Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Actually they can, I tested it quite a bit yesterday. A tech right will escape the 3B and though you can't be actually punished if they grab you it's a side throw. Sure you can break it but putting yourself in that situation isn't good to start with.
The best part about this find is at at and edge doing whatever->CE1->FC8bA+B+K, 3BB scales less than 4BA, FC8bA+B+K, 3BB. It sorta lets you burn a chunk of meter to go for kills off moves you'd have to CE2 from before. Since 3BB builds 16 points of meter and the combo leaves you 60 to spare you're left with a respectable amount if you were in a close round and had to finish it off a random 22A hitting them towards the wall or 3AA as they try to.walk away from it. This also lets you combo off a raw 66B for big damage at a wall where Q-Flip A+BbA+B+K is inconsistent.

Actually they can, I tested it quite a bit yesterday. A tech right will escape the 3B and though you can't be actually punished if they grab you it's a side throw. Sure you can break it but putting yourself in that situation isn't good to start with.
The best part about this find is at at and edge doing whatever->CE1->FC8bA+B+K, 3BB scales less than 4BA, FC8bA+B+K, 3BB. It sorta lets you burn a chunk of meter to go for kills off moves you'd have to CE2 from before. Since 3BB builds 16 points of meter and the combo leaves you 60 to spare you're left with a respectable amount if you were in a close round and had to finish it off a random 22A hitting them towards the wall or 3AA as they try to.walk away from it. This also lets you combo off a raw 66B for big damage at a wall where Q-Flip A+BbA+B+K is inconsistent.

Very well, you can then replace the 3B with 2B. I tested against Mitsurugi btw, so I figured Tiny hitboxes could escape, but I had other stuff to sort out so I forgot to test them. Also,
using 11_44_77AA>CE1>iFC 8B (BE) does not stun like normal, but your recovery is still fast enough, I'll test out later what frames iFC 8B(no stun) leaves you at.

It leaves you at disadvantage, I already fidgeted around with it. FC8B without the stun followed by a BB got CH before the animation even began by 2nd player Algol's BB. The BE version is a little better but still - on hit without the stun. It _might_ work as a cute "break it out at the very end of a long set and throw" gimmick.

It leaves you at disadvantage, I already fidgeted around with it. FC8B without the stun followed by a BB got CH before the animation even began by 2nd player Algol's BB. The BE version is a little better but still - on hit without the stun. It _might_ work as a cute "break it out at the very end of a long set and throw" gimmick.

People might get confused and continue blocking though. So you could take advantage of the confusion. You could always do 2A to just make sure you get frame advantage though, unless your opponent does it first.

People might get confused and continue blocking though. So you could take advantage of the confusion. You could always do 2A to just make sure you get frame advantage though, unless your opponent does it first.
Yeah but that's pretty gimmicky all in all. I mean you're giving up damage to leave your opponent standing with you at disadvantage. If you're looking at recovery while wanting damage there's always
Whatever, CE1, 4BA, 88B(1P)_22B(2P)
Gives more damage even with FC8B cleanhit.

With some further tests, I noticed you can do 6BBB after CE1.This is best if the your opponents has a straight wall/edge behind him so that the bubble can hit fast enough to combo. If it does, you can perform a decent wall combo/RO your opponent. Its got to be quite a straight angle though for the bubble to combo.

Got some tech traps From the Algol Skill project Video. Thanks to Vini for letting me post this:

- 66B, 44B- front, back;

- FC 8B, 3A.A – front, back (needs wall or edge), left, right;

- 88*22B~, 1A– front, back, left, right;

- 22*88 A, 3B – front, back, right;

- 1A, 3B – front, back;

- 33*99A, (turn) 3A.A – front, back, left, right;

- 1A, 3A.A – front, back (needs wall or edge), left, right;

- 4B.A~, 1A, 2K – front, back, left, right;

- 6K.K, 2B – front, back, right (requires some positioning);

- 2B+K.B, FC 8B – front, back, left, right;

- Q I B, 44B – front, back, right (requires some postitioning);

- 44A.A+B, 3B.B – front, back, left;

- 7B+K.K, 623B – front, back (requires wall or edge), left;

What is the best follow up to level 1 CE? Is it 4BA or can you get something better?

Sorry if it was already discussed and answered.

Algol´s CE has follow up with 6K.K too, that is a good option near walls (watch it at 1:15 of my video) or edges (this case 6K.K will RO your opponent).

It only works against big hit box characters. Most of the time you must use 4B.A, it is the best option with no walls or edges behind your opponent.

I watched your video and I must say that it was impressive, I also have a response to your challenge in your video's description, I posted the combo a while back but here is a video showing the combo:

The combo is at 0:03; the damage done to the opponent was 228 (you can see it by the large numbers in the background while I'm hitting him)

I also posted it as a video response to your video. :)

Edit: the combo notation is:
44B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC 8B BE, 3B BE, QI A+B B

I watched your video and I must say that it was impressive, I also have a response to your challenge in your video's description, I posted the combo a while back but here is a video showing the combo:

The combo is at 0:03; the damage done to the opponent was 228 (you can see it by the large numbers in the background while I'm hitting him)

I also posted it as a video response to your video. :)

Edit: the combo notation is:
44B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC 8B BE, 3B BE, QI A+B B

The Community from Chile showed me something similar weeks ago after they saw my video. The reason why this combo causes so much damage is because 2A+B works as an ukemi trap, so the damage scaling is reset. But the amazing point is this thing is completely safe when the opponent falls with his front faced to the ground (I don´t know if this translation is correct, but I think you can understand what I wanted to mean). Well, congratulations for your finding (your video response was already approved). Keep coming!

I understand what you're saying, the combo is entirely dependent on how late or early you do the first FC 8B BE.

I tested this combo against my self, trying to escape the combo, but I could not escape it by any means at all. After going through with this combo for a while; my guess is that the game engine scales the damage in a weird way, depending how fast you do 2A+B.

The combo will always work when they land with their head towards you, if their feet are towards you (but the body is facing the ground), the combo still works and does 241 damage; likewise, if they are facing up but feet towards you, the combo will fail IF THEY UKEMI.

EDIT: I just realized why the developers nerfed Algol's 66A+B hitting a mid-air opponent; With the 66A+B, after the 44B, the combo will deal at least 240+ damage on the opponent WITHOUT ANY CLEAN HITS.

humm, apparently now people can just guard out of ukemi. I hope that doesn't mean our combos are escapable. Places I'm worried about are 2A+B after iFC8B and 44B after iFC8B.

I think ukemi JG is only possible when the tech trapping move relaunches/regrounds. iFC 8B>44B is inescapable either way, but iFC 8B>(delay)1A can be ukemi JG'd.

I'm sure 1A → CE can be ukemi JGed (tested, confirmed), as well as possibly 22A → CE (tested, confirmed). I'll try it out in training later to confirm it.

I think 44AA → CE is JGable too but I got bored trying it.

Some random tech I've been hoarding. Some of it might've already been posted.
66B → 66A+B
Tech trap all but right for 70 damage.

66B → 44B
Tech trap front/back and combo if no tech.

44K → CE
Combo + tech trap all.

4BA → Delayed 44B
Tech trap all + combo.

66B → 22A is a force block if opponent techs. Unsafe if it whiffs, obviously.

3B is a force block after A+G.
2B is a force block after B+G.

New BnBs:
66B → 3B BE → QI A+BB BE → 66B BE → iFC 8B BE → 44B (161 damage, 1 more than CEx2 followup)
TD K → 3B BE → QI A+BB BE → 66B BE → iFC 8B BE → 44B (181 damage, 1 more than CEx2 followup)

Gotta get dat 1 damage.

Back