Asta Match-up List

Alpha has the easiest time against duckers for his meterless damage, but if you don't have the execution, probably Mitsurugi.

3A+B is really not worth it. agaisnt tira you get a 50% combo done to you if you guess wrong and when you guess right you only take maybe 30%
If you use 3A+B and Tira blocks it, you get hit with a 50% combo? If you use 3A+B and land a NH/CH you get hit with a 30% combo?

Alpha has the easiest time against duckers for his meterless damage, but if you don't have the execution, probably Mitsurugi.
Personally I think alpha is really his worst matchup..wasn't it like that in sc4 with sets?

If you use 3A+B and Tira blocks it, you get hit with a 50% combo? If you use 3A+B and land a NH/CH you get hit with a 30% combo?

3A+B blocked = astaroth loses 50% life
3A+B CH = tira loses 30% life

NH you dont get anything, and the frame advantage is only +1, lol.

3A+B blocked = astaroth loses 50% life
3A+B CH = tira loses 30% life

NH you dont get anything, and the frame advantage is only +1, lol.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

My opinion on 3A+B is it's a decent move, but in some match ups, it's great. Character's who can't punish effectively, or at all, you should implement into gameplay.

I had some trouble figuring out that you need to do the 28B+G BEFORE you assume he's recovered from his throwing animation and can now get it consistently.

On a related note if you input the 28B+G exceptionally fast (like the frame they leave Astaroth's hand) you'll grab them and turn around mid air.

still can't get this to work consistently, how exactly does this connect? the timing window must be really small...

If you mean the turnaround bit I think it is when the opponent's back is to a wall. That seems to be the only time when Asta does the turn around for me and its annoying cuz I'd like to have the w! for a little extra damage afterwards.

not just turnaround, even connecting normally is quite weird. I usually end up doing it early, and he jumps up and not grabbing anything. if I wait just a bit longer, I will fail to cancel the recovery animation and leave myself wide open when the grab comes out after the recovery.

So, my first round in pools is against an Aeon player. Any tips/thoughts on that match-up?

If I make it past him, then I'll get Kinetic Clash, and then Keev. Yeah, being in Death Pool B29 is legit. XD

If you mean the turnaround bit I think it is when the opponent's back is to a wall. That seems to be the only time when Asta does the turn around for me and its annoying cuz I'd like to have the w! for a little extra damage afterwards.

I still can't even get the "not turn around" version to work... what is the visual cue for this? right after opponent leave his hand is the obvious, but right at that moment still doesn't guarantee it.

It's actually just very early timing. Works anywhere on screen -great for reversal RO's.

How in earth are you supposed to win against Mitsurugi when he keeps his distance away from 44a range, steps a lot to dodge 6B and other linear moves, doing TC moves under your 4a. Also keeps doing JG's on 2 hit strings, 44[a] 4, 66[k]/66k BE...etc 90% of time. If i go close he pokes me to death with faster attacks

So my question is what can you do to break down more passive Mitsurugi who knows astas every frame pretty much like his own pockets and punishes every single thing one can.

Should i just stay in training mode and learn to JG his every single move in medium range :/

Good Mitsu seems to be something that i just cannot beat atm

How in earth are you supposed to win against Mitsurugi when he keeps his distance away from 44a range, steps a lot to dodge 6B and other linear moves, doing TC moves under your 4a.
Bullrush.

Also keeps doing JG's on 2 hit strings, 44[a] 4, 66[k]/66k BE...etc 90% of time. If i go close he pokes me to death with faster attacks
Stop doing 2 hit strings. Throw him when he's trying to JG.

Yeah, i do not use strings with asta if opponent knows how to JG or step them, atleast not so often :P

hmmm bullrush works sometimes but it gets predictable and somewhat easy to block if your options for mid range are 4a,44a,44b or bullrush... and it's not nice to be -10 against Mr.50/50 mitsurugi :P, charged bullrush gets often just guarded. Also you can step bullrush so it's not a solution to the problem.

Things that really eat me are: 3A+B being it being only good mid step killer close up that prevents all kinds of steps/TC's etc, and it's -17 on block. 6k being punishable by that stupid i14 poke to the face. As 6k is one of the better moves to stop enemy from closing in after blocked 4a/44a etc, so it get's a little bit predictable. 4b is an option but it lacks the range of 6k :/

how does astaroth fare against hilde? I am having a hard time trying to out zone her, but in close range she's has better speed than me. I have much easier time against her when I am not using astaroth.

I'm having issues VS Ivy.

She out ranges me, and her up close moves are quicker than Astaroth's. Also, I can't seem to break her CS/iCS in time.

Anyone else think this is a bad match up?

what grabs work on voldo's stances? can low grabs get all of them? I have trouble getting mantis crawl.
btw, is there any character stances that require astaroth to do ground throw instead of low throw? maybe like against dampiere?

What do you do against Oprah? I'm in a room right now against a pshycho pressure O Pyrra player and I can't even get a single round on him. It's just constant poke poke poke stab poke poke CE bullshit. I'm used to fighting people who are cautious but this bastard just reads everyone in here like a fucking book.

Well if someone can read you like a book, i dont think it matters what char they are using, they will still rape you :P

Back