α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Patsuka gets knocked down, besides guessing correctly, what unique options can he do? Any move he can occasionally mash out to at least return the momentum to neutral?

And as for combos, I'm trying to figure out a way to have 'any starter > 8 :A:+:B: :B: > Twister' land consistently. Sometimes the Twister hits, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I input it incorrectly. Is there a certain moment I need to start doing the motion for it? And how about the speed of it? Maybe I need to do the motions and input aB really quickly? And would distance and height be a factor as well?

Patsuka gets knocked down, besides guessing correctly, what unique options can he do? Any move he can occasionally mash out to at least return the momentum to neutral?

And as for combos, I'm trying to figure out a way to have 'any starter > 8 :A:+:B: :B: > Twister' land consistently. Sometimes the Twister hits, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I input it incorrectly. Is there a certain moment I need to start doing the motion for it? And how about the speed of it? Maybe I need to do the motions and input aB really quickly? And would distance and height be a factor as well?
On a controller, so far i've found it is best to press the a:B light and fast. You have to have a feel for it, like keep your thumb loose so you're not smashing the buttons. And for the Twister after A+BB (ex: A+G, A+BB, Twister), i find you can't buffer the "214" (or whatever you call it) during the recovery/animation of A+BB like you can other moves, either that or you have to buffer really late and still have to input Twister really fast. You have to have patience after A+BB, kinda like you're delaying the Twister. I actually do the JF Twister more often than the regular Twister when i do AB+B. But i find it way harder to do Twisters on the right side as opposed to left side, if you're using a controller.

Well I use a stick so yeeeah, but thanks for the suggestion on the controller though.

I come from a BB background and that game has a bunch of buffering there so there's a little bit of adjusting for me to do. In fact, I need to learn how to JF Twisters as well. =\

So in actuality A+BB > Twister, it's somewhat like a link?

I feel bad asking but I never played the character before so I don't know the common naming. Can you guys tell me what inputs are associated with the moves you are naming?
EG: JF Twister
Umbrella.

Is JF Twister 2143aB jf? = Sakura twister?
What is umbrella's command though?
Are there any other commonly named moves that I should know about?
I'm really considering making alpha my second or third character.

Thanks.

Question... When doing the Sakura Twister, I can't seem to get the just frame version to work.... Any suggestions or help that would help me in getting the just frame twister to come out? I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Any help is appreciated.

I feel bad asking but I never played the character before so I don't know the common naming. Can you guys tell me what inputs are associated with the moves you are naming?
EG: JF Twister
Umbrella.

Is JF Twister 2143aB jf? = Sakura twister?
What is umbrella's command though?
Are there any other commonly named moves that I should know about?
I'm really considering making alpha my second or third character.

Thanks.

- Twister (which is in fact Sakura Twister) and Umbrella are the same move. 2143aB would cause Setsuka in SCIV to do a charge attack with the umbrella opened up (thus the name) while Pat does the spinning slash attack. Some people just have trouble getting over calling it Umbrella, thus why you see both.

- JF Twister is indeed the JF version of 2143aB.

- Twisters are really the only moves people give a nickname to, everything else is just notated by the commands.

Question... When doing the Sakura Twister, I can't seem to get the just frame version to work.... Any suggestions or help that would help me in getting the just frame twister to come out? I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm sure there's someone like Maxou or Synraii or docvizzo who could tell you better, but I'll share my noob knowledge of how to do it (I can get them to come out most of the time). Basically, the only trick to it is doing the aB slide very quickly. Note that "quickly" doesn't mean "pushing the buttons hard and fast", just fast. I couldn't do them for anything on Earth until I eased up on the buttons and did my slides pressing the buttons lightly. After that, it all came together.

They're a pain to learn, but don't give up. I thought I'd never figure it out until one day in Practice it just worked.

Looks like all moves from 214 stance (except 214B+G) are now TC from 1 frame. So not only twister, but also 214A_B_K, 2143A+B, 2142A_B_K, 2143B.
So when Asta walk up to you and try CE you just need to 2143A+B during freeze and punish him for +100.

Killer find. Works against Ivy too

Hey guys, I'm a totaly noob here, but I have a few questions regarding Patsuka and I was hoping someone can help me out. I've been practicing with him for a couple days and need some help.

1. I can do the Twister quite well, whether it's 2143ab, or when you initiate it from while crouching. Though, I can't really tell the difference to when I'm doing a JF Twister or just a regular Twister. Heck, I don't even know what JF means. What's the difference? Is one superior to the other? If there is, any tips on how to use it effectively?

2. I've seen many other Patsuka players on Youtube and tried to study their moves. I noticed that doing the Twister right after the 8A+B B move is really effective. I was able to use this effectively a couple of times, but not a lot. I can't seem to get the timing of it. Do I do it before Patsuka lands after the 8A+B B move, or just a little before? At times, I can pull it off, but they already blocking, or I screw up and end up doing a different move.

3. I sort of got the timing down for the Sakura Air Combo, but only in Practice. I'm just wondering if the move is absolutely necessary to be a good Patsuka player. Can I get by without it?

I'm sorry if I'm asking for a bit too much, but I greatly appreciate the help.

Yes, credits goes to beta testers. Ring told me, that time ago they found, that some TC moves was able to TC these CE grabs. Namco didn't patched this with was not wise. So only thing to do was to check all of his TC moves.

Though, I can't really tell the difference to when I'm doing a JF Twister or just a regular Twister. Heck, I don't even know what JF means. What's the difference? Is one superior to the other? If there is, any tips on how to use it effectively?
On the JF Twister: you will see a white flash come from alpha, he will also either say nothing or something that sounds a bit like 'sange' in the English language version.
On a regular twister: There is no flash and he sounds like link from SC II (GCN version).
JF twister is superior for the following reasons:
It deals more damage
It is faster
It is necessary in certain combos as regular twister won't work.
It hits grounded
According to Ring, it catches step, but don't trust it to.

Do I do it before Patsuka lands after the 8A+B B move, or just a little before? At times, I can pull it off, but they already blocking, or I screw up and end up doing a different move.
After. You want to finish the input as he sheathes from 8A+BB.

3. I sort of got the timing down for the Sakura Air Combo, but only in Practice. I'm just wondering if the move is absolutely necessary to be a good Patsuka player. Can I get by without it?
Its his best low, stick with it.

According to Ring, it catches step, but don't trust it to.
Since when I have become less credible?

214/236 re-aligns aPat towards the opponent every time he uses it. 214 into delayed JF Twister tracks both sides, in fact I also think it works with regular twister as well. Maybe it doesn't track by itself but the effect is still the same. I knew something was up ever since this move suddenly was able to beat all of Siegfried's options after 3(B), including 2_8B+K.

It just have big hit box, in sc3/4 it worked the same. Well timed step always beat this. Bad timed step (too soon) gets beat by it.
From my observation you need just a 8 frame sidestep for normal sized char with decent step speed to step it on any direction and any distance. Moves very linear like B needs only 2 frame less time. So difference is not big and its only there because of bigger hit box of twister.
But if you do SS too soon, like 20-25 and more frames before twister connects then it will hit because SS after 20 frames is too slow to evade some of stuff.
JF twister's horizontal hit box is the same. So it's the same "tracking" properties.

On the JF Twister: you will see a white flash come from alpha, he will also either say nothing or something that sounds a bit like 'sange' in the English language version.

First of, I thank you for your help. Many thanks.
Another question.
So, how do I pull off a JF Twister effectively every time? I've seen Patsuka flash before when I tried it, but is it because I inputted the command, like, really fast?

Oh, and another thing. Like I said before, I can pull a Twister with 2134aB, or do it with 4aB from crouching. Which one is more viable? I feel like the when where you crouch takes longer. Because, well, you crouch. Unless crouching + 4aB can perform a JF.

Again, I'm sorry if these questions are ridiculous even for a noob. I just need some minor adjustments to be a better Alpha player.

You mean 3a:B, lol.
So, how do I pull off a JF Twister effectively every time?
Slide aB as fast as possible - just keep practicing.

I can pull a Twister with 2134aB, or do it with 4aB from crouching. Which one is more viable?
They are both perfectly viable and being able to do both reliably is very important in playing Alpha. 214 especially because you can buffer it into blockstun and punish with Twister when you are standing and it is needed for combos.

This issue is similar to disdainted's. My friend has been trying to learn Alpha Pat, and he can do the Sakura Twister consistently(inconsistent on the JF version), but after 8A+BB, even though he hits the Twister on a regular basis, he has been unable to get the move off in time to get the guaranteed damage. Even if he hits the JF version of the Twister, the opponent is always able to block it. I've been trying to help him some, but I struggle with the move messing with APat casually and am not motivated enough to focus hardcore on APat as a character right now. So been going through the threads for information, and found some good stuff on the timing to get the JF version of the Twister, but have some specific questions about this particular situation and would appreciate any assistance.

1. When during the 8A+BB animation can you actually start buffering the Twister?
2. Do you buffer the 214 part early, and then hit the 3a:B at a different point, or do you have to hit the full move all at once?
3. Do you have to hit the JF version of the Twister to get the guarantee(as it appears that's not necessary when the computer executes the combo in practice mode)?
4. Is the 3G,3a:B method for the Twister totally worthless for this situation or can it hit as well(if so, any buffer tricks there)?

Thanks for any help.

1. When during the 8A+BB animation can you actually start buffering the Twister?
2. Do you buffer the 214 part early, and then hit the 3a:B at a different point, or do you have to hit the full move all at once?
3. Do you have to hit the JF version of the Twister to get the guarantee(as it appears that's not necessary when the computer executes the combo in practice mode)?
4. Is the 3G,3a:B method for the Twister totally worthless for this situation or can it hit as well(if so, any buffer tricks there)?

Thanks for any help.

1. When opponent is launched around the highest point, do your input.
2. One Motion.
3. Dont need JF in this Combo.
4. Dont even start with this. 214 is done in recovery times, you cant do that with 3G. Always do umbrella with a 214 Motion.

This Combo is really easy actually compared to others. I just assume he is doint the whole motion too slow....or way too late.

General JF Question (Twister related)
I can't do the JF, but then again I haven't tried too much. Been busy with some new techniques on my main, but when I do try the twister I do the input in an unorthodox way and was wondering if it will cause my JF to NEVER work because of my technique.
First let me say I use an analog stick on my x360 controller.
Now, in order to do Twister the input is 2143aB.
I do 21478963aB, basically like 350 degree rotation.
Because of all of these additional inputs will the JF never come out or is it still a matter of timing? I figure if I can rotate the stick smoothly and fast enough I should be able to do the move with 0% chance of failure due to direction error if my techinque works.
Note: Please click reply if you answer so I get the Alert.
Thanks.

Back