a micro-gallery

The Japanese mythology is one of my all-time favorites so i was eagerly awaiting who would try to create a god, in your case, Kagutsuchi. I'll try to comment on parts individually.
Head: Un-f****ng-believable (sorry)! The dirt-patterned helmet+Hannya mask combo does wonders, the highlight though is the SpecEq. The horns, together with the eye-covering flame ornament (which reminds me of Yoshimitsu's angered story portrait, blue wrathful flames coming out of his eyes) and Voldo's chin piece fit extremely well with the mask.
Upper body: I'm in love with the color palette, the rustiness with bits of red, black and grey is on point with the flame demon/oni theme. Excellent use of patterns and gear, i'm especially fond of the asymetrical feel provided by Mitsu's armor combined with Sieg's underwear.
Lastly, lower body: I relate immensely to what @Kieve said about the waist, i also fail to put it to good use (in SC5, don't have 6 yet) so, kudos for doing it justice. On contrary though, i actually like the patterns applied to Kagutsuchi's pants (i mean no offense on Kieve's opinion, i respect it in fact) and with Cervy's boots, give the right amount of edginess.

As for Taki, only thing i have to say is you totally nailed the illegal Yakuza gambler look, reminds me of the Ryu-ga-Gotoku/Yakuza games, which i'm a fan of.

Outstanding work!! :)

Sorry but i had to bump this, your review too is outstanding !

Thanks for all the feedback, fam!

@Kieve: Good call on the camo. I was actually thinking of swapping out for a more subtle pattern. I used a white dirt sticker, but it stuck out a bit more than I expected.

@VILARCANE: Hah! Got you. Jk. I just used a pair of long horns around the dancer’s belt. The belt looked kinda floaty to me, so I wanted to fill up the gap. It also added a splash of color that I needed since I ran out of stickers (4 on body, 4 on belt).

@NeclordX: Goemon. One of the finest Japanese films to enter the west!

@Ardent: That is one magnificent review. The pants seem to be a point of contention haha, so I’ll may do some quick touch-ups before hitting some ranked scrubs. You have quite an eye for picking out the details, like Yoshi’s story portrait, which I indeed referenced for the blind chap.

@Harrawesome: You’re back! Like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I can hardly wait to see your debut on the grand stage of CaS.

@Gatsu: Thanks, man. Maybe running through PSN free Yakuza Kiwami game will bring more ideas!

Thank you for the kind words Bruce, 'tis an honor :D I ain't worthy of praise though, I just wanted to merely try my best for this one and i'll continue to do so. Unfortunately, i didn't have a lot of time on my hands to comment properly on Taki so, expect a review later today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Short info, i may do my reviews from now on as i did for Kagutsuchi, it's a bit easier for me to divide and comment a creation in parts. Hope you don't mind :)

Ok, with that said, here's my humble opinion/review on Taki.
Head: I just love the kabuki facepaint combined with the eyepatch and the SpecEq pipe, top-notch work there!
Upper body: Really digging how you made the beads look like dice, they fit greatly with the dragon+koi fish tattoos and the kanji-patterned cloth wrapped around her abdomen.
Lower body: Good call on using the horns, the floaty belt needed some extra bulkiness and color. Only thing that bugs me is that i can't quite figure what is it you applied on her sash, is it a sticker, a pattern or a combo of both? Whatever it is though, it looks hella awesome and detailed!

T'was a solid creation with a strong color palette, loved every bit of the time i spent analyzing it and writing my review :) Seeing this edit makes me wanna see a match between her and Vil's Yakuzarugi. Traditional gambler yakuza vs new age punk, add that Taki and Mitsu are rivals...bet it would be a good fight!!

Yay! You noticed the beads were supposed to be like dice! The skirt is an asian pattern, but I blocked off the central part with square stickers. 2 front and 2 back. Thanks for the amazing review. I've never seen it formatted like that before, but it's actually quite logical this way. I may have to use a similar format with my own reviews

Many welcomes Bruce! And thanks for the insight on the skirt, quite an imaginative use with the stickers there. Go ahead and steal the format if it helps you, i'm more than happy to share and be of service to the community :D

Last edited:
Wow now we get at least two pro reviewers for our stuff, yaaaay :) I like the logic too, i am warning ya, you gonna have to take some notes for my next batch :) can't for ur first LOLICAS now mate !

Hahaha, merci for your kind words mon ami! :) But i still need a lot of work to better my reviewing skills. You do honor me but as i said, i'm still far from the level you guys have reached.

Last edited:
So I've been meaning to comment here for forever, here we go !

Wenshi- It is so simple, yet so full of detail and textures, the colour balance is really good and the hair adornment is simply genius, I think, however that Taki's leg guard + the scale pattern would give the design more coherence, but scorpion leg guard doesn't clash and adds needed weight to the low part of the design.

Lobsterman- You win the super early 20019 Halloween CaS competition, there is nothing to say, it is really that good.

Ashlotte- Looks really loyal to the original one, but Sophitia's shoulder piece would have helped you to produce the OGs sleeves and I iamgine one of the shirt underwear would have helped you to close the shirt chest window and maybe a heart sticker just to keep it on with the OG. Otherwise it is just so good as it is, that those are just nitpicks.

Arduin- Very inpired and really nice you didn't go for a cute elf girl but a hardened warrior.

Hilde- Just perfect

Taki 2P- It is so fun and the colour balance and pipe are top tier CaS stuff

Kagutsuchi- Amazing headpiece is simply amazing.

Horror set. Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Adeleine, the shattered doll
collage2.jpg

Adeleine, a sweet yet sickly child born to Salem nobility, spent all her life indoors playing with her only friend, a doll sculpted in her image. The villagers distrusted the reclusive family, and one day they burst through the mansion doors to burn her as a witch. As her parents were clubbed to death, Adeleine, still clutching her beloved doll, was dragged out of bed by the mob. The farmer from next door wrenched the doll from her arms and hurled it to the marble floor, shattering its pale, smooth face. The doll, with its remaining eye, watched its master and only friend crumble to ashes on the burning pyre. Fear, pain, and hatred coursed through its porcelain frame, and the doll stood up alone in the rubble of the blackened mansion.

The Scarecrow, inspired by @Harrawesome's Cropstalker
collage2.jpg

An alchemist farmer slaughtered by his own beast. The dry, cracked soil drank deeply of his drooping black blood and viscera. Years later, a young man builds a farm over a certain patch of dark, rich soil and a scarecrow to protect his crops. The rest is as you see.

Hum, i think i see what you tried to do with the scarecrow face but hay man, the black and yellow stripes are not as obvious, maybe use a darker yellow instead of the black for a more strawesome look. Same on the pauldron, maybe using a different stripe pattern to add more stripes/fibers and two/three colors would make it much more obvious.
I really the way the mouth/nose (or lack thereof) chin is constructed, very clever and looks like a scarecrow...
I suppose you used all three slots for this : tiny nose (stake of wood ExEq) and two sets of flattened horns (or a heart for chin and horns for mouth).
I really love the collage presentation, with color fill background.

Adeleine : the background story is exquisite, i loved every single word of it.
Great use of the shackles (which i now need to unlock :), strong theme (check), dark muted colors (check), good use of stickers for stitches and scars, grime and stains on the robe and body (check), dark blue eyes (check but why not purple like the axe), changed weapon colors to match (check), eyebrows (consider removing), ribbon in the hair ExEq (wink to Vil and check :), doll attire (check). Great collage and poses (i like that you can click and zoom easily). No back shot (where you have room for theme based stickers, wonders) ?
I hope battle comments and voice support the theme but i cannot...check (check). Was the third ExEq used to hide the eye behind the dark patch sticker half-burnt face otherwise no clue, hard to see what's behind the fringe/hair (wonders).

I'd like to see the thumbnail and some gameplay pics of her (requests)
Do you want me to do a scarecrow (wonders) ?

Miserable attempt at a review, but E for Effort (ends here)

Great duo (consider marrying them)
Happy Thanks Giween !

PS : i don't consider Adeleine a loliCAS, but a great dolliCAS nonetheless :)

Last edited:
It is a shame how many of the special items that could make that doll even better are missing, that said it looks amazing dude!

The scarecrow is so good, dude, how did you do the face piece?

Also great stories, very interesting!

@Ramus: Thanks for the review! The upper mouth is just a pair of horns (with only flat ends exposed) while the lower mouth is just an apple.

@VILARCANE: omg the straw puns. can't handle this. It's true that using a dark yellow rather than black would be more straw-like. My decision to use black emerged from a number of compromises. First, extreme detail on the outfit w/ Cervy and Az gear, so offset with minimalist, low-contrast color tone. Second, low-contrast color tone makes it difficult to distinguish yellow hay from brown coat, so make hay stand out with huge exaggerated stripes. I actually kind of liked the cartoony, Borderlands-ish effect, but I may have to touch-up the pattern. Almost right with the ExEq! Except the tiny nose is actually just the skelly's exposed nose hole. The third ExEq is actually the straw-patterned batwings covering part of the skelly torso (visible in upper-middle pic). I wanted to expose the rib cage to make it seem like the hay was falling off the skelly frame (with the wing bones serving as ropes!) But I'll need to elevate the bat wings a tad later.

Also, yes! Another scarecrow would be amazing! Harrawesome has a 'hero' scarecrow. I have an 'villain' scarecrow. You could make ... whatever intrigues your muse. Maybe a handsome, playboy scarecrow? That would be so much win.

For Adeleine: hmmm I forgot to recolor the eyes. Good point. Yeah, totally stole the ribbon technique from your Clown Tira! I also stole Matty's technique frilly brim ExEq. I may not be the best at discovering new tech, but I always remember others' tech. Years later, even. Expect more stealing (especially from you) in the future! I could source 90% of my stolen techniques and even cite in APA format, but who likes reading paperwork haha. Thanks for comments on the story too. I think people in the world are too happy (myself included :P) Sometimes a bit of horror helps keep life in check.

Last edited:
Back