Algol Movelist Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I messed up guys :( I just checked both of the stream videos out and I totally missed the 2nd Algol match on the PS stream. So I guess his Qflip A+BbA+B+K teleports him FT when the bubbles hit a standing opponent but if they hit a grounded opponent then it teleports him BT and looks like the best option is his BT A+B :/ I hope it teleports him FT if the bubbles get blocked so the mix-up scenario still works.

Also, I'm fairly certain that the chair summoning(or first stage of his CE) doesn't guarantee anything(like Adam-Loses said, it was probably the death-stun). I wouldn't get too crazy about his full CE just yet because it is 2 whole bars of meter and that's a whole lot of utility. That said, "2 Bar" Algol is hella scary xD

Yeah I now believe that was just the death stun, so I think his CE is pretty much useless without full 200% meter. Unless it has some combo applications mid combo S: which I doubt, or as a humiliating 15 dmg round ender lol.

So is there something you want changed about Qflip A+BbA+B+K in the post?

Yeah I now believe that was just the death stun, so I think his CE is pretty much useless without full 200% meter. Unless it has some combo applications mid combo S: which I doubt, or as a humiliating 15 dmg round ender lol.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt his L1 CE has any application outside of a flashy, trololol finish xD

I think it'd probably be a good idea to edit the info I put for the Qflip A+B.B BE as I had my head pretty darn high in the hype clouds while being totally ignorant to the fact it teleports Algol BT if the bubbles get on a grounded opponent.
So I guess his Qflip A+BbA+B+K teleports him FT when the bubbles hit a standing opponent but if they hit a grounded opponent then it teleports him BT and looks like the best option is his BT A+B :/
I assume this is accurate because I am 100% sure that it teleports Algol in front of the enemy FT if the bubbles hit a standing opponent and the stream confirmed that when the bubbles hit and juggle a grounded opponent, he gets teleported in front of the opponent BT. So the BE combo conjecture was completely off and after looking @ the PS stream again, I'm not even sure BT A+B would work. Very confusing, I apologize guys :S

I sense there be a few bad match ups in our future.

I dunno. On one hand, SCIV Algol had horribad matchups versus some characters (mostly anyone that countered bubbles and could exploit his inability to step... ie kilik) but now he can step. but bubbles still aren't as good as long as 4A+B held and 1A are gone, so his zoneing is somewhat crippled. Not "gone" and it actually has much higher rewards then before, but it also has more risk.

I'm hoping for mostly 5/5's myself, with the exception of alpha pat. He scares me shitless and I would like 1A back just for that matchup.

I'd much rather take mobile, well rounded Algol over turtely backdash+bubble, 1a all day Algol lol.

Dammit most of you guys get this game 2moro or already have it whilst we in the EU have to wait some 4 more days D:

I dunno. On one hand, SCIV Algol had horribad matchups versus some characters (mostly anyone that countered bubbles and could exploit his inability to step... ie kilik) but now he can step. but bubbles still aren't as good as long as 4A+B held and 1A are gone, so his zoneing is somewhat crippled. Not "gone" and it actually has much higher rewards then before, but it also has more risk.

I'm hoping for mostly 5/5's myself, with the exception of alpha pat. He scares me shitless and I would like 1A back just for that matchup.
Excellent point. The project soul guys did an excellent job in balancing him. He is going to be hard hitting with some fancy foot work. Plays to my defensive mindset.

I'm actually liking Algol a lot in this one. I know it's been covered but with the addition of a reasonable sidestep he can get around quite a bit and he is pretty damn safe from mid range... and his 66A+B animation is full of win and awesome.

I didn't play him much in 4, but I may play him in this game. He definately takes getting used to.

Prolly already discovered, but algol has an unlisted move in 66B+K. It's a slow upward hitbox using his ribcage claw. If you catch an airborne opponent it is an attack throw that does the end of the 66A+G command grab. I've only been able to get it to connect off 44B thus far. Pretty decent damage, but I'm pretty sure you can do more meterless off 44B. Hopefully someone can find a use for it :]

Prolly already discovered, but algol has an unlisted move in 66B+K. It's a slow upward hitbox using his ribcage claw. If you catch an airborne opponent it is an attack throw that does the end of the 66A+G command grab. I've only been able to get it to connect off 44B thus far. Pretty decent damage, but I'm pretty sure you can do more meterless off 44B. Hopefully someone can find a use for it :]

It should be in his movelist in the 8WR section. I think it's his best meterless combo from 44B cause it does 84 damage and gives him good meter gain. Also puts him in BT for potential BT teleport mixups

can combo into 4BA in otherwords... it's potentially a full screen range ringout... if their back is against the ring...

-LAU

can combo into 4BA in otherwords... it's potentially a full screen range ringout... if their back is against the ring...

-LAU

Yeah I'm glad I was wrong about this, though even knowing this I never use his level 1 CE xD

Yeah I'm glad I was wrong about this, though even knowing this I never use his level 1 CE xD

lol i will admit it'll be rarely used... but i had a few rounds where CE1 + follow up scored me the win... and nothing else would've worked.

-LAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back