[Arizona] AZ and friends!

Yo dudes, saw the forum so I signed up. I'm at the north valley in Glendale. I'm up for any good matches from anyone, 360 or PS3 it doesn't matter to me. I have a vehicle but at the moment it's out of commision so getting to peoples places will be a bit of an issue (hopfully that will be fixed soon). It's been hard finding people who play Soul Cal in the valley so let me know if anyone is getting anything together. I'm usually off on thursday's. Online works too. thanks guys.

Glendale isn't the best place to be since all of the other players (except me) live around ASU (Tempe). I'm in North Scottsdale, so I'm a bit closer to you, but you'll still have a little bit of a drive if you want to meet up. I'll add you online (360), but I really don't like playing SC4 online.

When you get your car fixed it should be good as long as you don't mind a bit of a drive.

Yeah i realize i'm a bit of an outsider, it kinda sucks but once i get my car up and running again I'll be willing to go anywhere. if anything comes up I swear I'll try to make it one way or another (I do have other means of transportation). Thanks for the add Dr.

I just got to Phoenix tonight after 4 days of traveling!

We should get a Soul caliber fest together sometime in a few weeks.

Yeah i realize i'm a bit of an outsider, it kinda sucks but once i get my car up and running again I'll be willing to go anywhere. if anything comes up I swear I'll try to make it one way or another (I do have other means of transportation). Thanks for the add Dr.

If there's something going down in the ASU area, we can carpool if you can get over to my place. That will at least cut down some of your driving.

I just got to Phoenix tonight after 4 days of traveling!

We should get a Soul caliber fest together sometime in a few weeks.

Welcome to Phoenix. What part of town are you in?

Give me a time and place for a gathering. I'll be out of town most of Nov and a little bit of Dec and I may be gone for about a week around the end of Oct, but if I'm in town I'm down.

Bump because I bought a 360. What happened to the whole phoenix crew? Where's that crazy fucker zaine? And the rest of the people (whosenamesIhaveapparentlyforgotten)

Damn, Makaveli move or something? I haven't been around since like, SC2 (They removed taki tExc, which disgusted me enough to send me away for one game). You guys got a machine anywhere up there? Arch still working at golfland? What's everyone doing?

I'm gonna try to get Junior into SC4 a little down here in tucson, but he still only wants TTT. I guess we'll see what happens

ahhhh. more people!!!

we may be able to create a good scene here yet! well post up if you all wanna get some games in later. drdogg...i'm in tempe right at university and 101, and spqr's place is at like kyrene and guadalupe''ish. anyway let me know if you wanna do it up this afternoon/evening. if so...if you could swoop me on your way that would be sweet. i don't mind a five mile bike ride...especially on a nice day like today, but i'm way too hungover to undertake such a thing.

Damn, Makaveli move or something? I haven't been around since like, SC2 (They removed taki tExc, which disgusted me enough to send me away for one game). You guys got a machine anywhere up there? Arch still working at golfland? What's everyone doing?

lol our old resident taki master in albuquerque quit for 3 because of that as well. well her bomb and skipe techs and combos rule tExc any day. it's funny because she was better in 3 than she is in 4 or was in 2...yet now the taki's are coming back.

anyway come up to tempe some time.

DO IT.

I think for a lot of us it wasn't that Taki was better or worse, it was more the playstyle that changed. I for one really enjoyed being extra aggressive and active, with tExc cancels you could do that. These days it seems like fishing for CHs is the new hotness with Taki. I just got the game seriously 2 days ago though, so I may change characters a lot of times. As far as coming up to Tempe I'd have to setup housing and such, and I don't know any of you that well just yet, lol. Kinda why I was asking about the old crew and what the deal was. I periodically head up to Phoenix for my girl, she has family up there, so we'll have to see what happens.

i've always opened my house up to rogue gamers. consider that option. it's smoky though and you have to take shots. house rules.

It would probably have to be like a saturday night, as I have sundays off. In any case I'm not in any shape to play just yet, so it'd be awhile before I came up. I thought I would poke my head in and see how the AZ community was. Sometimes you'll get a group of college kids that find the boards that rejuvenate things for a bit, and sometimes you don't and it's the same 3 people that could just call each other, hence the tucson crew.

I live in Copper Square, downtown Phoenix. 9th and Van Buren, about 2 blocks from the Diamondbacks stadium and US Airways arena.

well we'll be doing it up this afternoon in central tempe. i like to think we're quite a bit better than your average group of interested college kids, too.

anyway if yall wanna join feel free to hit me up with a text or something...i'll probably be away from the net for the rest of the afternoon.

505-360-5115

hit me up if you wanna join in.

well we'll be doing it up this afternoon in central tempe. i like to think we're quite a bit better than your average group of interested college kids, too.

anyway if yall wanna join feel free to hit me up with a text or something...i'll probably be away from the net for the rest of the afternoon.

505-360-5115

hit me up if you wanna join in.

I can't make it today. The wife and I are still unpacking all our crap.

Sometime soon though, I wouldn't mind getting together with you guys. I'm sure I'll get absolutely creamed, as this is my first SC game I've ever played, and I have never played anyone else who plays the game in real life. But I'm sure it'll be a good learning experience either way.

I'd be willing to host maybe 5-6 guys to play at my place sometime downtown if ya'll wanted.

You'll probably do better than me. I haven't played SC since August, and that was the only time I've gotten my hands on SC4.

This assumes my work/school schedule lightens enough for me to actually dedicate any serious practice time, of course. :(

Ryan and the rest of you: Sorry I can't meet up at all, but school and work take priority.

Dammit, it figures that the first time in four years AZ actually has a decent sized crew I no longer have any time.

Mystic: Man, I miss getting thrashed in Tekken by you. Those were good times. No, I don't work at Golfland anymore - not for over three years now. I work at a Borders less than two miles from it, though. No one's seen or heard from Makaveli or Flook that I know of.

I guess I'll have to miss this event for now (school). But I'll catch you guys at the next venue. I'm very excited that i found you guys.

Back