α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

aPat CE is 8 frames, and frame 5 to 8 are invincible.
I still don't know how much FD from global press is accurate but from my experience alpha CE is 6 framer and i wasn't sure why everybody calls it 8 framer and how they checked it.
It punish tons of moves that i checked and are listed as -6 on block or hit, + now your telling that it have some inv frames with gives us another clue.
I did some testing now for that invincible 5-th frame and i didn't find anything. It was always interrupted. But on 6-th and longer frames it was always faster.
Also invincible frames usually means that hit box of move is connecting with a model where should be a hurt box of second opponent. In all my testings i dint noticed anything like that, it was always a frame or two before move should connect, with would means that it's just faster.

I think now we can say that he have 6i CE.

But we shouldn't say it to loudly, it wouldn't be a good info for non alpha players.
So let's keep this just between us, okay? :P

I will check as soon as I get back in my apartment (tomorrow).
FD from FuturePress is good, but I did some corrections, it may have mistakes.

ok I'm scrub, most of -6 that i checked don't work now xD, probably i just record things with too short guard input xD
this way all of moves are punishable lolol

so i don't know for sure why it interrupt moves where are less frames of gap then 8. It have some quick TC and super instant backstep animation but it sometimes looks like time stops for attacking moves.

Example pyrrha 4A to 236:B and AA to 236:B.
4A gives +4, AA gives +7 and when we interrupt 236:B with CE we can see that pyrrha's 236:B freezes on the same looking frame. And I'm doubt that 12'th and 15'th frame of her 236:B looks the same (and that on 15'th frame she still have hidden sword).

So you are right, it looks like a invincibility frames mechanism, but in funny calibur style:P, good find.

Wonder if all CR have that mechanism.

Oh yeah, I can give you my tests here. Will edit this post later.

aPat data should be pretty accurate, I checked most of the stuff there too. Although some mistakes could still be there.

Synraii, you should delete my threads here (combos, tech traps, frame data and forum directory) and create new ones. I will also make you a aPat SA image later (kind of like this)

hi all
Setsuka was my main in 4 and now Alpha is my main since he is almost Setsuka.
Alpha is a great strong character, a little bit nerfed in the range compared to Setsuka and with less moves but he's still strong
but I think JF twister hitting grounded people is unfair and gives a lot of damage without using meter which makes me think it is an unbalanced move and should be fixed (and for now I think it's the only thing that should be fixed, nothing else should be nerfed or buffed)

I want to know your opinions about this, do you agree with me or I'm missing something ?

Synraii, you should delete my threads here (combos, tech traps, frame data and forum directory) and create new ones. I will also make you a aPat SA image later (kind of like this)
Right you are - I'll delete them in the morning, I'm just getting to bed now.
(Placement on mother and baby - glad I can't give birth, lol)

hi all
Setsuka was my main in 4 and now Alpha is my main since he is almost Setsuka.
Alpha is a great strong character, a little bit nerfed in the range compared to Setsuka and with less moves but he's still strong
but I think JF twister hitting grounded people is unfair and gives a lot of damage without using meter which makes me think it is an unbalanced move and should be fixed (and for now I think it's the only thing that should be fixed, nothing else should be nerfed or buffed)

I want to know your opinions about this, do you agree with me or I'm missing something ?
Why do people say this? It only hits grounded in a combo. If the opponent is laying there, it only hits their left laying side.

I'm just gonna throw the results of one of my Cannes matches out there:
In a FT 10 with Fleshmaster I won 10-6, meaning Alpha Patroklos moderators > Natsu moderators. ^_^

Speaking of which:

Ok, so I had a fun day cleaning these boards up, but the long and short is that the frame data is up, combo thread is done for the moment, we have an SA directory and video thread and a lot of content has been organised and or deleted for the sake of relevance and tidiness.
And my god, did it take a while.

Every Alpha Patroklos player who posts here, I believe should take pride in this SA as it will be the best SA on this forum if I have anything to say about it and while I now have the power to keep this board tidy, I would hope that now it is tidy all players take a certain degree of responsibility with their posts on here.

So I'm going to make this plain: this is a Soul Arena. It is not the casual board, it is not the general board and it is certainly not the fanfic board. While in other boards, a lot is posted with little actual content, a SA is differant, this is the focused hub of information for each character in the game and it will be presented as such.
Which is to say, think before you post. I welcome any player who contributes, no matter how small the contribution, but I will not tolerate the derailing of threads, flame wars, trolling or going especially off topic on this SA. It is embarrassing and content of this nature will be deleted. Regarding going off topic, there is leniancy to be had in the general discussion thread, but nowhere else. For example:

If an experienced member starts discussing Z.W.E.I setups on the frame data thread with no adequete reason, the content will be deleted.

If a new player comes on here and creates a thread to whine about how cheap Alpha is because he/she lost online to him, rather than asking about things they struggle with against him in the Q and A/general discussion thread, it will be deleted, though with an explanation.

If anybody starts a discussion thread about story aspects of Alpha rather than gameplay, or indeed uses the word cannon, it will be moved to the SCV general board - this is a focused SA, we do versus mode, not story mode.

I am more than happy to keep this Soul Arena in good order but I ask contributors to think before they post and we can consider what will be the best SA on the forum a team effort.

Syn

Every Alpha Patroklos player who posts here, I believe should take pride in this SA as it will be the best SA on this forum
Ivy's SA traditionally has been the biggest, tidiest and most active of all. That's not gonna change anytime soon =) sorry!

I can't do the 2143a:B all that well, ag:B I can do the slide way. I just need to practice it more.

Hello Ive decided im going to start using patsuka. Ive always liked setsukas style but never got around to being able to really devote some time to serious training. But I was able to get down 1B:B to about 85% success rate. I figured since I can do that one quite well and there's only a couple others giving me trouble might as well work on those and just use the char.

Ive played around with his moves before just to see differences from SCIV setsuka and I can do normal twisters but not jf ones but i really didnt spend too much time on it. Other than that I think the only jf's I have the most trouble doing are jf twister, agB, and 1A: A:A. The others I can do without much trouble. But I can only play on weekends and so Ive decided to devote this weekend completely to patsuka. Already read most of the threads here and Im excited to get started the wait is killing me but to relieve some of that Ive been practicing some of the jf inputs on my psp lol.

Back