α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

IM actually surprised we don't see more ppl use him IM tournaments. The only JF you really need is JFT. The other ones like 1a: a:a and 1 b:b are just a a bonus. 2143/fc k is ridiculously good and his throws make ppl have to duck into 66b or 2363/66b which both are completely safe. Not broken though lol

Why play Alpha when there's easy mode characters like Mitsu and friends? Easy to use viable characters are always more popular in tournament. Look at US Tekken: compare the number of bob players to kazuya players.

Yea I know lol. After playing alpha its really hard for me to play anyone else even my main Nightmare. I just enjoy the challenge and accomplishment of hitting his combos. Its so much fun for me.

i've just started to pick him up and am trying to make him my secondary and he's pretty rewarding even if i can't JFT yet.

hi when should i start inputting the second 1B:B just frame. for example the combo - 1B:B, 1B:B FC3B:B, JFT, JFT.
I heard that the second 1B:B has a different timing, when should i start the input? thanks. :)

Maybe I should elaborate:
To hit the JF you need to hit B on frame 17 of the move, but because you're doing it in a combo the second 1B can be buffered, in which case it will appear to have different visual timing because the move comes out a little later than the input, but it is still the exact same window.

When I do 33B(2363B) and it stuns instead of launches I drop the combo. I'm used to it launching and doing BA. But when it stuns I've seen people do 2143B:B. How the hell can you get that off and not accidentally do BA on a stun and 2143B:B on a launch? BA on launch isn't too hard since you can take more time to verify the opponent is going to be airborne. But, if you happen to stun them the follow-up has to be done so immediately that I flub it.

You know what...if there's a competent aPat on XBL that has the grace and patience to do some player matches with me and show me a thing or two I'd love you forever!

Easy mode:
33B, JF Twister. Combos regardless + better oki than bA ender on NH.
33B, 2143B:B on CH is a very tight window on confirm so you don't see it used a lot competitively but it is possible.

My advice:
Always JF Twister after 33B on hit/CH. Go for the confirm 2143B:B if you're offline and on point.

When I do 33B(2363B) and it stuns instead of launches I drop the combo. I'm used to it launching and doing BA. But when it stuns I've seen people do 2143B:B. How the hell can you get that off and not accidentally do BA on a stun and 2143B:B on a launch? BA on launch isn't too hard since you can take more time to verify the opponent is going to be airborne. But, if you happen to stun them the follow-up has to be done so immediately that I flub it.

You know what...if there's a competent aPat on XBL that has the grace and patience to do some player matches with me and show me a thing or two I'd love you forever!

i always just twister regardless because running up after the launch seems better than the bA slide. but as for getting 2143B:B to hit i can't even do it in training.

Edit: what Syn said.

i always just twister regardless because running up after the launch seems better than the bA slide.

Edit: what Syn said.
OIC. bA knocks the opponent back so far that it's creating a break in pressure and gives them time to observe and consider my next approach maybe. Good thinking.

but as for getting 2143B:B to hit i can't even do it in training.
Me neither. That's why I was wanting to get someone capable of such things to play me. All in hopes that watching it applied in person may show me what I need to know.

Me neither. That's why I was wanting to get someone capable of such things to play me. All in hopes that watching it applied in person may show me what I need to know.

I'm not positive but i'm almost positive Woahhzz does it if you want to watch some of his matches.

I can usually consistently get 2143B:B after counter hit 33B even online. It just takes consider practice, but the motion is the same as twister, so if you have fast reactions and can tell that it is counter hit (say you interrupt a really slow move like Asta 22B or the like) then converting the combo is just the same timing as FC 3B:B but you can pre-buffer the 214 motion for twister. If you can't tell if it's counter hit or regular hit always twister. But don't worry, my best friend also plays aPat and does the same thing you do, so you aren't the only one. And I would love to run some sets with you but I am on psn :(.

Easy mode:
33B, JF Twister. Combos regardless + better oki than bA ender on NH.
33B, 2143B:B on CH is a very tight window on confirm so you don't see it used a lot competitively but it is possible.

My advice:
Always JF Twister after 33B on hit/CH. Go for the confirm 2143B:B if you're offline and on point.
I've noticed it's a bit easier to get 6K off after 33B CH's. Is this a practice worth getting into the habit of as opposed to going str8 to twister? So, 33B (CH), 6k, 8A+BB, JFT(x2 in my dreams).

Edit: Oh yeah. 22_88BA is pretty unsafe but when it does land has anyone combo'd it with a JFT? I swear I did twice the other night. Maybe the opponent was AC'ing just right for it.

I've noticed it's a bit easier to get 6K off after 33B CH's. Is this a practice worth getting into the habit of as opposed to going str8 to twister? So, 33B (CH), 6k, 8A+BB, JFT(x2 in my dreams).

Edit: Oh yeah. 22_88BA is pretty unsafe but when it does land has anyone combo'd it with a JFT? I swear I did twice the other night. Maybe the opponent was AC'ing just right for it.
I don't know if 22BA combos into twister, becuase i never use that move except for wall splat or ring out. imo if your going to sidestep, 22K is the safest options, and it also knocks down, or 22AA is better because 22AA will stun giving you a 2363BA for free. But 22(3)B is still is best sidestep, just a little harder to do. But it will hit grounded so if they just stay down after 22BA it should hit them if it's JF.

It doesn't

If however you use 22BA as a combo ender after say face first 2A BE KND it sets up some great oki:
50/50 if they stand and 8A+BB into another 2A BE as a ground/roll punisher.

Also let me make this plain:
Playing Alpha Pat well requires you to consider execution a non issue on most counts, for competent play this is not optional it is mandatory. Trading options for ease of use generally is a bad idea and it makes the character redundant.

Using the bA ender gives a slide mixup that is usually in aPat's favor because, if they play dead and still manage to block the slide while waking up, he'll go behind them and it's hard to punish (thus they have to wake up). Also, I never liked the ability the opponent has to air control twister/umbrella. Also, at the edge of the ring, there are ranges where they have to tech or 2362ba will ringout. On top of that, at certain ranges, even if they tech, it will still hit and RO. Also, nobody likes teching against aPat.

I think I've just built up some bad habits from focusing on execution before strategy. Learning Viola was simple because her inputs were easy. So, instead of worrying about execution I could just build on strategy as I learned the move-set. Seems like my aPat so far has been built around just trying to get his moves off reliably. Now, I'm having to deconstruct my play style because it was built around execution not strategy. It's sort of like starting over.

bA after 33B launch may not be the best option but I love how brutal it looks. So, I'm sort of going to be a scrub and go with the aesthetic on that one. But I will start throwing in the twister once in a while after 33B launch just because it's good practice.

Hey. I am testing aPats CE versus others when input after theirs. This is all tested offline.

If you are not within like 1 foot of Ivy when she does hers you can input you CE during hers and win the CE fight.

If you CE outside of the range of Natsus first bomb for her CE after she inputs you will either clash or win.(Warning: If you are in range of the third bomb you get hit.) Another thing you can do is if you are second bomb range, wait until first bomb is clear and second is about to start. You can make it to natsu before second pops up.(This can be done by allowing half of a twilight haze step to be completed before CE.)

Against Aion if you CE during his cinematic you will either clash or he will hit you once hen roll past you fly up in the air and breath fire, completely missing. This will give you time to get a guaranteed Ce if you still have one bar or 66B. you have a lot of time. If you are within about 3/4 of a foots range with Aion he will hit you with his CE.

Against Maxi if you CE after his starts and you are near the edge of where his first hit is(To where it would still hit you but not immediately as it started) You win the CE battle.

If you are at the very edge of Leixia's CE and use your during her cinematic you will bump her out of the air. I would not suggest this unless that tiny bump and a 2k are going to win it for you.

If you are at the edge of Omegas you win. Otherwise you lose.

If you do not git by the first hit of Yoshis you win. so pretty much dont be too close.

If you are at the VERY EDGE of Astaroths CE you win. Not suggested.

If you do not get hit by the sword of Siegfrieds CE you win.

You win at the tip of Voldos CE.

If you are not within the range of your 4B and you CE after Xiba you bump him out of the air.

There is a perfect distance where you can hit Zwei and you win.If you are at a medium range distance against Zwei and you use you CE you go through Ein. And while this does look cool it leaves you negative. If you are too close you lose. So dont try against Zwei unless you are absolutely certain

Now Viola is weird but all I am going to say is that 9/10 times you lose..

Algol you lose because you cant input anything during his but I found a cool glitch. If you CE at the perfect time and distance so that his CE chair will hit you as you hit him you will get knocked to the ground and Algol will slide across the screen while aPats CE animation happens to him. Its funny.

With Devil Jin you clash an deal 6 damage to him while he deals about 10 to you.

You win at tip range against Ezio's CE.

You win at tip range for Pyrrha's CE

You win at tip range for Rugi's CE

You win at tip for with Tira's CE

Nightmare of course you win.

Dampierre of course you win.

With aPat mirror usually whoever uses it second wins. On rare occasions they clash though.

Elysium you lose.
Cervantes-You lose
Hilde-You lose
Pat-You lose
Raph- You lose

Back