Are chia pets Racist?

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Apparently people are freaking out about this one... Is it really racist to think this is funny?
images

I don't think so but this is the direction our country is headed. <--- Sweet play on words! Get IT!??!11

seriously...they gave him a chia pet after him. I think there is some vauge racism in that for sure. I would get one. grow it out. hang it from a tree in my front yard....lol....j/k

It just seems weird to me that people would get truly upset about it, isn't that furthering stereotypes by agreeing with them and actually making that connection?

I'm not seeing the racism. Seems like people just enjoy blowing things out of proportion.

i agree, i dnt see it either. they should be happy they made one after him!!

shit u dnt see bush walkin round wit his on chia pet

but he probably would have started a war over it, so its best he didnt get one XD

"Wat u mean u dnt like my chia pet? Dont u kno i will kill your country?"

Really.... *looks at the new chia pet*... really, a fucking chia pet?! Jesus, if John McCain would of gotten a chia pet after him, the worst that would be said about him is that he finally eliminated his male pattern baldness XD. Seriously, some Americans should realize that a president's values and policies are more important than his skin color.

They only think it's racist because Barack is black. If the president was white nobody would think that was racist.

sigh...just...sigh.. How many NON-FAMOUS black ppl do you think would find it CHILL as hell to have thiei head on a chia pet? How many of them would then say "omg..my head on a nationally sold product!!! RACIST!!" ... hm? And I just KNOW its either the damn SAD ass NAACP complaining...or a bunch of white liberal fucks who think they are "helping the world" by complaining about useless shit instead of going into the peace core or volunteering at a homeless shelter (while I've never done the former, the later is a very rewarding experience..and humbling as well).

and stop with the bush crap please... it was old 3-5 years ago.. he's not in office anymore so zip..lol. The guy had soem fuck-ups but he gets shit thrown at him more than he probably deserved. And he's probably smarter than 80% of the people on this site so..yea..lol.

that all being said.... they still make cha cha cha chia pets???

It doesn't even look ANYTHING like him! Considering it looks NOTHING like him, I don't think it's racist...Even if it did look anything like him, I still wouldn't think of it as being racist

I do not care about Obama - stop saying that he's black ( He's 1/2 black)

I hate how he is becoming a marketing tool for everyone.

I dont think chia pets is racist - they're just jumping on the band wagon with everyone else that is already using him as a marketing tool.

Do any of you know where I can get one of those Barack chia pets for a cheap price? I really want one.

sigh...just...sigh.. How many NON-FAMOUS black ppl do you think would find it CHILL as hell to have thiei head on a chia pet? How many of them would then say "omg..my head on a nationally sold product!!! RACIST!!" ... hm?
Well like you said, it's not Obama complaining. I get the idea a lot of people would love it personally, and the same people would complain if anything resembling a black man was suddenly cast in terra cotta brown with a vegetable fro. Some people just have way too little going on in their lives I'm lead to believe.

and stop with the bush crap please... it was old 3-5 years ago.. he's not in office anymore so zip..lol. The guy had soem fuck-ups but he gets shit thrown at him more than he probably deserved. And he's probably smarter than 80% of the people on this site so..yea..lol.

When we are done shoveling through his mountain of crap, the economy has recovered, the effects to the planet and our global prestige have healed, we catch up in stem cell research, the tortured are untortured and their psychological scars vanish, all the people that died in the course of the war and occupation come back to life, all the people that died in the government's sluggish response to disasters at home come back to life, our maimed soldiers regrow their limbs and repair their family lives and someone gives us back our wasted time we'll stop. Fair enough?

Be lucky that all people do is complain about the man in their idle hours. It's far less than the man deserves and far more civil. If you asked them to act on it they'd probably fetch a rope and not a few of them without good reason. The whole presidency was one continual eight year fuck-up. You are defending a man who even saw fit to repeal the act which grants protection to endangered species. It's like he was a rock star trashing his hotel room when he noticed he had not yet smashed the television, only his hotel room was america and the television was a bald eagle. It's like this guy tried his damnedest to find anything he could "fuck up" from countries to speeches and then showed his deftness in doing so. I understand of course the reasons why he would tell people global warming wasn't real, or tell them there were weapons of mass destruction in iraq. And they had nothing to do with the betterment and welfare of his people. That alone should tell any conservative no matter their motivations that this was a man undeserving of their fealty. Though I will profess, he was always a puppet, it is hard to say ultimate blame for a ship's course lies in the figurehead.

Smarter than 80% of this forum? No. Not by a long shot. There are by in large mainly bright folks here. Smarter than 80% of the general population? Perhaps, though unknowable. The guy tells some good jokes to be sure, but it's hard to know how much of his career and public character was him and how much was the puppeteers. And then there was the outright butchery of the english language on a scale that would make Jimmy Durante blush.

that all being said.... they still make cha cha cha chia pets???
Yes.

Anyone who thinks this is racist against black people is racist. That's because that's not a black dude. That's a Jew-fro!

and stop with the bush crap please... It was old 3-5 years ago.. He's not in office anymore so zip..lol. The guy had soem fuck-ups but he gets shit thrown at him more than he probably deserved. And he's probably smarter than 80% of the people on this site so..yea..lol.

Bush is a genius!!!!! Although you can't spell the word "some" so he must be smarter than you also.

Back