A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Okay, here comes GhostRider (Cervy style, Weapon=Styx) :

I used a wide array of techniques on this one to make it look half burning, half ashes if you see what i mean...
I chose the colors and patterns carefully to do the burnt flesh on torso and arms, so that they appear neither excessively dull nor unnaturally vibrant...to do the burn scars on the face, i used flesh tones that retain a pleasantly neutral shade, as opposed to the bright colors on the outside...

c2u20te8enk9r2wjc.jpg

c2u21diudvdh0odvc.jpg

Armor break (face close-up) :

c2u21o7k0y8p02iwo.jpg

Quizz : how did i do the burn scars on the face precisely ?

face paint, no stickers, here are a few in-game bonus pics of GhostRider in the meantime, for your nice words in the other thread, you know ;o)

c2u8a9fevgvzghem0.jpg

c2u8g56p1eo8pi7nc.jpg

c2u8ff632qhwlzvp4.jpg

i love the last quote, that is all me...

hmm...back in a few days, give my thread some extra life with comments if you don't want it to fall into oblivion...be glad to read them when i am back ;o)
and my quizz remain unanswered...

this i also wanted to show you : I have in my home-cinema, it is bigger than me ;o)
(a gift from my VG store for all the copy of a drawings i gave them)

c2ukkb8j8kdblt54o.jpg

pretty ominous, hey ?

CU

Ah I didn't know that Face Paint 62 had such bump mapping. I never bothered with face paints that "covered the face". That made me discover something.

Hello, back this morning, glad to see some posts and Murasame won the Quizz...so this was new stuff, hey, feel free to include it in Gabe's thread then ;o)

For you Murasame, i went further than posting bonus pics, i made a bonus CAS using this technique...i figured, who has a face like a minefield and is a famous videogame character...well (i could not find the cleaver or lancer, and i had too many nighty/asta/sieg, so i gave him maxi style with his most menacing weapon :

I give you...
c2vsu93efdyrqknh1.jpg

c2vsveog6duip7idx.jpg

c2vst2ubnsgvl2bx1.jpg

c2vsuiqeujr0evkyd.jpg

c2vsv4536fasbvljp.jpg

c2vsvolwwadpe7utx.jpg

too bad you can't do stickers on this piece of armor...

Another quizz, how did i do the hair patch exactly (hint : no sticker, no raccon or cat tail) ?

slideshow link repost (for those who missed it or had issues), also made an edit with latest CAS. Since the music seemed to make it freeze for Chobek, i removed it, so pick one from your own collection (better with good music, even better with soulcalibur music ;o)

http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow-maker/d2502881k4358070o1/vilarcanes-soul-calibur
It was still freezing without the music... but when I went to full screen it worked...(I hadn't tried full screen before . I assumed that if I was having problems when it was small it would only get worse at a larger scale )... in fact it worked well.
It was great flipping through the whole body of work.

I didn't know 62 or any of the face paints were that textured either... good to know.

both are GREAT like always!!!! but I prefer the first one design

thanks, so do i, i think i'll scrap the second one and just add a necklace to the first ! (too bad there is no cog necklace...i thought of using the wheel special equ but no more special equ slots ;o(

@chobek : glad it eventually worked, so i could have left the music hey ;o)

what bout the quizz, no clue ?

@chobek : glad it eventually worked, so i could have left the music hey ;o)

what bout the quizz, no clue ?[/quote]

yep... I bet it would have been fine....

and on the quiz...
nope ... usually I see it pretty much right away but someone answers before I get a chance to look up the specific #...However, with the scarred facial texture I had no clue ...

and on the quiz...
nope ... usually I see it pretty much right away but someone answers before I get a chance to look up the specific #...However, with the scarred facial texture I had no clue ...[/quote]

ha!ha! if you BOTH don't know, that might be difficult for others, but...i'll wait on other guesses...you'll admit doing such a 3D patch on a face is pretty tricky, because you could do that easily with stickers, but it wouldn't look good in-game.

The technique i used for Kratos, using the "single" horn, cannot be used here, and i tried with racoon / cat to no avail...so i had to resort to something completely wacky instead ;o)

and on the quiz...
nope ... usually I see it pretty much right away but someone answers before I get a chance to look up the specific #...However, with the scarred facial texture I had no clue ...

ha!ha! if you BOTH don't know, that might be difficult for others, but...i'll wait on other guesses...you'll admit doing such a 3D patch on a face is pretty tricky, because you could do that easily with stickers, but it wouldn't look good in-game.

The technique i used for Kratos, using the "single" horn, cannot be used here, and i tried with racoon / cat to no avail...so i had to resort to something completely wacky instead ;o)[/quote]
...no I meant I was clueless on the scars.... but the patch... hmmm... I know it is an object because it is slightly off center...
maybe the end of a burried cat tail ... I would have to play around and see... I bet it is answered before I check :)

Ant Antennae do look sort of...fluffy? I know if I wanted a fake beard the ant farm would be the first place I'd go.

What?

Liking the scars and whatnot, too.

Tonight, i wanted to make a P3 for Pyrrha Omega, the orange eyes gave me the theme...robotic / cybernetic
Here is her P3 aka the Iron Maiden :

In-game with different lighting / stage :

c30esrn8mxfpjzvgv.jpg

c30ettkeql2au2vbj.jpg

c30f5sj6ojp23ld73.jpg

Quizz : i used which element and which sticker with bump mapping properties to do the details on the face (metallic eye shadows, protruding brow portion...).
Hint : i used the same sticker on the right pauldron to give it a bumpy / battered armor look...

Hope you like it !

Back