A+B Study

In fact if you have the execution I believe this to be an unwinnable matchup for Xiba. Over the weekend I will make a tutorial with speech (exactly like the Belial anti amy tutorial in SCIV) which should clear up any problems people are having against him. If you don't know your answers/can't do them consistently he can seriously fuck you up so it may be very useful.

So...is 2A, back grab the most reliable option for the damage?
No. The backgrab is duckable and WSK BE hurts.

For reliable options mash out AA when meterless. With a CE on deck use 2142A (not 2A, which Xiba can block as it is i13, 2142A is i12) confirm into CE. You could just raw CE, but FC A causes more damage and build a little meter to, so you can be lazy, but you can buff your reward slightly.

Most Xiba's duck upon getting hit with 2A. I would just use a launcher
Sorry...I need clarification. "Launcher" as in 3B, 2363B (stuns on counter so...doesn't always launch)? I just went through the aPat SA and didn't notice anything specifying what is to be considered his launchers.

Sorry...I need clarification. "Launcher" as in 3B, 2363B (stuns on counter so...doesn't always launch)? I just went through the aPat SA and didn't notice anything specifying what is to be considered his launchers.
Take your pick lol. I consider them both to be launchers. Hey maybe you can even hit them with agb combos while they are panicking

Why woul you though? AA is more damage and Xiba's fast moves are too bad to stop you taking the same mixup as you would off of a +8 2A. You still have access to your entire FC moveset with 214 so there is no valid reason to use 2142A, except to use CE after, which is a combo. in fact using 2142A otherwise is bad, because you lose your standing moveset. The only thing you risk is 3A, which is 100+ damage to you if he does it. Risk/reward is hideously against him thus he won't try it and if he does, bait it and kill him for taking a one off knockdown.

Xiba needs 50/50s to win. Deny all of them and max out all of your garuntees and he can't win.

Ah yes, I remember now:
Vs 6B on block initially use 8A+BB. Beats 6BK, will catch all movement except stepping left and causes 6B CE to whiff which is then combo punishable. If he GIs the attack whiffs straight through him without triggering GI and if he uses 6B B+K your attack will whiff, leaving you backturned but if he tries B+K~any REM move it will hit instead, lol. On block it is safe vs Xiba I believe, meaning he has to step left to continue momentum. In summary after blocking 6B:
8A+BB to stop Xiba from pushing buttons or trying to be smart.
236<Throw_236<6B to track him if he starts stepping left. (unlikely)
Typical Alpha offence when he just holds block. (much more likely)

The reward isn't great but it effectively neutralises Xiba's only safe way of pressuring Alpha.

You're welcome.

So, to summarize:
Anything i12 or less. Which leaves
1) AA
2) JFT
3) 2362A
4) CE
*as far as the frame data goes.

Back