α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I'm actually getting a adapter for PS3 that will allow me to use the Xbox 360 controller instead. I can't handle it.
Also have to agree on that Sieg fucks your mind up, bad xD

Wait, you guys use the dpad for aPat? Quarter spins on a dpad are so awkward though...
I play the game repeatedly switching between the two depending on the move. Maybe that's why I can never land any combos in an actual match. <:/

Lol no. There are people that do so, but I've found it impossible. I switch around as well.

Oh, okay then... I know different people prefer different things but playing aPat on dpad would be hell I imagine.
It works a lot better than playing him on analog, IMO. I switched to D-Pad a while ago, and never looked back. D-Pad just feels much more precise than analog, especially for JFT.

It works a lot better than playing him on analog, IMO. I switched to D-Pad a while ago, and never looked back. D-Pad just feels much more precise than analog, especially for JFT.

How.
Just.
How...
I was in practice earlier and I tried to do twisters with dpad and it felt like trying to ride a unicycle just to get one to come out. I can't even imagine playing exclusively with that thing.

I wouldn't recommend long nails. They help at first for the slides (the keratin doesn't yield as quickly as skin and imparts more energy, i.e. buttons get pushed faster) but after a while the lateral jarring of your nails will make your fingers sore. If you want to be a super nerd, you can get some PTFE-treated nylon to wear on your thumb to facilitate slides.

I have problems with CH 33B wherein the follow up 214236 B whiffs because the opponent falls a bit to the side. Or when doing a 1B JF into 214236b 8 A+B will shift the camera and Apat to where his back is to the opponent and I can't do a Twister. Tips?

It's 2143B:B you're talking about. As for the first; you'll have to buffer 2143B:B directly after impact of ch 33B, works for me.
Second; 1B:B 2143B:B RoHB I'd personally replace it with 1B:B 2143B:B JFT or some kinda wallcombo

I tried several gloves and cloth at first but they just fell of or spin around. Then I found that and bought it for a cheap nickel. Where, I can't remember though

hey guys,
being a complete noob at aPat I cant seem to pull off the twister (2143aB) right after 8A+B B, instead I do a completely different move despite doing the correct input. Is there anyway to do this without having to mess up?
Also how do you pull off twisters consistently in actual matches? I can do them fine in training mode but when
it comes to real games i always do FC a, WS a , etc...
Any kind of help is appreciated thanks.

hey guys,
being a complete noob at aPat I cant seem to pull off the twister (2143aB) right after 8A+B B, instead I do a completely different move despite doing the correct input. Is there anyway to do this without having to mess up?
Also how do you pull off twisters consistently in actual matches? I can do them fine in training mode but when
it comes to real games i always do FC a, WS a , etc...
Any kind of help is appreciated thanks.
Get that slide input down first. Bushindu gave an easy way to get it down. But I found it easy to just start with 214, cause I eventually got accustom to it. After you feel comfortable using 214, try for that 3aB.
Also, pulling of Twisters consistently is all a mater of practicing and learning the frames.

Also remember that it's just about the speed of the 3aB part and not the 214 part, so don't worry if you can't do it super fast, just practice the 214 bit slowly and then add the 3aB. A lot of people had this misconception in SCIV with Setsuka's 214 ~ 3aB too.

Of course, it is nice to be able to do the 214 bit fast as well but this isn't mandatory.

Back