An Experiment: Stuff you want to see in SC6 that IS NOT from Past Games/Guest Chars/Unrealistic

Pretty cool thread

1. I would like ring outs to be altered more in the case you can ring yourself out by step backwards at ring edge, similar to battle area toshinden. slightly unrealistic but a way to prevent ring outs involving a rock - paper - scissor, for example Nariko's for HS airborne recovery correct input would provide the chance to stay in the ring, where the opponent would have to counter it with the correct input to certify the ring out.

2. more stage interaction not so much DOA way, more T6 way with walls included

3. A fight yourself option in practice mode (yah far fetched I know) a chance to play your own ghost would be extremely beneficial

4. Character mechanics redesign, chars to demonstrate heavy qualities must have the handicaps of being heavy, and light char should hit like weak bitches but be quick. Examples Asta needs to slow down but some moves can be empowered to the point where you think fuck im not getting hit or guarding that, whereas Natsu and Viola for example should be weakened but should be laying quick hits

5. A clash system which works,

6. No stupid moves qualities like Ivys 3b, mitsu 4b, violas 6B+k

I know not to mention things from past games, but from sc3 I think it was , where in story mode, you started off learning how to play eg GI, difference between steps and 8wr etc.

Hidden moves would be good, and more emphasis on input difficulty, I like ivy and viola but ffs it's bullshit when I can use a move which does 80 dmg, or a step killer which can 100% you with above avg input for ivy, and a brain-dead input for viola.

Pretty cool thread

1. I would like ring outs to be altered more in the case you can ring yourself out by step backwards at ring edge, similar to battle area toshinden.
Oh no not that.

Battle Arena Toshinden stages were pretty big, so I can see how it could work for that game, but Soul Calibur, especially on Aeon's stage? Ugh!

I just had the most amazing idea for a single player mode that will boost up mainstream review scores and requires minimum effort from the developers. I'll write it up and post it soon.

Oh no not that.

Battle Arena Toshinden stages were pretty big, so I can see how it could work for that game, but Soul Calibur, especially on Aeon's stage? Ugh!
yeah but players need to learn and be more engaged with their surroundings and the opponent

Um no..., the majority of players have no idea about stepping to coerce themselve into an advantageous position, this would force players to take this aspect of gaming on board

What do you think about a guard that blocks all heights, but you take a small amount of damage, and everything has better frames on block against it. So pretty much you avoid getting mid/low mixed up, but you can't block punish, and you take slight damage. Thoughts?

What do you think about a guard that blocks all heights, but you take a small amount of damage, and everything has better frames on block against it. So pretty much you avoid getting mid/low mixed up, but you can't block punish, and you take slight damage. Thoughts?

That idea kind of reminds me of a 2D fighter. I think the guard system is fine the way it is. C:

I dont like the guard idea, the game is braindead as it is
- and yeah uhm staying in center isnt necessarily want im talking about. I talking about getting players to try and force players against the wall, E.G FPE playing people on the voldo stage with the falling sides, players almost always seem to step and zone better than when on other maps.

How come no one has mentioned proper, push to set, button config (ala Arc games/SkullGirls/3rd Strike Online).

Since Viola opened the door to it, how about more ranged/projectile characters. I'd like to see SC6 take up Seth Killian's challenge of a 3d game with proper ranged combat and space control from his old Domination 101 article.
That idea kind of reminds me of a 2D fighter. I think the guard system is fine the way it is. C:
Uhh... that kind of block doesn't exist in 2D fighters. Smash maybe, but not 2D.

I think viola has the potential to work out well, I just don't think they executed her very well in this game.

I would like to see the focus of her moveset change into a slower, harder hitting character, with far less juggling capacity, and possibly give her an additional 2-3 stances, kinda like how siegfried is now.

Rules on match point battles, both players's Critical gauges will average out with each other so that both players have exactly equal critical gauge stock.

What if SC6 has an CvS2 A-groove option -- for Critical Edge gauge? Note: NO GUARD CRUSH BUILD-UP WHILE DURING STATE (CvS2 A-groove activation state). Activate by pressing :6: :A+B+K:

Have the Main Menu screen be called "Cosmic Home"
- with the title of the music while you're are in "Cosmic Home" be titled, "Chaotic Circumsphere"
- and have the screen be in hues of red yellow and orange, (as if it's the center of the sun or something) while Astral Chaos on SCV is of bluish hue.

Training mode upgrades:
-Replay replacement -- Play back replay but you can edit yourself by inputting *what if I done something else INSTEAD of what I DID; kinda like if I were to go back in time (of the replay) what could I have done differently?*
- Option to turn off Clean Hit during training mode
- Have 2P training dummy's Critical Gauge fully controllable *retarded that you can't do that in SCV*

-Programming Presentation:
Have special camera viewpoint shots of stage location during the final 'You Win_You Lose" for ring out victories_losses.

-AND HAVE BUTTON CHECKING IN THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN.

That is all for now.

Sorry if these already have been said, tl;dr on 90% of the thread.

1) I want to see either a large effort to branch out into more unique weapon/style concepts(Viola, Z.W.E.I, Algol), or a return to "classics" like Sword/Shield, or simply the sword(Mitsu, Pat, Sieg/NM, Leixia). They had cool ideas with Z.W.E.I. and Viola, I just think they executed them not as well as they could have, and due to this those characters feel out of place for me. The weapon/style concepts are cool and I like them and wouldn't mind seeing more of it, but 'd like it to be done correctly.

2) The stages that change half way through the match are very cool. I'd like to see more of them. I think they were done well, could have had more of them, or more interesting map changes, but still i think they did well on this, and an expansion of it would be cool.

3) I think a different guard system would be a welcome change. Blocking is obvious a critical part of a fighting game, the SC series being no exception. I don't mind the GIs, JGs, or the current guard system in general, I just had some idea to change it I thought were cool. The first of the being a change/modification to Just Guards. I think in some specific scenarios, you should be rewarded for Just Guards(Not saying you aren't already by frame advantage). These scenarios would obviously cause some debate, but that's a different issue. I think one of these "special" JG scenarios should reward some form of medium damage (50-65ish maybe) hit or combo, kind of like aGIs currently. Either that or they could enable some hidden move only accessible by these special JGs which do good damage, be good setups for the opponent's wake-up, or something to that effect. I also think the way guard crushes work could use some improvement. Get crushed near a wall or edge, expecially by NM/Astaroth or someone like that, and chances are you'e lost the round. I haven't formulated an interesting replacement for it yet, but when I do i'll edit it in here.

This is my list. I'm sure this is going to be subject to a lot of scrutiny, but it's what I would try to put into a game if I were the one making it.

this hasn't been mentioned yet (i know because i actually read through the whole thread), but i think it would really help newer players.

there should be an option in training mode that enables the player to play the game at a reduced speed. sort of like a "bullet-time" mode. this would really really really help people who have problems training themselves to react to moves on reaction (read: me).

also, IdleMind, what were you planning on doing with this thread? i'm really curious! is there some way to get this information at least seen by the devs?

there should be an option in training mode that enables the player to play the game at a reduced speed. sort of like a "bullet-time" mode. this would really really really help people who have problems training themselves to react to moves on reaction (read: me).
Hey, this would be an awesome way to practice JF moves.

I approve.

Back