α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I was thinking to myself how it would suck that he didn't have the umbrella move but, seeing he has a replacement for it makes me feel a little better. Plus it can be used the same and, am happy he still has all the most of the JF's.

Question does he have the JF move where Setsuka like sky rockets her opponent in the air (not sure of the input). Also I know he doesn't have the umbrella but, did he get something else for Setsuka's BT B+K :B+K

I was thinking to myself how it would suck that he didn't have the umbrella move but, seeing he has a replacement for it makes me feel a little better. Plus it can be used the same and, am happy he still has all the most of the JF's.

Question does he have the JF move where Setsuka like sky rockets her opponent in the air (not sure of the input).

Yes, a:B:g

Also I know he doesn't have the umbrella but, did he get something else for Setsuka's BT B+K :B+K
Yes, BT B+K B

frame data up guys. lol enjoy those mirror matches block an AA? do CE! block a BB?CE!! block a K?CE!!!! and lol 2a CE being a legit combo

So I'm really new to the Soul Calibur universe. Can someone link me to a good write up about JFs? I'm not sure how they work but I really want to main A. Pat.

Ring of Heaven also changed from :A::+::K: to :8::A::+::K:. Frankly I'd like to know what designer though this was an improvement -grumble-.​
Anyone who uses a 360 game pad, what are your recommended control mappings for Patsuka?​

So I'm really new to the Soul Calibur universe. Can someone link me to a good write up about JFs? I'm not sure how they work but I really want to main A. Pat.
Check setsuka's sciv soul arena..

aP is so much fun to play with. So much pressings, so much attacks, dragon-like CE, so much mix up !!!
I am having trouble with combos though ;( but ... I will train.

Ring of Heaven also changed from :A::+::K: to :8::A::+::K:. Frankly I'd like to know what designer though this was an improvement -grumble-.​
Anyone who uses a 360 game pad, what are your recommended control mappings for Patsuka?​

8A+B not 8A+K.
This is my mappings : L1 : A+B L2 : A+B+K R1 : B+G R2 : G
I play on Xbox pad.

aP is so much fun to play with. So much pressings, so much attacks, dragon-like CE, so much mix up !!!
I am having trouble with combos though ;( but ... I will train.
Can you stop DESTROYING me in Quick Battle I RQ'd the game twice now. Thanks!

other than being the new setsuka, i love the alpha pat. he's much less anoying than his cocky-ass old self.....and he's hot

yeah they do! i feel the same way with pyyrha, sure she's an innocent little girl but she gets soooo whiney sometimes. but she's still more likeable than normal pat.

yeah they do! i feel the same way with pyyrha, sure she's an innocent little girl but she gets soooo whiney sometimes. but she's still more likeable than normal pat.

When Nightmare broke the news that he'd been slaughtering innocent people I laughed so hard. "Haha, you little bastard! You're a mass-murderer! Fuck you AND your Justice!"

I love this dude, he's so freaking awesome (and his personality becomes really cool after he stops using the sword and board). Definitely helps the sting of my main since SC1 (Kilik) becoming a damn mimic.

I'm currently maining him, but I could definitely stand to get better. I can't do JFs on command for the life of me, so that's the main thing I'm working on.

so right after beating the story mode I made one character and went straight to playing online ~ my character uses Setsu style n' I found it almost easier to beat people online ( unless everyone is just nooby ) I got an 11 win streak than loss to a Sieg :((((( as a Setsu player I found him refreshing and lovable in an instant. Sorry Setsu, you're gone. Alpha-Pat is your perfect replacement. *smooches*

To help me learn his just frames I am looking to hit the button at the last possible second before the hitbox thing telling me if I hit low, mid, or high comes up. Is this the correct way to do it?

Edit

NVM I'm stupid. I've bee in training mode so long I forgot that there is no indicator telling you where you hit in a mathc.

Are there any good combos from lows? The only one i can see is 1A.A.A and that has 2 just frames in the combo for mediocre damage.

Are there any good combos from lows? The only one i can see is 1A.A.A and that has 2 just frames in the combo for mediocre damage.
Combos? Nah, mindgames? YES

11k puts you in a TC and can usually get off some 3b:B or 3aB. Or you can use it to go for FC 3a+b > 214b > 8a+b~b > 1a(BE) > 8a+b~b

Alpha Patroklos profile has been included on the main website.

Turns out that Setsuka was training quite a few people, or orphans in particular. Young Patroklos seemed to be the one who wanted to learn it the most. It also states that Setsuka was more like a mother figure to him than his own biological one.

....Oh yeah, Patroklos later turned his back on her by acting like another Yun-Seong, and then ran away from her. Nice going Patroklos. *rolls eyes*

Interesting enough that Setsuka no longer desired revenge, but Patroklos had an extreme thirst for it.

But nonetheless, at least they have a good damn excuse for it, but this pretty much confirms that Patroklos will be Setsuka's replacement throughout the series, including future installments, since "Patroklos" was only a persona that he did not desire.

Back