A discussion on priority moves.

KingAce

HERMITISM
Okay I want to get some kind of idea on moves that simply cancel out other moves. Like Kilik's 66B, or Asta's JF grabs.
And it seems like voldo has a ton of these too.
However, I am not entirely sure what some of these moves are and how to best utilize them. So someone help me out here.

Okay I want to get some kind of idea on moves that simply cancel out other moves. Like Kilik's 66B, or Asta's JF grabs.
And it seems like voldo has a ton of these too.
However, I am not entirely sure what some of these moves are and how to best utilize them. So someone help me out here.

are you talking about how you use the moves

i think he's talkin about winning weapon clashes, as it seems multi-hitting strings beat single strikes if impacting on the 1st frame.

i think he meant some moves that would overwrite the incoming move even when it's input slightly later. that said, i think throws eat AAs

if you TC on impact frame..it'll look like you rip right through AAs

There's no such thing as priority moves in this game. There's only speed and evasive properties.

That's not true. There are instances where some moves will "crush" others. This was in SC2 and SC3 as well- in 2 Bs broke As, in 3 there were separate levels of priority where some moves would always beat other moves if they hit on the same frame. If I remember correctly, Yun's and Taki's KK were like this- both the same speed, but Yun's "beats" Taki's when they hit each other. Sadly no one's sat down and figured out just how the clash system works in SC4 (aside from the multi-hitting clashs beating other moves, which i documented when the game first came out), probably because, frankly it just dosen't happen enough in SC4 to warrent a major discussion.

Back