Aeon Combo Discussion

For near wall knockdown with no wallsplat:
6[K] → 66B - 83 damage, 98 with clean hit.

1B BE (trade with a non-stun non-KND move) → 1B → 44K - 89 damage
1B BE (trade) → CE - 111 damage
1B BE (trade) → 1B BE → 44BAA - 131 damage. A weird quirk of the scaling system makes 44BAA do much more damage than 44K in this situation.
1B BE (trade) → 1B BE → CE - 158 damage. Like with all 1B BE → CE combos, you want to delay the CE so it's less punishable on hit.

Whats the strongest damage combo that Aeon can get off of WR B meterless? I think its WR B. BT B+K. 44B, A, A but I'm not sure about the damage and I can't test at the moment.

Whats the strongest damage combo that Aeon can get off of WR B meterless? I think its WR B. BT B+K. 44B, A, A but I'm not sure about the damage and I can't test at the moment.
Yup, 74 damage from that combo. He can technically get more with WR B → BT B+K → 8B+K → 44K, but that only works on backturned opponents.

Found a way to avoid the 44BAA whiffing issue after CH 1B. A slight step to the left prevents it from happening, so input 44BAA as 8874BAA on 1P or 2236BAA on 2P side.

Anyways, have fun with Aeon's hardest wall combo (tested on Mitsu, Xiba's stage):
9K W! → iWR B → BT B+K → 44BAA → iWR K → 6B BE → Delayed 66A tech trap

Firstly, the 9K has to hit at the perfect range (which is conveniently the near wall reset position). Then you have about a 2 frame window for the WR B to launch. Then you have to time BT B+K perfectly for the 44BAA to wallsplat in a particular way (opponent's back facing you). Then you have a 1-2 frame window for the iWR K. Then you have a 6 frame window for the 66A tech trap. All for 123 damage.
Enjoy.

(Much better combo is 9K W! → iWR K → 66K W! → 6B BE. 126 damage, much easier to do, more consistent, same wakeup. For meterless, do 9K W! → iWR K → 66K W! → 66K → 66A+B for 112 damage. 66A+B may be character specific, 66B is more reliable)

Also I was experimenting with combos on stages that have breakable walls. Wallsplat into BBB is a surprisingly great way of getting the opponent right near the edge without sacrificing damage or oki like 4B+KG does.

Anyways, iWR K → 66K is a great way of stabilizing the combo for 66K resplats due to the distance it creates from the wall, which makes the 66K wallsplat from further away, meaning it takes longer, meaning there's less recovery on the 66K meaning better followup potential.

Some combos off certain 6B BE trades (tested with Mitsu 6B2 on hit into 2A):

1B → 44K (74)
iWR B → BT B+K → 44BAA (77)
3B → 66K (81)
66B → SW K (85)
iWR K → 66K → [6]B (dead trap: 87)
iWR K → 66K → [6]A (tech trap: 103)
1B BE → 44K (103) 50% meter
3B → CE (113) 75% meter
1B BE → CE (134) 100% meter

WR AB trade of 2nd hit
Tested with JG into Aeon 6A and throws
Gives 20f crouching stun

Most common instance: Opponent JGs first hit, attempts to throw

Combos:
WR AB trade → 44A → SW K (86)
WR AB trade → 3B → 66K (90)
WR AB trade → 1B → 44BAA (79, forward RO)
WR AB trade → 1B → 44K (82, oki)
WR AB trade → 1B BE → 44BAA (111)
WR AB trade → 1B BE → 44K (112)
WR AB trade → 3B → CE (121)
WR AB trade → 1B BE → CE (141)

hey I found something odd while playing around with Aeon a little.

It seems after the 1B BE the damage for 44BAA is not scaled at all for some reason. I think it might be caused by the WR K's specific stun but I'm not sure. Figured you guys would like to see it in video form.

Found a way to avoid the 44BAA whiffing issue after CH 1B. A slight step to the left prevents it from happening, so input 44BAA as 8874BAA on 1P or 2236BAA on 2P side.

That goes in as the best advice I have ever gotten on 8wayrun.com! Works with any CH where 44BAA would normally whiff as I can see.

Thanks Slade!

Regarding the combo: 99 B~BT B+K~44 BBA
I have been able to add in 9B+K into that, but my main question is, I can't seem to connect the BT B+K after 99 B launch. Am I not timing it right?

Regarding the combo: 99 B~BT B+K~44 BBA
I have been able to add in 9B+K into that, but my main question is, I can't seem to connect the BT B+K after 99 B launch. Am I not timing it right?
Probably. The combo also tends to fail for factors that are difficult to control, the biggest of which is when the 99B hits the opponent from an angle.
From my guide:
33B
Mid, -14 on block, launch on hit
This is a very useful move, especially against characters that try to keep you pressured at the ring edge with high attacks like Nightmare and Siegfried. This move tech crouches quite well and is extremely rewarding on a proper read. It rings out behind Aeon over low and middle-height walls as well as offering various followups that ring out both backward and forward, but not over walls. On hit it starts some of Aeon's most challenging but also most rewarding meterless combos.
Followups:
→ G → 44BAA (77 damage, reverse RO and wallsplat)
→ G → 44K (76 damage, requires you to walk around the opponent to their head side after the launch)
→ G → 4B+KG (70 damage, reverse RO, very good range, but when done too close it can result in self-RO, clean hit)
→ G → 1A (86 damage with 66B followup, tech trap all)
→ BT B+K → 8B+K → 44BAA (99 damage, forward RO and wallsplat)
→ BT B+K → 8B+K → Dash up 1A (61 damage if no tech, 113 damage with 66B followup if opponent techs, tech trap all)
→ BT B+K → 8B+K → 44K (~103 damage, requires specific "bound" state from 8B+K which is very difficult to achieve intentionally and usually only occurs when it hits a sideturned or backturned opponent. However, it is good to keep in mind this option as it is possible to see the way they are "bound" and choose between 44BAA and 44K)
→ BT B+K → 8B+K → SW K (97 damage, usually only works against a backturned opponent)
→ BT B+K (delayed to get fall damage) → CE (112 damage, consumes 50% meter, difficult)
→ G → CE (105 damage, consumes 50% meter)
Note: Like with WR B, 33B has to hit on-axis with the opponent or the BT B+K will not be consistent. Because 33B has a built in sidestep, it can be difficult to achieve the full combo when you step an attack and whiff punish with 33B. With practice it is possible to tell when BT B+K will or will not work, and you can choose a different option such as 33B → G → 44BAA for less damage but greater consistency. In order to help ensure an on-axis hit after a guard crush or just as a mid-battle "hope they get hit" option, 33B can be inputted as 663B or 669B to remove the sidestep. Be aware that although cancelling a forward dash into 33B does eliminate the quickstep animation, it does not necessarily make the move faster. Mastering 33B combos is a very important part of getting the most out of Aeon, so practice!

Back