α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

E: Siegfried
Hahahaha

Sorry, I had to :P

No way they would nerf him to bottom tier. I'm thinking he was already bad in the old builds but his weaknesses got revealed when people got their chance to study him. He stills does strong damage, that's for sure (see Kayane's stream)

Are you sure? :P

SS: Devil Jin
S: Natsu
A: Alpha Patroklos, Pyrrha Omega, Pyrrha, Algol, Cervantes
B: Patroklos, Xiba, Maxi, Ivy, Leixia, Voldo, Tira, Yoshimitsu
C: Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Hilde, Raphael, Ezio, Astaroth
D: Aeon, Dampierre, Z.W.E.I., Viola
E: Siegfried

This is the list from one of the guide writers....

I don´t care about tiers! I don´t like how Patsuka looks now... and Viola is so funny to play! she does not a lot of DMG but is a pain in the ass xD

Human Typhoon, the move you see IS UMbrella, it has now the old 66B Animation, JF Version hits grounded. Mad Unsafe of course.

The other Move you mean, the shoulder attack is 2A BE! Also unsafe, only for Combos.

NoirEffekt...i dont think 44K connects after 1BB, but didnt test too much.

Soon more videos will be on my channel!

EDIT:

So here a two Vids, third one will be up in a few hours:

I think I like Setsudude's gameplay more than Setsuka's. Does he require the same amount of just frames?

Is his style CaS-able? If not I will be very upset...

Btw, I don't know if anyone posted, but does he have any NEW moves that Setsuka didn't NOT variations.

@Trace_afj :
We have the same tastes :) In SC5 I will main aP and my 2ndary character will be Viola.
I can understand why you would go from Setska to Viola. I am saying Setsuka because aP is a WHOLE new different character. From what I can see and guess about the character, he could be very strong (damage, punishing, pressing) but we will need a lot of MUs knowledge in order to play with him (VERY straightforward offensive game, killing zoning / stepping will be a Pain in the ass). He seems to need a more tighter approach of the game. Setsuka's was more ... relaxed. I don't think he will be as strong in SC5 as Setsuka was in SC4 too.

----- On topic :

Some french guys have the game, and they just woke me up texting me about 104 dmg combo out of 44B+K BE and 85 dmg combo out of 33B NH.... I was awake very fast :P

Those seem combo (couldn't test them myself since I don't have the game) :
44B+K BE 214~3B:B JF U JF U > 100 dmg+
33B NH 2A BE JF U > 85 dmg
1B:B JF U JF U > 90 dmg+

Watched the Kayane stream and I was wondering how aP could win against X or Y character. This lead me to realize aP has a very strong tool that was almost useless in SC4 with Sets (because of range issues + damage out of regular GI was often better than what you could get from it) but now is just veeeeeery good. I am talking about A+B autoGI.
I think (I will have confirm tomorrow) A+B stayed the same from SC4 to SC5. This mean we have a very usefull anti-mid autoGI now. Lots of pressings that would be kinda bad in SC4 because of GI are now working because GI need SoulGauge now. A+B is SoulGauge free, so .... this could be a good strategy against ZWEI, Leixhua or Viola, or characters that have strong and slow mids (I am thinking of Asta's 44A for exemple).

Does the first hit of 3b:B push back and what's the shoulder rush?

The first hit? I don´t know... the shoulder attack is 2A BE, it conects after 9A+B B in some situations and depending of the character, it doesn´t hit characters with small hit-boxes.

You can do 1B:B1B:B214~3B:bBE 9A+BB umbrella and os a lot of DMG

You can also do ag:B ag:B 2ABE JF umbrella and is around 140 I think!

4A is slow as hell and doesn´t stuns on CH :/ and 22_88BA is the replacement for 22A+BA

Sorry if this has been posted already but I can´t read! I just want to play!! xDDD

The first hit? I don´t know... the shoulder attack is 2A BE, it conects after 9A+B B in some situations and depending of the character, it doesn´t hit characters with small hit-boxes.

You can do 1B:B1B:B214~3B:bBE 9A+BB umbrella and os a lot of DMG

You can also do ag:B ag:B 2ABE JF umbrella and is around 140 I think!

4A is slow as hell and doesn´t stuns on CH :/ and 22_88BA is the replacement for 22A+BA

Sorry if this has been posted already but I can´t read! I just want to play!! xDDD
Oh my God wow I'm stupid I meant 1B:b

P.s. Does a:B (not sure if that the correct one) duck mids or highs?

What about 66a (also not sure) does is have decent range and does 4a+b step back like in SCIV?

This version of Setsuka is harder to masterbate to. God damn you to hell Project Soul, you bunch of lazy fucks.

Doing a little bit of testing.

His new 4K is a mid kick that totally has a longer range than it looks....surprised me. Range is really good. Also safe against aP's 2A. I like this move. It's a 26 damage safe poke but I'm not sure why you'd use it over 33B yet.

33/99K is a high that jumps lows. Has good range also, pushes back a bit, and is safe against aP's 2A. Links to CE on hit.

66B is now her old aB which was a mid poke stab. Causes double over stun on hit. Links to CE on hit. Also safe against aP's 2A. Liking this a bit more now.

Also, BT B+K:B, the B is now a guard crush that launches :O

BT2K no longer knocks down.

The third hit in 1AAA is still guard crush :p

CH11A old combos don't work. 8A+BB won't pick up.

44A is the old wrA. Don't know if it has similar frames yet.

4B is the same. Looks like it pushes back even further and has longer range. Safe against aP's 2A. Does good guage damage again also.

1K is interesting. Looks like a different version of old SC4 8K. Mid hit that may have tech jump and tech crouch frames but I'm not sure. It doesn't hit grounded although it looks like it should. Knockdown on hit, and unsafe against aP's 2A.

44A+B Unblockable is different, in a worse way. It's now a short range flash kick thing that hits mid, and is steppable to both sides, and can also be backstepped. Can still be G canceled but not as fast as before. Delaying the cancel will make him backstep a bit. Don't like this :C

22BA is the new 22A+BA. Can be used after 2A+B, and also picks up off of ground.

Doc is right. This char feels more JF intensive than SC4 one.

Back