Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

The main advantage 44K has over 4B+K as an evasive tool is that 44K hits sidesteppers a tiny bit better. It's still -16 and FrC which makes it practically useless against characters like Siegfried and Nightmare and against AA whores you're better off guessing with WR B, but still.

Alright guys everyone playing Aeon fill me in if I'm wrong.

He basically feels like a very close range mini-Asta. Not as powerful, not as "rangey".
He has weird spacing moves, that I am not sure what to follow with seeing as it seems his BEST moves are all super close range. So the idea is to put weird mix up close range pressure in and land a combo out of it.

So far I am working with it, BUT I do NOT know what to follow with after a rising A.
It puts the opponent in back turn stance OUT of range of basically all of his moves, EXCEPT the really bad ones. The only ones that seem even remotely responsible to use are 4B+K or 9B+K. I may try 66 A+B to see if that works. I was trying 33K but it seems too slow. 6K seems like may reach and be good for guard break pressure. But again SLOW.

Other than that it seems all of his WR moves are pretty good and lead to good moves after. WR K leads to Lizard death roll. WR B leads to juggle combos.

I see a lot of people complaining, but it seems his game is low-high, close range, mix up and then punish based on what you land. Definitely try to add damage after 66B with dragon breath at the end of combos.

As far as what makes him special I would NOT call stances or throws special in SC seeing as how most characters have them just in different amounts. Aeon DOES have 2 command throws in 236 B+G and 44K. And he has a lot of ways to get the opponent face forward in that position. 9B+K, WR K, 33K, 22AB just to name the obvious ones of the top my head. That may not be all.

Stay in close and mix up as much as possible. Train the opponent and punish them with combos and guard break and Lizard death roll throws.

But what do I do after WR A?

Youre pretty much correct about the asta part of Aeon, alot of his moves center around punishing mistakes people dont notice, 66A is deceptively long ranged and against people that are trying to space you and step at far range can eat these 66A like hotcakes, if you wanna play Aeon really well youre gonna need to adapt a new playstyle that involves throwing, not being a grab whore but making sure your opponent knows that "Hey if I run up to your face or if I'm in your face on your wakeup theres a pretty good chance I might try to grab you" make people really paranoid for that throw, Aeons good moves are pretty linear so the best chance of them hitting people are if they get scared and make dumb mistakes, 1B and 1B BE are good punishers for when someone tries to duck a throw that they think you will pull out, if you get a knockdown on someone follow up with a 11K or a 2B to catch them trying to roll around you. People do stupid stuff when they get scared of Aeons throw game and thats where you should try to capitalize on damage when the opportunity rises, lastly Aeon needs good spacing to play with 66A is a great spacing tool.

^How far back WAS that post?

Since the subject was brought up (Kind of...?), I would say Aeon's throws are pretty good, I was certainly dissapointed by other char's grab games when I tried them out.

50-60-70 damage off of every one is actually pretty damaging, in addition to giving pretty good Oki, ((except his left side, Mezentius Style Scale Brusher) stupid name -__-) plus ring outs forward from Behind (Mezentius Style Sand Bomb) and... somewhere from right (Mezentius Style Sadistic Rush Lift).

... Everyone already knew this...

I STILL say one of his throws/ an attack throw should have been him flying up and slamming the other guy into the ground Charizard Siesmic Toss style.

I despise the fact that 3A is -14 on block. If four, or even two, of those frames were used for startup instead, I would be completely okay with that. I got stabbed punished once for using it yesterday though, god damnit

I despise the fact that 3A is -14 on block. If four, or even two, of those frames were used for startup instead, I would be completely okay with that. I got stabbed punished once for using it yesterday though, god damnit
To be fair, Pat and Pyrrha's 3As are stabbable also. Thankfully 3A can be replaced against punish characters with 3K if you don't mind sacrificing some damage and + frames on hit.

To be fair, Pat and Pyrrha's 3As are stabbable also. Thankfully 3A can be replaced against punish characters with 3K if you don't mind sacrificing some damage and + frames on hit.
Looking at the current frame data, I'm not really appeased. It lists Pat's as -12, and Pyrrha's 66A apparently comes out faster, making her 3A (which is indeed -14) completely redundant in my eyes. That's assuming the data is up to date though.

Well, any anti-step with LM is technically redundant too then. He dosen't just have 66A, he has, like, the best 66A.

Seriously though, just use 3K up close. It's a beautiful thing. I've been a big proponent of that move since day one. 3A is there for when you're just so sure. Also, they have to know to punish it first.

Question:
After doing WR B you can do BT B+K~8B+K~44BAA. Now the question is, the 8B+K either misses, isn't a part of the combo, or does not stun them long to do the last part. What am I doing wrong? I've seen people do this before, is this not a combo?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if any of these inputs are incorrect.

Question:
After doing WR B you can do BT B+K~8B+K~44BAA. Now the question is, the 8B+K either misses, isn't a part of the combo, or does not stun them long to do the last part. What am I doing wrong? I've seen people do this before, is this not a combo?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if any of these inputs are incorrect.
The standard combo for WR B is WR B → BT B+K → 44BAA. The times that 8B+K work are:
After 33B (33B → BT B+K → 8B+K → 44BAA)
After WR B lands on a backturned opponent

Fun Fact, you can land an 8BK off WRB or 6B BE if your back is to a wall. It will count as an in-air hit and send you into Swag Winger, from which your SWK will whiff because you knock the opponent too far away.

The more you know.

I don't use it enough to have that misfortune, or just luck out too much online. Having the second hit of BBB getting JG'd is enough, but then imo, you're using it wrong if the first hit gets blocked anyway.

ya
^How far back WAS that post?

Since the subject was brought up (Kind of...?), I would say Aeon's throws are pretty good, I was certainly dissapointed by other char's grab games when I tried them out.

50-60-70 damage off of every one is actually pretty damaging, in addition to giving pretty good Oki, ((except his left side, Mezentius Style Scale Brusher) stupid name -__-) plus ring outs forward from Behind (Mezentius Style Sand Bomb) and... somewhere from right (Mezentius Style Sadistic Rush Lift).

... Everyone already knew this...

I STILL say one of his throws/ an attack throw should have been him flying up and slamming the other guy into the ground Charizard Siesmic Toss style.
yah that was a long time ago just trying to contribute...Second thought I've had on aeon, I need a better use for 11B I mainly use it for oki so if it hits or they block I immediately use 66B it tends to catcha more than enough people off guard for me to use it every so often

11B (Lower Labrys) Is a nice quick enough low with a super tech couch and some nice advantage on hit. Past annoying the opponent with it or 11B 66K gimmicks I don't have much use for it.

11B (Lower Labrys) Is a nice quick enough low with a super tech couch and some nice advantage on hit. Past annoying the opponent with it or 11B 66K gimmicks I don't have much use for it.
I dont think it has enough advantage to be used on most characters, cause I've been punished hard by launchers for trying to use a gimmick with it, so I generally don't use it against good players. Average players I happily use it once in a match just to throw them off and for the lows of having their ankles poked.

I dont think it has enough advantage to be used on most characters, cause I've been punished hard by launchers for trying to use a gimmick with it, so I generally don't use it against good players. Average players I happily use it once in a match just to throw them off and for the lows of having their ankles poked.
+4 is pretty significant advantage actually, especially considering it leaves you in FC. This means:
  • FC A (i12) becomes uninterruptable except by TJ moves or aGIs that beat it, or by aPat's CE.
  • 66K becomes uninterruptable except by i11 or faster mids, which, in SCV, consists of pretty much iMCF and a few CEs (when you factor in invincibility frames).
  • 66A is guaranteed if the opponent attempts to step, unless they cancel their step with a GI and JG it (not very likely for anything that gives less warning than a CE).
  • WR K functions basically the same as 66K here. Is a bit more rewarding on CH and a bit safer on block, but has a much worse TC, so whores like Leixia and Pyrrha can AA you out of it.
As for being launch punished for doing 11B, it's only -14 on guard, meaning it carries the same risk of 2K when it's blocked. You do risk eating launchers if they step it though, as it is a slow and linear move.

11B may not be the greatest move ever, but it should never be written off completely as it's pretty darned useful against players who aren't accustomed to blocking it. Even opponents who are perfectly capable of blocking it on reaction with good consistency can stop doing so if you pressure them well enough that they start to lose composure. The fact that it's a highly evasive move (sidesteps and super tech crouches) is another reason to keep it in mind when playing Aeon.

Back