Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
When might we get more updates? I was really happy fro the comicon reveals but man tgs reveals were so few! :/

We got two characters and stages, and TONS of video footage, so I'd say it was pretty awesome TGS weekend.

They're going to reveal the guest character within a month, so that might be the next update. But we'll see more SC5 footage before that (Kayane's event etc.)

Compare the differents between Amy and Viola in this picture that I edit..
sc4-pub-ss-amy-00...-jpgcopy-2d05955.jpg

Are few,there is one thing I like for now and is how the shadows and lights change in Soulcalibur V now I certainly can see the diferences in graphics, they are doing a good developement in this game!

Compare the differents between Amy and Viola in this picture that I edit..
sc4-pub-ss-amy-00...-jpgcopy-2d05955.jpg

Are few,there is one thing I like for now and is how the shadows and lights change in Soulcalibur V now I certainly can see the diferences in graphics, they are doing a good developement in this game!

It looks like the same character made more mature with better graphics.

They say that Viola's hood/cape was made to look like a moth... You know another name for a moth? A night butterfly!

The chances of them designing, implementing, and showing this character in-game all within the time span that Freddy was announced in MK is pretty much non-existent.
Yes, I guess you're right. Still, why does she have to have the same stupid weapon that Freddy has? I hate those brain-dead movies, and every time I see her I'm going to be reminded of them.

Anyone else think that it'll be great to make some characters not age anymore. Some people think it's cheesy, but it's a reasonable idea.

No, not IMO. It's ok for a handful of characters due to specific storyline reasons, but I think it's bad that women over 40 are seen as crypt-fodder.
I'm actually really shocked that they allowed Hilde to be 35........
That kind of ageism (and sexism, as it applies mostly to the women) is pretty crappy. I'm worried for Setsuka - she'd be 41 in SC5, so I'm not sure she'll make the cut.......and as for a 32 year-old Talim.....I'm worried that's even less likely and she'll be saddled with some bollocky reason for not growing up.

Sorry if this has been posted, (actually I can't believe it hasn't, but I'm not gonna look through 23 pages). It has some of viola's and asta's (and other characters') gameplay shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21yCifk4tw&feature=related

I guess she looks cool. Still mad about the glove.

I'm not too sure I like the announcer, though I'll probably get used to his mellow voice. But what I really dislike are the quips the characters throw in during their moves and some of the taunts. This is set 400 years ago, yet they all talk like high school kids hangin' out at the mall. I know I shouldn't expect too much realism, because are they really gonna make them speak in early modern english? But I think it's getting out of hand.

Still wish we could've had every character speak their own national language. :P Or at least have a few more choices than just japanese or english.

Live streams

11 Viewers
Alyssa9690
Alyssa9690
I suck. Taki and maybe some Mina and Sophie.
8 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
Potisive Vibes Pt. III
8 Viewers
GekkoVonTheFish
GekkoVonTheFish
🐸 [ESP/ENG] NO TENGO TIEMPO AYUDA AAAAA Dibujando aún | !redes 2 DAYS FOR GEKKO DAY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back