All Purpose Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A knight with a regular longsword. A character like Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, which seems to be strangely missing from the cast. Like Siegfried, but with a sword not so ZOMGBIG.
Siegfried + Aragorn's size sword = win. And I mean seriously, make Siegfried's sword proper size.

Oh, also Aragorn is probably my favourite Lord of the Rings character too lol.

I feel changing the size of Siegfried's sword would be like losing part of his character. It'd be better to just introduce another character. He's had the huge sword for so long he can wield it almost effortlessly, why scale it down now? It would be purely aesthetic. And if you tried playing with small-sword-Sieg after playing as him for six games many people would just think, "This feels wrong..."

Introducing new characters is almost NEVER a bad thing. The worst thing that could go wrong with a new character is they get axed in the next installment. Another horribly wrong thing that could happen to a new character is that they are so ridiculous it ruins the game for you. "Darth Vader and Yoda are back! But they did the fusion dance and became Darth Yoder! Now he's dual-wielding Soul Edge and Soul Calibur and they morphed into lightsabers to fit the user's style! Raphael bites him and he becomes a vampire Sith lord and then GOES SUPER SAIYAN VAMPIRE SITH." People would probably break the disc in half, but all that can be avoided with simple modesty. But how often have they really regretted adding a new character?

Simple solution in four words: Soul Calibur Tag Tournament

I don't think you know how much that would annoy people who use arcade sticks. Lol
Except in Tekken, you could bind pretty much any control you want. In SCIV, the right stick did nothing and you had no choice to use it. The right stick should be in the controls option menu at least.

Except in Tekken, you could bind pretty much any control you want. In SCIV, the right stick did nothing and you had no choice to use it. The right stick should be in the controls option menu at least.
He was referring to this:
88389_SCV.jpg

I know what an arcade stick is. But if the right thumbstick was in the options menu, you could set controls to it. If you don't have a right thumbstick, such as the case with arcade sticks, you can also use R and L.

Why the fuck are people suddenly talking about an SC Tag game? It's an awful idea that will add nothing to SC. It's just flat-out not designed for tag functionality.

The reason tagging works for Tekken is because it goes hand in hand with the game's focus on keeping the opponent under constant pressure, and serves as an extension to the game's long strings of juggle combos. SC is less focused on that and more on defensive stuff like reading the flow of battle, knowing which attacks are faster than the opponent's, and mixing them up with simple, but effective maneuvers. While combos do exist in some way, they are usually very short and don't involve juggling the opponent constantly.

Well, unless you're Algol and you have 2 full meters, but everyone knows that there are no Algol players in the entire universe.

Why the fuck are people suddenly talking about an SC Tag game? It's an awful idea that will add nothing to SC. It's just flat-out not designed for tag functionality.

The reason tagging works for Tekken is because it goes hand in hand with the game's focus on keeping the opponent under constant pressure, and serves as an extension to the game's long strings of juggle combos. SC is less focused on that and more on defensive stuff like reading the flow of battle, knowing which attacks are faster than the opponent's, and mixing them up with simple, but effective maneuvers. While combos do exist in some way, they are usually very short and don't involve juggling the opponent constantly.

Well, unless you're Algol and you have 2 full meters, but everyone knows that there are no Algol players in the entire universe.
Tag Team Battle was a very popular feature in SCII though. It was fun to play against my friends and sister with a team of 8 characters or so :<

It was also used (sort of but not really) in SCIV during that Tower Mode where you defeated swarms of endless enemies. So the feature has already been used in Soul Calibur before. Having a SC Tag game wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea in my opinion. With people's creativity, I can see it working really well during gameplay.

(>U_U ) Hmmm... Of course, whether this should just be a mode like SCII, or an entirely new SC Tag game, I don't really know. Personally, I would just like to see it return as a mode. I don't care much for non-cannon games (SC Legends... eww) and a Tag game isn't on the top of my priority list. I would prefer a complete SCV or SCVI.

Tag Team Battle was a very popular feature in SCII though. It was fun to play against my friends and sister with a team of 8 characters or so :<

It was also used (sort of but not really) in SCIV during that Tower Mode where you defeated swarms of endless enemies. So the feature has already been used in Soul Calibur before. Having a SC Tag game wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea in my opinion. With people's creativity, I can see it working really well during gameplay.

(>U_U ) Hmmm... Of course, whether this should just be a mode like SCII, or an entirely new SC Tag game, I don't really know. Personally, I would just like to see it return as a mode. I don't care much for non-cannon games (SC Legends... eww) and a Tag game isn't on the top of my priority list. I would prefer a complete SCV or SCVI.
In tag games, you switch out the character you're playing in the middle of combat. What you're talking about is team battle, which obviously doesn't need a game centred around it and was great as a bonus mode.

In tag games, you switch out the character you're playing in the middle of combat. What you're talking about is team battle, which obviously doesn't need a game centred around it and was great as a bonus mode.
I was actually talking about both lol.
Since I did mention it in my previous post. In SCIV, you can switch out the characters during combat in the tower of souls. But it was a single player feature =(
But anyway, I would love to see either of those two modes or both in a new game lol

After thinking, I realize that I also want

Less whiny Pyrrha(If she stays)
Less asshole Patroklos(If he stays)
Dante or the likes as a guest(maybe war, idk)
Custom Algol(and guest, but that might not be allowed by the creators)
One mimic
Elysium(If she stays) plays like she plays Oprah all the time
Xiba can do 22 A A A(the kilik exclusive)
Tag team battles
No CAS exclusives(for tournament purposes)
No Low damage halfing in yellow life(I don't know whether or not that would do well)
Legendary souls has none of that input reading bullshit(actually emulates good players)
Arcade endings(maybe)
Dampierre is not a joke
Penalties on leaving match if you are going to without any doubt lose or have lost
Necrid?
More meter?(Could backfire)

But those are just my wants, basically the things I disagree with in the current SC5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back