view and adding your own touch here and there throughout the ff. Aha, I get quite lazy sometimes as well. But if you do end up writing one, be sure to tell me habast :3

I decided to go ahead and start it. So far, I have Raphael (naturally I picked him, lol) on the run from his hometown and family for killing that noble (who, I suppose, it will fall to me to name). He escapes into a ratty little town where he meets Amy and she helps him avoid the soldiers. That's all I've written so far, but I really liked it, so I'll probably be doing more soon.

I'll be sure to post some of it once I have something a little more solid. Thanks for the support and optimism. You seem to be pretty writing savvy. Do you write often?

Back