A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Now that i have done a few CAS with the orc race, i moved on to investigate the darksiders race. I noticed the grainy, almost rocky skin texture and the square face then i realized : why the devil not try to recreate these ?
I did 3 CAS that were hell of a lot harder to pull off than i thought they'd be...but then you know me, i styx to it :)

Here you go :
HELLBOY "human form"
HELLBOY "demon form"
LUCIFER
(this one might make you think of an old heroic fantasy movie i am quite fond of and whose l..... will never die...either :)

So let me demonstrate with a few editor shots, in-game shots will follow tomorrow, i hope you fiend them to your liking :

Urukhai: Savage! Those custom dreadlocks are perfect. You combined ExEq with the stickers for extra realism. Love the tough, look on him. Nice touch with the spider drool and spider tattoos too. I notice the eyBest orc design I’ve seen. Fits right in with the main cast. Interesting that you decided to include both the white hand of Saruman and the eye of Sauron tattoos. I’m pretty sure Saruman and Sauron never shared troops, but hey, why not. A formidable warrior like this one is sure to be just as treacherous as he is ambitious

L’espion du roi: This is awesome! I remember you used a similar build for your Mouse-keteer a long time ago. The pattern work is beautiful. You keep the corset unpatterned so the outfit doesn’t get too busy. The custom beard is hilarious. It certainly looks the part a cross-dressed girl. I don’t see a 3rd ExEq. If you have the slot you might use it to bling out the hat or custom mask.

Griffondor: Lol nice beak. Much more interesting outfit than Inferno base.

I’m LOVING loli-Taki and loli-Ivy. Nice custom earrings too. More please! If you want to take Loli-Calibur the next level, try building a custom pacifier/teether. Shit. As I type that out, I think I may just have to battle it out with you in a Loli Calibur contest!

Urukhai: Savage! Those custom dreadlocks are perfect. You combined ExEq with the stickers for extra realism. Love the tough, look on him. Nice touch with the spider drool and spider tattoos too. I notice the eyBest orc design I’ve seen. Fits right in with the main cast. Interesting that you decided to include both the white hand of Saruman and the eye of Sauron tattoos. I’m pretty sure Saruman and Sauron never shared troops, but hey, why not. A formidable warrior like this one is sure to be just as treacherous as he is ambitious

Nice comment on Saruman and Sauron, you have a keen eye :) I didn't think of that, but the background story, if you read it, states he is of the deceiptful kind...If you are looking for missing ExEq, there is not, all went into the dreadlocks + custom pupils :)

L’espion du roi: This is awesome! I remember you used a similar build for your Mouse-keteer a long time ago. The pattern work is beautiful. You keep the corset unpatterned so the outfit doesn’t get too busy. The custom beard is hilarious. It certainly looks the part a cross-dressed girl. I don’t see a 3rd ExEq. If you have the slot you might use it to bling out the hat or custom mask.

Thanks mate, and good memories of my Mouse-keteer. For the custom beard, i had to use two stickers for the beard and to hide unwanted traces of the lip stickers and keep the lip clear (and give it a bit of gloss and colors while i am at it)
I post a bonus pic for you and your minireview (you know i love them), maybe that'll help you spot the 3rd ExEq (what would a stealthy spy use to neutralize foes from a distance ?)

Griffondor: Lol nice beak. Much more interesting outfit than Inferno base.
Thanks, did you notice the horn was converted into an eagle talon with a moon ExEq

I’m LOVING loli-Taki and loli-Ivy. Nice custom earrings too. More please! If you want to take Loli-Calibur the next level, try building a custom pacifier/teether. Shit. As I type that out, I think I may just have to battle it out with you in a Loli Calibur contest!

Thanks, they work really well in-game, but could you elaborate what you mean with pacifier/teether ? which char ?
Battle it out, are you on xbox, i would love to meet you and see your stuff in a private lobby sometime (lag might be an issue though, i warn you :)

And a bonus one, like a concept study of how to do an orc based on darksiders preset, rather than going for the obvious orc race...the key lies in the demonic horns as you can sniff :)
Here stomps the CHIEFTAIN and flag bearer of Clan Grôhbyl

Orcs don't maintain their weapons very well (apply pattern to blade) and you'll get this fractured stone effect...

Carefully position demonic horns for the nose, apply leather pattern, match skin color, then add another set of horns for the tusks...

Last edited:
Orc Chief there kinda makes me wish we had a 'team battle' mode, the way Libra & Story modes do - pitting you against several opponents of a similar type. Would be fun to fight an orc "army" that gets progressively bigger & tougher.

Another great batch. Nice Hellboy 😊
...and your pics are great too....your images always have a story to tell.

Thanks for noticing, i try to find the right pics for the CAS, showing his soul or powers, and i saw you adopted the color fill backdrop for shots for Crowbot, i think it helps focusing on the design and not the background sometimes...i delete a lot of bad pics too, mind ya :)

Orc Chief there kinda makes me wish we had a 'team battle' mode, the way Libra & Story modes do - pitting you against several opponents of a similar type. Would be fun to fight an orc "army" that gets progressively bigger & tougher.

Yeah, you are right Kieve. Yeah, would be fun to be able to craft your own Libra of souls or team battle, or at least replace the bland CAS by yours...future update ? lol, don't count on it...

You make me sick T_T

Your imagination is limitless and I feel really bad my CaS look like random xD

Seriously, your work is amazing! I can't wait to see what's up next!

Thank you John, your comment means a lot from another master board member. Well, i admit i have a pretty vivid imagination, but there is the limit : the time i can invest in the game with work and family...and i wanna play Libra of Souls with my Araven a bit, which i barely started...I hope the limit will be set when i hit the 100 CAS slots.

Besides, i noticed something cool that wasn't i think in SC5 : if you choose random on char select screen, it actually includes your CAS in the mix (i tested), which iirc wasn't the case in 5. Good move if i am right :) Good for couch coop tourneys, right ?

Some new stuff to come shortly.

Damn. These modern CaS are genius! I swear I saw these exact same outfits in New York City. I also hate that you copyrighted both the amazing purse and shopping bag in one post. Save some for me you jerk :P

Really cool custom necklace on the girl. "Replay the music" lol. I can't believe you turned an orc into a clown. That is absolutely ghastly. In the best way possible. Can't wait to see the whole thing later. Your Yakuza CaS inspired me to make Yakuza of my own.

Edit: I'm actually on PS4, but I meant doing a like a CaS LOLI competition haha. A pacifier is the plastic thing babies suck on.

Last edited:
Damn. These modern CaS are genius! I swear I saw these exact same outfits in New York City. I also hate that you copyrighted both the amazing purse and shopping bag in one post. Save some for me you jerk :P

Thx mate, patents pendings :) btw did you see my post for you on l'espionne ? Third ExEq and all

Oh shit, ok let me take a look again. Also, please see edits for my comment above. Also review upcoming for other CaS. This message will self destruct in 30 minutes

Edits read and approved... stoked for your reviews as always and see what you spotted or missed ! You can steal all you want i never charge anything, community service :) I wanna see your Yakuza ! you on ps4 = :(

Musketeer-ninja: I can't believe I missed those throwing knives. They're so natural-looking that I didn't even realize they were ExEq.

Hellboys: Not really into red demon-types, but these look great. Especially with those custom sideburns.

Kratos: Very realistic facial hair! I also like the custom shoulder armor and how it merges with the underwear. It’s positioned to fit his shoulder just perfectly. Great touch with the pocket sticker extension too. It adds a bit of armor on below the Roman belt. The white borders don’t show up at all on the white skin.

Orc Chieftain: Masterpiece. Doesn’t really get better than this. After you add the demon tail nose and the tusks, it looks way better than the orc preset. Really cool how the helmet ornament recalls the Centurion helmets. Awesome work with the flag too. Oddly Japanese aesthetics compared to the LOTR aesthetics, but hey, why not. Who says orcs can’t invade Japan?

Musketeer-ninja: I can't believe I missed those throwing knives. They're so natural-looking that I didn't even realize they were ExEq.
Thanks, one of the many use of this ExEq, too bad positioning is heavily restricted.

Hellboys: Not really into red demon-types, but these look great. Especially with those custom sideburns.
Understood, that's why i make girly CAS as well, just for you (ok, also because we all love girly CAS)

Kratos: Very realistic facial hair! I also like the custom shoulder armor and how it merges with the underwear. It’s positioned to fit his shoulder just perfectly. Great touch with the pocket sticker extension too. It adds a bit of armor on below the Roman belt. The white borders don’t show up at all on the white skin.
Thanks, i think the facial hair was the most tricky part, i also made sure to pick the right skin tone, muscle definition, and with stickers i made sure he had the right tattoos (i even used a sticker to cover part of the face one that went over his ear). I wished i had more skin sticker slots to add some grime, snow, whatever, as in the game, but he looks nice squeaky clean...You probably noticed but i used a pattern to create a jewel in the center chest piece of the undergarment (without using an apple as i did on CROM)

Orc Chieftain: Masterpiece. Doesn’t really get better than this. After you add the demon tail nose and the tusks, it looks way better than the orc preset. Really cool how the helmet ornament recalls the Centurion helmets. Awesome work with the flag too. Oddly Japanese aesthetics compared to the LOTR aesthetics, but hey, why not. Who says orcs can’t invade Japan?
Thanks, yeah and i like how you point my inconsistencies in lore of the rings, lol
Love your minireviews, as ever (and Ardent's too :)
Oh and watch out later today, i am gonna have a batch specially for you l'ami, with a request from you and some other stuff...stay tuned, like Yakuzarugi :)

Last edited:
Back