Astaroth Anti Strings/Frametraps via Bullrush BE

It's not all that ridiculous when you think of it basically as a DP, because that's how it's applied. Against skilled opponents who step/JG the last hit consistently on a read, the R/R is more than fair.

It's not all that ridiculous when you think of it basically as a DP, because that's how it's applied. Against skilled opponents who step/JG the last hit consistently on a read, the R/R is more than fair.

Generic possible outcomes.

Positive:

1. Revenge activates, launches opponent, 60-80% life. Total cost 1 bar.

2. Hits opponent regularly, maybe 20% lifebar with ground game. Total cost half a bar.

Neutral:

1. Opponent sidesteps, double bullrush straight past and out of distance setting up a quick BT B+K if they try to rush in. Cost half a bar.

Negative:

1. They block, and either SS or JG and go into their biggest combo. This is going to be 50% at most for a lot of the cast unless there is some very specific environmental assistance going on (or they have a shitload of meter to burn), and in many cases far less. Total cost half a bar.

2. (mirror match) They block and do the same thing to you, resulting in your own demise to the same move when their own armor activates. Total cost half a bar and some embarrassment.

So.....

This ability is basically a nuclear missile. A big scary deterrent with big scary consequences.

Problem I have with it is that the potential punishment isn't going to be as painful as the potential payoff if the armor activates, and it gets you out of too many difficult situations to boot.

Some say the move has been nerfed w patch 1.03...but I don't have that patch because it's still not out in Europe. Can someone give us details?

I Tested it today in some matches, i dont think the damage absorb of the armor got reduced, since it stills work on some moves that where close to the max damage allowed, but i got canceled out of the Revenge when i got hit during the start of the move, it happened before, but not that far into the move, so maybe they reduced the frame range to activate the revenge? still needs more testing tho, its just what it looks like to me so far.

I Tested it today in some matches, i dont think the damage absorb of the armor got reduced, since it stills work on some moves that where close to the max damage allowed, but i got canceled out of the Revenge when i got hit during the start of the move, it happened before, but not that far into the move, so maybe they reduced the frame range to activate the revenge? still needs more testing tho, its just what it looks like to me so far.

Thanks for the infos Cyan :)
From what you say doesn't look that the move has been drastically changed... and that's good, I was worried about an over nerf.
Imho 66K BE isn't unbalanced as it is in 1.02, but that's just my idea.

i have 2 ps3's next to each other, one with 1.02 and one with 1.03, anything you need me to test on the old version i can.

After Checking thru all chars, here is a list of the chars that will whiff the second hit from BB when asta Armors the first one.

Mitsu, Yoshi, Alpha Pat, both Pyrrhas, Ezio, Natsu, Viola, Voldo, Dampierre, Cervantes, Algol, Raphael.

Aeon second B is too slow and Revenge connects before it second B lands. The rest of the chars connect both hits properly.

I dont know about diferent Size CaS, but i doubt anyone gives a damn about them (i dont).

After Checking thru all chars, here is a list of the chars that will whiff the second hit from BB when asta Armors the first one.

Mitsu, Yoshi, Alpha Pat, both Pyrrhas, Ezio, Natsu, Viola, Voldo, Dampierre, Cervantes, Algol, Raphael.

Aeon second B is too slow and Revenge connects before it second B lands. The rest of the chars connect both hits properly.

I dont know about diferent Size CaS, but i doubt anyone gives a damn about them (i dont).
Wow, Cervantes' too? I would think that stab would poke him right in the head. Weird properties on a pretty weird (awesome?) move. Oh well, I'll take it.

Back