Aerial Rave 2.0 $1000+ Bonus

MissingPerson

[08] Mercenary
Originally posted by Kurasa on SRK in this thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=205160

GPX GAMING AND PTX-SUX PRESENT AERIAL RAVE 2.0 MIDWEST MAJOR

DATE: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2009

WEBSITE (Displaying sign-ups and game information): http://www.aerialravestl.com

One Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
Google Maps Directions

Sponsors:
GPX Gaming - #1 in Gaming Events and Products

Times:
0900 - Registration begins
1100 - Street Fighter IV
1100 - Super Smash Bros Brawl
1400 - Soul Calibur IV
1400 - Tekken 6
1600 - Super Turbo HDR
1600 - The King of Fighters XII
1700 - BlazBlue
1700 - Marvel vs Capcom 2
1800 - Tekken Tag Tournament
1800 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom
2300 - Venue closes

Cost/Payout:
$20 - Venue Fee
$10 - Street Fighter IV - 70/20/10 + $500 BONUS POT
$10 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 70/20/10 + $250 BONUS POT
$10 - Tekken 6 - 70/20/10 + $250 BONUS POT
$10 - BlazBlue - 70/20/10
$10 - Super Turbo HDR - 70/20/10 [hit up NKI for details]
$10 - Soul Calibur 4 - 70/20/10 [hit up MissingPerson for details]
$5 - Tekken Tag Tournament - 70/20/10
$5 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 70/20/10
$5 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 70/20/10
$5 - The King of Fighters XII - 70/20/10

Tournament Rules:
• Double Elimination
• SFIV, HDR, BlazBlue: rounds are best 2/3
• Tekken 6 and TTT: rounds are best 3/5
• Standard matches are best 2/3 games
• Semi-Final and Final matches are best 3/5 games
HDR Finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) are best 4/7 games
• Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best 3/5 games
• Winner keeps same team/character
• Pausing the game will be handled on a case by case basis (probably a game loss)
• Programmable pads are BANNED
• Game Freezing glitches are BANNED
• Game Resetting glitches are BANNED
• (MVC2) Dumb glitches are BANNED (you all know em')
• (HDR) Akuma is BANNED
• (TVC) Fiery Ruins Stage is BANNED
• (BB) UNLIMITED characters are BANNED
• (SC4) Custom characters are BANNED
• (SC4) Random stage select ONLY
• (SC4) Camera altering glitches are BANNED
• (SSBB) Full Rules Set from Smash Boards

Hotels:
There are 6 hotels within 1 block of the convention center.

Doubletree Collinsville
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-2800

Fairfield Inn
4 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-0607

Super 8
2 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-8008

Hampton Inn
7 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-4400

Comfort Inn
8 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-4900

Days Inn
12 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-2000

A very big thank you goes out to GPX Gaming for supplying us with 20 kick-ass monitors for the event. Bonus money will increase if more sponsors come on board. I'm currently working out the details with a few local shops, so we should have an incredible pot.

Feel free to email me (Jeff) with any questions. kurasa AT gmail DOT com

Since we Gamers like to eat, here are the food places within 2 miles of the ConCen:
Arby's
McDonalds
Burger King
Bandana's BBQ
Applebees
Steak and Shake
Ruby Tuesdays
Bob Evans
Long John Silvers
A&W
Little Ceasars
Pizza Hut
Dairy Queen
An Italian/American restaurant (can't remember its name)
Taco Bell
China King
China Buffet
Supreme China Buffet
Subway (in the Walmart)
Golden Corale
Ponderossa
Denny's
Culvers
Porter's Steakhouse
Zapata's Mexican Restaurant

Not yet. Kurasa is working out more sponsorships for this tournament, so that more games (SC4 included) can have bonus money as well. Right now the bonus pot is as follows:

500 for SF4
250 for Brawl/Tekken 6

Regardless, I hope to see you there, and supporting this tournament! We're trying to get a huge turnout, and this is a great location to do so!

If a bonus pot is added for SC4, I will most definitely update you guys.

SU ... i'm actually considering this so if you decide you're going we should coordinate ... split a room and crap ... let me know

Good ish thugish, hope to see you there!

Same with NY, get everyone you can out to this. I know there's several from NY coming for T6, so I'd like to see likewise for SC.

I will be hitting this up for sure, even tho I put down SC for BB at the moment. This will also be my first tourny experience ever. I plan on playing SC and BB maybe T6. The fact that the venue is literally 10 minutes from my house is awesome as well. Pretty excited

URGENT!!

really important question ... is there any good chicago-style deep-dish pizza in the area? I'm dying to try out the real deal over there ... anybody know?

Authentic Chi-town style pizza? None that I am aware of. You'd have to be in Chicago for places like Uno's to get that down. St. Louis AFAIK hasn't imported that, and if they did, then it wouldn't be the real deal.

There should be a website up soon from online pre-registration. I'm not sure whether it will require you to pre-pay or not, but it should be there. Online pre-reg, as far as I know, isn't mandatory, but certainly helps!

Website is now up, and listed in the OP. Pre-register will still be taken on SRK, and here if you don't have an account there, but the website will show the list. No need to pre-pay.

Is everyone cool if I send the RSVP list over to Kurasa to post?

Aerial Rave just got a new sponsor with more bonus money. I'll update when I get the info, but I think some of it could potentially hit the tournaments that didn't get any share of the bonus money from GPX, hopefully SC.

Haven't heard anything about the dispersement of the new bonus money. I'm expecting it to go to some of the other games that didn't get a pot yet.

If it is the same amount as the previous sponsorship, I'd expect $500 to go to BlazBlue, and $250 each to Soul Calibur 4 and HD Remix.

Considering the entry fee and the expected turnout of each, I doubt MVC, TVC, or KOF12 see any bonus money unless they get some major scratch put up by a sponsor.

I'll keep you guys updated on what I hear from Kurasa. If he hasn't updated the thread on SRK tomorrow night before I head to work, I'll shoot him a PM seeing what's up with the bonus money, if he even has details to throw my way at that point.

No new news about the bonus money. I'm asking again, we'll see what I can find out.

How many that aren't already RSVP'd as a maybe would consider coming for a bonus pot? If you guys speak up, and show that there's interest in showing, I'm sure that will help plead the case for a SC4 bonus pot.

Back