α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Character-wise: He's a badass looking dude using iaido.

Style-wise: Can punish a TON of things for a lot of damage, fast, great CE (not a lot of damage but is the second fastest move in the game IIRC), awesome throws, safe mids, overall best toolset if you're good enough to execute with him.

Character-wise: Nothing special, personally. He's just a Yun-Seong esque character with more sense than his former self.

Style-Wise-Good execution for the most part, but it will take practice, and quite a lot of it.

Yeah I think Alpha Pat will take more repetitive training grinding than any other character. It's not becoming familiar with his moves, but rather learning to nail his 6 different Just Frames with 100% efficacy (most of them are essential tools).

Yeah I think Alpha Pat will take more repetitive training grinding than any other character. It's not becoming familiar with his moves, but rather learning to nail his 6 different Just Frames with 100% efficacy (most of them are essential tools).

Oh definitely, I have way more time in Training mode than anything else on my file, LOL.

Still trying to get JF Twister/Umbrella and JF agB, the rest I've figured out.

Still haven't found a reliable way to slide agB. Can't think of anything but setting the bottom three buttons to agb.

^
That is exactly what I do, on a stick you may have to if you want that consistently. Not sure human fingers will move back and forth fast enough 100 percent of the time to have that move on lockdown without binding those bottom 3. On a controller though... prolly a bit easier, but I use stick. :)

Probably gonna have to do that. Thing I was worried about was finger positioning afterwards because I don't like not being in a position to quickly attack or defend. Good thing that G would be the very first button, so at least not a "total" feeling of being defenseless. Been working to get my JF twisters down to the point where I don't need to slide unnecessarily fast, and I can therefore get my fingers back in position fast.

I pretty much got the JF down just having a little trouble with the 1bb consistent tho.
but it seems like with Broska you have them days where you can hit almost every JF you throw out
and somedays it hard to hit them, u just need to get that muscle memory in it.

Sometimes when I'm doing a Twister after an 8A+B~B, the camera will swivel around during my input and mess me up. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to avoid it?

Also, what do I do if Pattycakes's back is turned after an 8A+B~B?

Sometimes when I'm doing a Twister after an 8A+B~B, the camera will swivel around during my input and mess me up. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to avoid it?

Also, what do I do if Pattycakes's back is turned after an 8A+B~B?

When your back is turned, B+K:B works quite well, and the JF for it is very easy to do.

When your back is turned, B+K:B works quite well, and the JF for it is very easy to do.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any tips to help me recognize the distances that will leave me back turned after 8A+B~B? I'm practicing 1b:B, 1b:B, 2143b:B combos.

If only 1a: a: A was as easy as BT B+K:B.

I wouldn't know specifically, what would cause it, but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable folks on here might. Most people who try to implement BT B+K:B that I know of will try to 8A+B~A it, which works for getting the back turn everytime but is quite risky.

1AAA JF does take time to learn, but it's not impossible. I suck at JFs and I managed to get it down, the important thing is to not look for visual cues on the screen saying when to do it, it's more timing based. My brother learned how to do it (and showed me) by listening specifically to the rhythm of the buttons when it comes out successfully and then repeating it, then trying to do it without following the sound, just letting your fingers tap the button at that same rate.

I just wish the effing JF Twister worked like the others. It's a "go fast but not too fast or you'll miss a button and sometimes you go just as fast or faster and it still doesn't work" type of thing.

It turns out that 2A BE will option select with BT B+K, so I might have to rely on that when I have meter. I learned the timing for the 1B and FC 3B JFs based on rhythym (the both feel the same), so I'm sure I'll master the 1A JF eventually. JF twister and JF agB are really hard for me on stick.

Thanks again for all the help.

whats his best move to do guard damage ? im thinking 1bb, 11b, 66 A+B, because on break you can hit them with Sakura Fury Combo which is fun

Found out you can't play aPat online. Even with 5bar connections, your timings are messed. I made a 2 day full offline play and I am now disguted with online aPat haha.

I need an online character :(

I do. It's ridiculously hard/inconsistent doing Twisters online, even normal ones. JFs are funky too.

I recorded a match of myself online with a 5 bar connection and watched the inputs, and it was consistently recognizing my 2143aB (and it showed I did 2143aB in the inputs) as 2143B.

It's kinda sad. This SC5 online is an invaluable training tool.
I have atm 65-70% offline JF twisters at the end of combos (versus matches - and I don't really care about first one but I am really focused on the ender).
And online... I was even missing my 214~3B:B timing in combos :( It was... frustrating.

I don't know which online character to pick... perhaps Omega since aPat is the best punisher in this game, she could very well do and make us learn to be focused on unsafe moves.

Back