Algol Video Thread

It doesn't function the same way as viola's. Algol's is mostly for combo use, hers is mostly for pressure.

I haven't seen enough high level Viola play, but from what I've seen it's not really damaging. It's mostly the Viola using CE and then getting a few hits and then it's over. When you say pressure are you saying that she's pressuring her opponent or she's stopping the pressure applied to her? I agree with the latter. I think the CE is mostly to get people from rushing her at close range so that Viola can do her thing. That's an interesting design choice if true. I don't play her so I don't know.

Personally I feel his CE is a waste of meter in most situations. Its most useful property that I see in it is the ability to bait a whiff when an opponent's back is to the edge, punish it with CE1 → 4BA for a ring out.

You're right about Algol's CE. LOL didn't know that.

With Algol's new combo possibilities, I'm starting to use his CE less and less. It still has its uses, don't get me wrong, you can get a full-screen whiff punish (on Ezio or Cervantes for example) for 50%+ life.

It can also be used to style against an opponent who basically dead with whatever you do.

And it can be used as a last resort tool to kill your opponent (when they got about 50% health left) with a surprise 1A, or 66B, or 22A

@ above post: Nice Algol.

I haven't seen enough high level Viola play, but from what I've seen it's not really damaging. It's mostly the Viola using CE and then getting a few hits and then it's over. When you say pressure are you saying that she's pressuring her opponent or she's stopping the pressure applied to her? I agree with the latter. I think the CE is mostly to get people from rushing her at close range so that Viola can do her thing. That's an interesting design choice if true. I don't play her so I don't know.

if Viola's CE hits she can get over 100 damage from it without using any BEs or anything. most of the time it is going to be blocked, but you can do a high damage mixup and combo from the mid/low that hit and get 80+. if hte first mixup is blocked she can do another but she wont get a big combo off it. that's how it seems to me anyway

Hey guys first time here, ive been looking for a algol thread for a while and was directed here anyway I wanted to show a weird glitch that heppened to me today in a ranked battle. basically when dampiere does is CE during 6BBB after the ball is out it freezes the game but time still continues ( happened twice today it was weird ) here is the video taken with my phone of it happening to me. Glitch is at 2:24

tournament match from yesterday. I think it's the only one that was recorded though

minute 1:40 combo.....why you dont use FC 8B(BE) at the end of the combo instead??

well you do it at the end of the video.....good match ;)

minute 1:40 combo.....why you dont use FC 8B(BE) at the end of the combo instead??

well you do it at the end of the video.....good match ;)

that was an error. another thing I did bad was I did 3AA too late after blocking his GS B6 about 37 seconds in. he goofed up pretty bad in the 3rd round dropping that CH WR B combo, coulda RO me.

wish I had gotten vids of the matches I lost so I could see what I did wrong. oh well

I've separated the videos from the Media thread from the pre-release content and images and moved them to a sticky as per the SA organization guidelines.

another match from the same tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FC3aqm27gWM#t=0s

I actually lost grand finals to an Omega Pyrrha (no vids though, different player) but this was earlier on in the loser bracket. Looking at it I can kinda see why I lost GF, I'm being too aggressive and impatient.

The atrocious meter usage in this match makes me wonder what I was thinking. I really don't know what possessed me to combo to level 1 CE so many times (glitch happened one of the times too). Also it seems I was completely incapable of breaking her A command grab for no good reason. I threw out an unhealthy number of 4BA and 3BB as well but generally didn't get punished so I guess that's why I kept doing it.

also at 2:34...did she seriously DNS B through my 66B? something certainly looks off there

also at 2:34...did she seriously DNS B through my 66B? something certainly looks off there
Some moves like Maxi 6A+B and Algol 66B have relatively high, wide hitboxes that are capable of being STCed under.
It's completely stupid, but Ω's an Alexandra. It wouldn't make sense if it was any other way. Regular Pyrrha's 236K can probably do the same, as it TCs even lower than DNS.

a quick online match. I'm the black haired one(1P). Was trying to just guard the 3BBs. I normally mix more 22A, 2A, AA, 1K, 11K after 22B's but since it was algol and his movement is lacking I just spammed 66B more.

I actually just tried it and got hit everytime. We're talking right as in counter clockwise right?

I actually just tried it and got hit everytime. We're talking right as in counter clockwise right?

I forget. are you doing quickstep though? You should be able to quickstep it to one side

see if you can do it with another character then go back to Algol and see how that goes

Oh no, I guess I gotta play Algol hella lame now with the bubbles, especially since every "safe" looking attack is not really safe (JG, Quick-Step, Random whiff)

Back