8WayRun Fanfiction: The Writer's Block

I would be really, uh, happy and give you high marks if you, uh, put two of Ivy's quotes into your ff:

"Taste the power of my blade, you ungodly cur!"
"Loathsome Cur!"

(Yes, I know the first one is two put together but hey, that's why it's called "fiction").
I did have one scene in one of my other story that had Ivy say "Taste the power of my blade."

Ivy didn't look to see what happened next as the white crocodile reared its furry head and snapped at her. "Evil has infected your soul. I will not show you any mercy!" Ivy rolled out of the way and raised her sword up. "Taste the power of my blade and shred apart! Now, Valentine! Go!" Her sword broke apart in many pieces of sharp metal and flew through the air at a deadly velocity toward her enemy. They punctured its organs as they pierced through its body and the monster dropped down dead. Her sword reformed its pieces in her hand and Ivy looked at the dead body contemptuously. "You actually thought you could stand a chance against me?" A loud explosion behind her told her that the ninja had also vanquished her enemy.

This is just a snip of a battle where Taki and Ivy were sort of forced to fight together on one of the floor of the Tower of Rememberance.

I did have one scene in one of my other story that had Ivy say "Taste the power of my blade."

Ivy didn't look to see what happened next as the white crocodile reared its furry head and snapped at her. "Evil has infected your soul. I will not show you any mercy!" Ivy rolled out of the way and raised her sword up. "Taste the power of my blade and shred apart! Now, Valentine! Go!" Her sword broke apart in many pieces of sharp metal and flew through the air at a deadly velocity toward her enemy. They punctured its organs as they pierced through its body and the monster dropped down dead. Her sword reformed its pieces in her hand and Ivy looked at the dead body contemptuously. "You actually thought you could stand a chance against me?" A loud explosion behind her told her that the ninja had also vanquished her enemy.

This is just a snip of a battle where Taki and Ivy were sort of forced to fight together on one of the floor of the Tower of Rememberance.
Shred apart! I love that one! What do you think of my Ivy short ending?

17 years ago...
"What's this? A mouth-watering soul has intruded upon my domain? How I can't wait to feast upon it".​
Ivy, her face contorted with hatred and anger, stood defiantly before Nightmare, her blade writhing with the power of her anger. "At last...I have come to meet the wielder of Soul Edge, Nightmare. Of course it would be you..." she began. "Do you know why I have come?"​
"For honor? Valor? Fame? Fortune? I care not, for I have quelled the weak souls who have dared faced me...Taki, Setsuka, Hilde, Maxi, Kilik...all of these were weak and easy to put an end to! But now...you have come...Soul Edge seems to deem you powerful as it quivers in my grip..." he boomed, his deep voice ringing around the sky.​
"I have come...to destroy what has caused much sadness, anger, remorse, death...to destroy SOUL EDGE!" she shouted. "As you may know...I had to put an end to my own father because he was consumed by the power that Soul Edge gave him when he found several of the shards...this is why I must end it all!" her blade uncoiling now, ready for combat.​
"Yes! I can feel the power running through you! Your soul will provide me with a nice feast and will last me a long time after I have devoured it! RRRRARRGGHH!".​
*The Battle Starts* (I am not really good at doing battle scenes in writing, so I will let someone else who is willing to do it for me do it. But it has to be good! :) ).​
*After Battle*​
"UGGHHGHHH!" Nightmare's scream pierced the clouds and shook the heavens. He staggered back, his breath rattling. Suddenly, a bright blue light filled the dark sky and Soul Calibur appeared, apparently from nowhere.​
"Soul...Ca-Calibur?" Ivy stuttered.​
The blue crystal sword hovered over Nightmare's quivering frame, and then dropped. It sliced straight through his soul, and Soul Edge with it, destroying with a thunderous boom. A iced/crystal floor began flooding the tower's floor, spreading its way slowly towards Ivy. She stood there motionless. Then it began encasing her body, slowly making its way up her body.​
"So this is how I'm going to die...I'm just like him...I guess, it's a fitting ending...".​
Her sword suddenly sprung to life and wrapped round her body, sending pulses of heat around her body. The ice broke off almost immediately and she was free...unfortunately her sword broke as well.​
"Wh-what?" she gasped.​
She picked up a broken shard of her sword.​
"Is there...maybe something else I can do...?"​
Until 17 years in the future, we will not find out what she did from there...​
So, Soul Edge and Nightmare were destroyed for good...or were they?​
I made this :) What do you think?
I like this, very crafted an well written.

Isn't this a coincidence? I'm making an new PSN just for fighting games and I was going to name it

Talisman_8WR!

Shred apart! I love that one! What do you think of my Ivy short ending?
I really liked the introduction between Ivy and Nightmare actually! It was very tense and the little details such as having saying that Soul Edge was quivering in Nightmare's hand was great. ^^ Do you want me to try and do the combat scene Mage? I'd be happy to. :D

Well, I'm here! Thanks for creating the thread FE. What's up with everyone? I'll put another link to my FF.net account so you can read my stories. Like I was warning DW13 and Norik, you HAVE TO read my descriptions of my stories or you'll get a surprise!!! Well, enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2563291/Talisman_Valedictorian
I read the one about Talim and Yun-Seong one and I left you a review. ^^ I lol at the fake text messages. I looked at the Nightmare story and the details are simply gruesome (which means you've succeeded since it's very well written) and Nightmare was quite in character. I didn't read anymore since I got freaked out and I guess it was just too hardcore for me. I don't think I'll read the Cassandra one since it's probably too much for me too handle as well. So sorry Talisman. ^^;

I really liked the introduction between Ivy and Nightmare actually! It was very tense and the little details such as having saying that Soul Edge was quivering in Nightmare's hand was great. ^^ Do you want me to try and do the combat scene Mage? I'd be happy to. :D
Oh yes please ^^ Thank you!

I read the one about Talim and Yun-Seong one and I left you a review. ^^ I lol at the fake text messages. I looked at the Nightmare story and the details are simply gruesome (which means you've succeeded since it's very well written) and Nightmare was quite in character. I didn't read anymore since I got freaked out and I guess it was just too hardcore for me. I don't think I'll read the Cassandra one since it's probably too much for me too handle as well. So sorry Talisman. ^^;

XD. Thanks for reading my other two, I really don''t expect any females to read my Cassandra story actually, so it's fine. Thanks for reading though! Can I ask which chapter you stopped on in "Dreaming About a Nightmare".

Thanks again, DW13!!!

Oh yes please ^^ Thank you!
Ok, it'll be up when I finish it. ^^ Is there anything in particular that you want to see or have Ivy say?
XD. Thanks for reading my other two, I really don''t expect any females to read my Cassandra story actually, so it's fine. Thanks for reading though! Can I ask which chapter you stopped on in "Dreaming About a Nightmare".

Thanks again, DW13!!!
Np my friend. :) I stopped after Nightmare killed Sophitia. You know... when he killed her and ate the two souls. T.T
I was like omg, Nightmare, you're so evil.

Gee, thanks Fatal! I hope that someone does the combat for me.
Here it is Mage. I hope you like it. It's kinda short so I'm sorry.

Nightmare raised Soul Edge up into the air and with a mighty roar, he struck the ground and a line of fire and evil energy swept towards Ivy.
The alchemist curled her lips in distaste and lashed forward with her whip. Her sword pierced through the flames and with a flick of her wrist, it swung upward and hit the Azure knight. To her surprise, Nightmare didn't even flinch and with no other choice, Ivy quickly ran away from the burning flames. “Curse you Nightmare....”
Nightmare laughed. “Tell me... Can you feel your death coming closer and closer? Can you feel the fear that will saturate this world once I'm done with it?!” Rushing forward, Nightmare drew a quick uppercut with his sword that Ivy swiftly blocked.
“No longer will I fear anything! I made a promise to myself and my sword that I will destroy you no matter what the cost!” Her hands were trembling from the strain and a chilly wind howled around them. With a grunt, Ivy pushed Nightmare back and struck at his legs. “Take this you cur!”
But he merely deflected the attack with Soul Edge and to counter, he struck forward with his right arm and punched her. Ivy let out a small gasp of pain as his fist connected with her chest and she stumbled backward. However, she seized the opening and whipped her Valentine forward. “Ensnare!”The whip lashed onto his monstrous arm and Ivy pulled. “Let's see if you can handle this! Tear him apart my sword!”
As if responding to her will, her sword became sharper and it embedded itself even deeper into the Azure's knight arm. With a roar of rage, Nightmare thrust Soul Edge at her and Ivy had to let him go and dodge the attack. Following up on that attack, Nightmare aimed at her legs and tried to sever them but the alchemist anticipated the attack and quickly evaded. What she wasn't ready for, was the rocks that blasted off the floor as the evil sword struck the ground. Closing her eyes reflectively, she realized that she had made a fatal mistake as a painful wound blossomed on her stomach. She reeled backward and held a hand to her stomach and gasped. “No... I was careless.” Her vision began to blur and she felt her consciousness slipping. “No... I've come to far to... lose now.” She looked at her sword and she whispered, “I swore... that I would end this cycle... of pain and suffering...”
“It looks like this is the end for you,” said Nightmare triumphantly. “Now... give me your soul you wretched human.”
“It looks like... this is it...” Blood trickled down Ivy's lips and a few drop fell on her Valentine. With a heavy heart, she closed her eyes and waited for the death blow. A loud clanging sound made her open her eyes and to her shock, her sword had lashed itself forward and wrapped itself around Nightmare and held on tightly. “Valentine!” Seeing her sword's own determination, she pushed herself to her feet and said, “If you refuse to give up, then I too shall continue to defy fate!” Concentrating hard, she kicked Nightmare and cried, “Sing him a requiem my sword!” Her sword heard her command and instantly broke apart into many sharp metal pieces.
“Damn you!”
Before the Azure Knight had a chance to defend himself, Ivy pointed at him and cried, “This is the end of the nightmare! Now die!” Her sword flew through the air and it made a sharp whistling sound as they all headed towards him. Every time they connected with his armour, they pierced through and produced a clear chime. Finally, Ivy called her sword back to her as she stepped back to see the damage. There were holes all over the black armour and she had specifically imbued some of the pieces with her magic before the battle so they were able to deal spiritual damage as well. Looking at Nightmare's trembling body and the dwindling black energy, Ivy knew that she was victorious.
(insert Ivy ending scene)

no one is perfect so it would be great if someone is willing to give me critiques. Here's the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6993935/1/bCalibur_b_bWorld_b
Beware, it's really really long. Sorry. ^^

Will do. Always try to read things 3 times, once as a reader, once as a writer, and once as a smarmy cu**, I mean editor.

Also, a general inquiry about Fan Fiction. Speaking as someone from the outside of this particular brand of writing, why is it mostly romance/comedy or both?

Wow! Awesome! Thanks darkwing :) We are good writers together! Here is the full version then (enjoy!):
17 years ago...
"What's this? A mouth-watering soul has intruded upon my domain? How I can't wait to feast upon it".
Ivy, her face contorted with hatred and anger, stood defiantly before Nightmare, her blade writhing with the power of her anger. "At last...I have come to meet the wielder of Soul Edge, Nightmare. Of course it would be you..." she began. "Do you know why I have come?"
"For honor? Valor? Fame? Fortune? I care not, for I have quelled the weak souls who have dared faced me...Taki, Setsuka, Hilde, Maxi, Kilik...all of these were weak and easy to put an end to! But now...you have come...Soul Edge seems to deem you powerful as it quivers in my grip..." he boomed, his deep voice ringing around the sky.
"I have come...to destroy what has caused much sadness, anger, remorse, death...to destroy SOUL EDGE!" she shouted. "As you may know...I had to put an end to my own father because he was consumed by the power that Soul Edge gave him when he found several of the shards...this is why I must end it all!" her blade uncoiling now, ready for combat.
"Yes! I can feel the power running through you! Your soul will provide me with a nice feast and will last me a long time after I have devoured it! RRRRARRGGHH!".
Nightmare raised Soul Edge up into the air and with a mighty roar, he struck the ground and a line of fire and evil energy swept towards Ivy.
The alchemist curled her lips in distaste and lashed forward with her whip. Her sword pierced through the flames and with a flick of her wrist, it swung upward and hit the Azure knight. To her surprise, Nightmare didn't even flinch and with no other choice, Ivy quickly ran away from the burning flames. “Curse you Nightmare....”
Nightmare laughed. “Tell me... Can you feel your death coming closer and closer? Can you feel the fear that will saturate this world once I'm done with it?!” Rushing forward, Nightmare drew a quick uppercut with his sword that Ivy swiftly blocked.
“No longer will I fear anything! I made a promise to myself and my sword that I will destroy you no matter what the cost!” Her hands were trembling from the strain and a chilly wind howled around them. With a grunt, Ivy pushed Nightmare back and struck at his legs. “Take this you cur!”
But he merely deflected the attack with Soul Edge and to counter, he struck forward with his right arm and punched her. Ivy let out a small gasp of pain as his fist connected with her chest and she stumbled backward. However, she seized the opening and whipped her Valentine forward. “Ensnare!”The whip lashed onto his monstrous arm and Ivy pulled. “Let's see if you can handle this! Tear him apart my sword!”
As if responding to her will, her sword became sharper and it embedded itself even deeper into the Azure's knight arm. With a roar of rage, Nightmare thrust Soul Edge at her and Ivy had to let him go and dodge the attack. Following up on that attack, Nightmare aimed at her legs and tried to sever them but the alchemist anticipated the attack and quickly evaded. What she wasn't ready for, was the rocks that blasted off the floor as the evil sword struck the ground. Closing her eyes reflectively, she realized that she had made a fatal mistake as a painful wound blossomed on her stomach. She reeled backward and held a hand to her stomach and gasped. “No... I was careless.” Her vision began to blur and she felt her consciousness slipping. “No... I've come to far to... lose now.” She looked at her sword and she whispered, “I swore... that I would end this cycle... of pain and suffering...”
“It looks like this is the end for you,” said Nightmare triumphantly. “Now... give me your soul you wretched human.”
“It looks like... this is it...” Blood trickled down Ivy's lips and a few drop fell on her Valentine. With a heavy heart, she closed her eyes and waited for the death blow. A loud clanging sound made her open her eyes and to her shock, her sword had lashed itself forward and wrapped itself around Nightmare and held on tightly. “Valentine!” Seeing her sword's own determination, she pushed herself to her feet and said, “If you refuse to give up, then I too shall continue to defy fate!” Concentrating hard, she kicked Nightmare and cried, “Sing him a requiem my sword!” Her sword heard her command and instantly broke apart into many sharp metal pieces.
“Damn you!”
Before the Azure Knight had a chance to defend himself, Ivy pointed at him and cried, “This is the end of the nightmare! Now die!” Her sword flew through the air and it made a sharp whistling sound as they all headed towards him. Every time they connected with his armour, they pierced through and produced a clear chime. Finally, Ivy called her sword back to her as she stepped back to see the damage. There were holes all over the black armour and she had specifically imbued some of the pieces with her magic before the battle so they were able to deal spiritual damage as well. Looking at Nightmare's trembling body and the dwindling black energy, Ivy knew that she was victorious.
"UGGHHGHHH!" Nightmare's scream pierced the clouds and shook the heavens. He staggered back, his breath rattling. Suddenly, a bright blue light filled the dark sky and Soul Calibur appeared, apparently from nowhere.
"Soul...Ca-Calibur?" Ivy stuttered.
The blue crystal sword hovered over Nightmare's quivering frame, and then dropped. It sliced straight through his soul, and Soul Edge with it, destroying with a thunderous boom. A iced/crystal floor began flooding the tower's floor, spreading its way slowly towards Ivy. She stood there motionless. Then it began encasing her body, slowly making its way up her body.
"So this is how I'm going to die...I'm just like him...I guess, it's a fitting ending...".
Her sword suddenly sprung to life and wrapped round her body, sending pulses of heat around her body. The ice broke off almost immediately and she was free...unfortunately her sword broke as well.
"Wh-what?" she gasped.
She picked up a broken shard of her sword.
"Is there...maybe something else I can do...?"
Until 17 years in the future, we will not find out what she did from there...
So, Soul Edge and Nightmare were destroyed for good...or were they?
Written by Mage and Darkwings

Also, a general inquiry about Fan Fiction. Speaking as someone from the outside of this particular brand of writing, why is it mostly romance/comedy or both?

I speak for NO ONE on this forum because the people here are well above the average fanfic rabble.

When certain characters belong together *cough X/Kilik cough* but it simply doesn't happen, people write fanfics to get them together in a way they see fit which the original creators fail to do most of the time XD Or, GOD FORBID, sometimes, fanfic writers like to insert themselves into the story as *insert character here*'s love interest (bleh, I despise self - inserts) Also, many writers like the 'what if' scenario which usually winds up as a comedy like : 'What if' Talim fell in love with Nightmare who fell in love with Hilde who fell in love with Sieg blah blah blah.

Not all fanfics are like that though. I've read some really good adventure/horror/mystery ones too.

Will do. Always try to read things 3 times, once as a reader, once as a writer, and once as a smarmy cu**, I mean editor.

They tend to be the most popular category and when i was in high school, i took drama and the scripts i wrote or acted in was always the funny ones. But I have another story that's much much more serious which has many underlining messsages and themes in it. I'm alittle iffy about telling you guys about it since it's also include a rather unpopular shipping. Thanks for the tips btw. ^^ I usually do that but I always end missing a few minor mistakes so I'm currently on the hunt for an editor. My cousin was considering but haven't heard anything yet.
Wow! Awesome! Thanks darkwing :) We are good writers together!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :D We should do a short fanfic together sometimes in the future.

I must concede, in an effort to understand and find out what you all are on about, I am... ughhh, *sigh* writing a fan-fiction. Expect something by the end of the week.
Oh! This is exciting! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with. May luck and the wind be with you! :D

Oh! This is exciting! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with. May luck and the wind be with you! :D

Thanks!

Downside, you need a damn flow chart to figure out everyone relationship to each other. Upside, the game provides one...

And don't expect to much you won't be let down!

____________________ EDIT _____________________

I will review any material you guys put up, and for the most part, because I don't start school till February grammar nitpicking and such will be forgotten. Unless it sounds so drastically off, I won't bother pointing it out. However, I will be looking into the plot, dialogue, pacing, and general events of the story.

My best story on fanfiction would be 'Calibur World' right now. People tell me that they like it but I feel like it's been slowing down and I know for sure that no one is perfect so it would be great if someone is willing to give me critiques. Here's the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6993935/1/bCalibur_b_bWorld_b
Beware, it's really really long. Sorry. ^^

Read the first two chapters. I found it funny, good job

Well, I'm here! Thanks for creating the thread FE.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2563291/Talisman_Valedictorian

I read yours as well. All three chapters of "You Ungrateful Greek." Will PM you Talisman, as not to spoil anything for the others!

Back