A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Judge, jury and executioner, and while i do agree and disagree with some of your comments from an artistic point of view (funny to see how you and brucege or others have different approaches to the same CAS in their reviews), i can only say you delivered and i loved every single word of your review, because it is a meaty one written in admittedly less broken english than mine(wink :)

That being said, i moved on, so i don't have much more to say, except a candid thank you to all of you guys and girls who supported me (and i did notice Le Bello's closed favourite CAS artist list in that other thread, yes i did mon ami).

So much time, so much love (and a bit of jealousy, contempt and hate), but who isn't human on this board...it was a thrill ride, one i'd never had thought possible, and one that showed me the reality of virtual companionship on a journey to the pinnacle of CAS design and display.

Didn't i say au revoir about 1000 times already, oh well, let this be the 1001st... adieu !

Some years from now, there might be no xbox left to run SC5 and what will remain of all this.
That is why i decided to do a second artbook, one that would rule them all (mainly because i put the CAS collection montage in the end :)
The book is more than 50 pages long, featuring most of my more recent CAS production, here are a few snapshots of some of the pages...

Vilarcane? Never heard of him.

Nice book, I'm still waiting on my first edition signed copy of the first one, in air-tight packaging you know?

Look how French your hands are mon ami, somehow.

Vilarcane? Never heard of him.

Nice book, I'm still waiting on my first edition signed copy of the first one, in air-tight packaging you know?

Look how French your hands are mon ami, somehow.

We kinda agreed we wouldnt trust royal mail with it lol
But i almost did it yes...that was before a french friend begged me for the only spare copy i had...

This one tho is unique...cost control...

Anyways it delights me to read from you again my fellow Cas artist and most esteemed sparring partner :)
How are things on good ole 360 and IRL ?

Wow. That book is kind of amazing. Seems like it would of taken alot of work to
Thx Fitzy... total ? probably 500 hours if you count Cas making and shooting in ...some 5 hours for both artbook since it is mostly sorting / laying pics out

We kinda agreed we wouldnt trust royal mail with it lol
But i almost did it yes...that was before a french friend begged me for the only spare copy i had...

This one tho is unique...cost control...

Anyways it delights me to read from you again my fellow Cas artist and most esteemed sparring partner :)
How are things on good ole 360 and IRL ?

We certainly did, which is why I expecting it to be hand-delivered by a select team of only the very best international couriers, in a lengthy series of events that wouldn't look out of place in a classy modern spy film. Perhaps I set the bar too high eh?

The 360 is still doing very well for itself, though if I were to upgrade any time soon it would be to a PS.
As for real life, I'm fine after nearly putting myself in hospital doing 4 people's jobs at work for 6 months, including the managers. It's a long story though so I won't clutter your thread with it.

And how are you anyway? I knew you couldn't keep away.

Thx friends ! This aint a comeback just closure...but to see old pals like you three writing a comment for me means a lot...are the girls all gone ... where are my muses Rachel and Kirax :)

Some years from now, there might be no xbox left to run SC5 and what will remain of all this.
That is why i decided to do a second artbook, one that would rule them all (mainly because i put the CAS collection montage in the end :)
The book is more than 50 pages long, featuring most of my more recent CAS production, here are a few snapshots of some of the pages...

Awesome artbook ! i like ! il me semble que tu es Français toi aussi non?

I kinda wanna pick up my old pencils again now, these are good. Thanks for sharing them. Do you do some of the shading by smeering the lead with your finger. Thats what I do.

You are welcome (also to post some of your stuff here if you want)

Exactly as you do, i smear with my (slender french) fingers :), then use a rubber to do the bright white spots as you can see on Foxy for instance.

I must have the worst gear to work with though, just a couple of pencils all in a fairly bad shape. That and i don't have any time to perfect my skills and actually learn anatomy and such to be honest.

A lot of my family and friends think i should have been a cartoonist bla bla bla, but they just don't have a clue
that those guys/girls live in their parents' cellar drawing 24/7 (a true story of a well known cartoonist and acquaintance in France).

A hobby it is, a hobbit it will remain (typo ? where ? :P)

You are welcome (also to post some of your stuff here if you want)

Exactly as you do, i smear with my (slender french) fingers :), then use a rubber to do the bright white spots as you can see on Foxy for instance.

I must have the worst gear to work with though, just a couple of pencils all in a fairly bad shape. That and i don't have any time to perfect my skills and actually learn anatomy and such to be honest.

A lot of my family and friends think i should have been a cartoonist bla bla bla, but they just don't have a clue
that those guys/girls live in their parents' cellar drawing 24/7 (a true story of a well known cartoonist and acquaintance in France).

A hobby it is, a hobbit it will remain (typo ? where ? :P)
Yeah I went to art school for two years because people used to tell me the same thing, but its like trying to be a musician or actor. Its extremely difficult to make it and would most likely starve trying. I still love drawing but I dont do it as much anymore after school and finding the reality of an artist. I have much greater respect now for those who do.

Back