Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

GGs to Reptile tonight. Man, felt like a scrub quite a few times there, you definitely know some good setups and how to get into someone's head, and I really commend you for the just guarding of 66A and such. Hope I didn't do too badly there.

Though I should play you more (and learn to not care about the win-ratio, I was beating myself up there), it could help rid me of a few of my bad habits since you know Aeon, and just a few other things I do too. Such as I find myself still trying to SC4 step g sometimes, and that was giving you free 66A counter hits.

And lastly, I finally know what it feels like to get hit by 1B BE ring outs, though I'll still have no pity doing it on others =)

Lol Lizard ring-outs are so pro. And yeah good games. See you at the next 66A festival!

I'm currently doing some cleanups in Aeon's SA. If you have any suggestions, feel free to PMl me.

Some general hour 1 stuff from the patch:
- Knockback on blocked 4B is sick.
- Knockback on 3B indeed seems weaker.
- The timing on the BT B+K relaunch stuff seems to be unchanged, so fancier combos will remain situational/inconsistent.
- The BBB only combos if the first hit hits a non grounded opponent. Otherwise Consistent. ~120 dmg meterless wall combos like nobody's business.
- Not to sure about the knockback on hit on 66A. Sorta looks unchanged to me.

Frame data
I'm not very confident in figuring this stuff out so it could be wrong, but:
- 1B seems to be completely safe from everything. +6 on hit (+4 pre 1.02)
- 66A is -11 on block (-13 pre 1.02)

The rest of the stuff from the change log seems to be like it says.

Some general hour 1 stuff from the patch:
- Knockback on blocked 4B is sick.
- Knockback on 3B indeed seems weaker.
- The timing on the BT B+K relaunch stuff seems to be unchanged, so fancier combos will remain situational/inconsistent.
- The BBB only combos if the first hit hits a non grounded opponent. Otherwise Consistent. ~120 dmg meterless wall combos like nobody's business.
- Not to sure about the knockback on hit on 44A. Sorta looks unchanged to me.

Frame data
I'm not very confident in figuring this stuff out so it could be wrong, but:
- 1B seems to be completely safe from everything. +6 on hit (+4 pre 1.02)
- 66A is -11 on block (-13 pre 1.02)

The rest of the stuff from the change log seems to be like it says.

I just realized there's another typo in the change log.

:6::bA+B+K: (Sandland Battalion): decreased damage (50→30)

It didn't do 50 damage to begin with, it did 75, so what was it really nerfed to?

I'm confused as well. 6B BE deals 65 at the moment (61 for the move and 4 when the opponent hits the ground).

Also, is it me or does the opponent float longer after 1B BE? 1B CE is possible (119 dmg) and I was able to hit airborne opponent with 44K (no throw). Was it possible pre-patch?

It didn't do 50 damage to begin with, it did 75, so what was it really nerfed to?
65, with the ground hit, hah. No biggie then.

Also I meant 66A in my previous post, not 44A. Ooops. Will edit.

Edit:
Yeah 1B BE, CE was possible before Di. As well as the air 44K follow-up.

Since 4_44~[G] is so lame now, has any of you experimented with 4_44,A_B_K~[G]? It looks like a nice (probably faster) option to cancel backstep/backdash into block.

I'm confused as well. 6B BE deals 65 at the moment (61 for the move and 4 when the opponent hits the ground).

The guide says it does 75, and when I tested it an hour ago in training mode it did 75 as well, including the ground hit.

It dealt 75 in (1.00 & 1.01). Now (1.02) it's 65.

Oh I got ya, when you said atm, I thought you meant now. That's not even a noticeable nerf lol. Also, any info on the K being delayed longer out of flight? Like does it have an actual purpose?

I think they might have meant just the stabs, as the stabs before the launching hit do 49 damage (pre patch). That's all I can think of really.

I have a feeling the CE is faster now, anyway it comes out more easily.
Some bugs with the CE seems to have been taken out. The fire breath animation seems to work all the time now, whenever the first hit connects.
I hit my CE in front of a wall and Aeon turned around during the breath. Nothing whiffed.
33B G CE is now way easier to do.

Edit: It still bugs in front of the edge. I just rang out myself.
Edit2: apparently it still bugs when the opponent is stepping.

I'm assuming "maintain distance" means no more pushback, so is that change to 3B really that big of a deal? I've heard it described as an "apocalyptic nerf," "inconsequential," and everything in between. Does it make any real differences to his effectiveness/playability? Judging from my experience I think improved 66A and throw range (and BBB ;D) more than make up for it, but since I'm a noob I was just curious as to what people who are actually good at this game thought.

It's not a huge nerf, but it does matter if you don't like people close to your lizard (and I don't).

It's offset, however, by the new 4B! Hooray 4B!

So is the new 4B so good that I will miss a pushout high damage launcher? :O

I'm not complaining, I like 4B, I'm just curious.

Look for stuff not in the patch notes, btw, guys. Test everything.

It's not a huge nerf, but it does matter if you don't like people close to your lizard (and I don't).

It's offset, however, by the new 4B! Hooray 4B!

I tried playing a midrange lizard but I just can't lol. I have to get in and start smacking people around, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. I never really relied on 3B for anything anyway, I usually used 66A and 4B for pressure and since they both got buffed I guess it's all good.

Is it me or does Aeon's running speed seem overall faster after the patch?

1B$ launches so high now. I can land a 66A+B after, was that possible before?

Back