Any good follow ups after 22_88B?

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
I found myself rarely using 22B anymore after it was butchered by the patches. If I do happen to use it, I always follow it with 3A, because it felt like the best option I had. I don't follow it with A+B,A anymore, since the combo doesn't seem guaranteed. Are there any other decent combos I could use with it?

Close range: A+BA
Mid range: 3A/2A.
Not close range: 11BB (The fact that this move is in a combo seems enough to warrant inclusion)

There are a few more, but most of them are equally unreliable and damage differs very little (save A+BA). 3A and 2A seem to be the most reliable though.

A+BA is good but it only really works when you hit really close range.

I prefer to use 66A+B since it pretty much hits from all angles and ranges for the most damage outside of CE or A+BA.

I would use 11BB more if it didnt whiff when you are close.

Plus it pushes them away nicely to give you some space.

i think nothing is 100% guaranteed.
On most crumplestun 66A+B is guaranteed unless opponent falls on the right and/or has a small hitbox (becomes tech trap or even whiff).

At close distance often A+B,A will connect but its quite random...it can whiff even near walls or can connect 1 to 3 hits randomly :|

To tell the truth there may be a logic but i never put so much effort in the move i just try 66A+B and sometimes A+B,A or 11K.

unfortunately is not correct.
EVERY option can whiff depending on opponent/position.

Even CE (expecially against viola near walls).

I may be wrong but someone here discussed 22B followup with some details but i forget where ._.
I usually go for 66A+B against big character...

But everything from 66B+K (not listed) or A+B,A could connect depending on situation so i decide visually.

Thats why there are notes to the combo list which detail which scenarios hit and in what situation

i can seee only notes on distance and those are not accurate...
Depends on hitbox and how the opponent falls to the ground...

Its almost random

[1] = 66A+B can more easily connect if the opponent crumples aligned facing raph or facing to raph's left when raph performs the 66A+B portion
[2] = 1B can more easily connect if the opponent crumples aligned facing to raph's right when raph performs the 1B portion
[3] = 11KK can more easily connect if the opponent crumples at mid to far range. The 11KK will easily whiff if performed up close.

is what I see. Explains the crumple alignment pretty straightforward if you ask me. I don't believe that character specific information is as critical as A+BA followups for those 3 key moves.

[3] = 11KK can more easily connect if the opponent crumples at mid to far range. The 11KK will easily whiff if performed up close.

Every time I see 11KK or 1BB I am haunted for a moment that I've missed the secret move where Raph throws his hat at the opponent for 93 damage. Then does Cranial Scraper, for 3 more damage, just cause it's &%$% Cranial Scraper.

You -did- mean 11BB , right?

Every time I see 11KK or 1BB I am haunted for a moment that I've missed the secret move where Raph throws his hat at the opponent for 93 damage. Then does Cranial Scraper, for 3 more damage, just cause it's &%$% Cranial Scraper.

You -did- mean 11BB , right?

son of.. i'll get someone to change that

22B~2A for forced stand is working wonders for me right now because Raph has strong advantage (at least mental advantage) to either throw or 44K or some other M, I love the way 44K side swaps and just looks fantastic when it hits and it will evade retalitory 2A or 2K nonsense that might beat out other M's. 3K also does the same for more damage but I guess you're sacrificing frames although it also has more range. Forcing them to stand is working quite well for me. A good 22B~2A~50/50 can lead to a near 50% or so combo upon correct guesses.

22B~2A~33K:A+B+K~CE......... yummy! So far this is a win for free card on lesser players and you can mindfuck seasoned players too.

Stop using it for combos and use it for setup!!!

I like using 2A after 22B because it forces them to stand for a quick grab attempt, and after they get caught ducking or breaking that a few times, 3B preps.

Glad you guys like it.

What is the mid move of choice that actually mixes up an aware opponent?

You can RCC during 2A (where you tap 4 or 6 during the recovery) then input 3(B) and hopefully it'll appear seemless that you 3(B) despite crouching. The problem is that it actually eats up a few frames so you may get CH'd.

FC3B is not bad on NH, and 236B is very hard to interrupt. 66(B) is react-able. Nothing nearly as good as 2_8B+K on NH.

i find 236B to be awesome after 22b. not only is it hard to interrupt but if ur opponent steps then u lunge way past em.

I like to use 66A+B, although it's really slow so your opponent can react to it. If they block it you get a nice pushback, and if they don't it's a damaging combo. I use 236B or FC3B if my opponent starts being more aggressive during the mixup.

Back