Astaroth Offical General Discussion

Windstar

[13] Hero
Talk here about the golem baddie
Dj3Uzy1UYAE3XiQ

Thoughts after watching the trailer:

1) Possibly that we lost the 22[K] ~ 22B ender after CH 6B ?
2) RE B looks like it reverse RO from really far away
3) Looks like the tiny gap during the PT spins is gone
4) Long command throw range still there

Last edited:
Was gonna do this but not enough info from the video to say much..

However .. I made a
One observation.

So his standard air throw (A+G) on an airborne opponent, seems to lethal hit if it's Raw.
If it's in a combo then it may not. This is speculative btw

Haven't been to this webpage in what looks like 6 years, but now that Astaroth is back I'M BACK!

So haven't followed SCVI too much, but the trailer looks pretty alright. Anything about the new game system so far that would make him better or worse because of his gameplay style?

In SC5, the JG system was detrimental to Asta, so I am happy we have RE to replace JG.
I would love to know if Asta have a good post-GI mix-up close to SC2 or SC3.

Yes, but JG doesn't do what it used to. The part that was detrimental to asta is gone. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, was that JGing made moves more unsafe, which it no longer does.
well yea. Its still easy to JG/GI his stuff unless he is faster now.

So like, if his RE ~B (where he drag-throws the opponent across the ground) rings out it will be the most OP thing ever.

Also, fuck yeah Astaroth looks good.

Hahaha his RE~B probably RO as far as Ivy's long distance lows.

I am really upset after I saw the Tira trailer. They showed so many new Tira moves. They couldn't show one new move for Asta ? (other than RE ~ B and CE)

So rewatching the trailer, I'm worried that the last hit of PT might be high, but maybe the proceeding hits jail?

If the last hit is high, then it could mean PT will be very risky to completely execute against experienced opponents.

So I was watching some SC6 footage and I think AA cmd grab (what is it, Titan Buster? 28 B + G? It's been a while) is going to be very strong in this game. Looks like characters have more practical mixups based on jumping/air-born attacks

I just read that guard impact will parry throws. Does anyone know if astaroth’s throws aren’t affected like in soul calibur 3?

I just read that guard impact will parry throws. Does anyone know if astaroth’s throws aren’t affected like in soul calibur 3?

Something tells me the answer is NO!
Pisses me off as well seeing that Ivy has an unbreakable, and perhaps unparryable throw.

So I was watching some SC6 footage and I think AA cmd grab (what is it, Titan Buster? 28 B + G? It's been a while) is going to be very strong in this game. Looks like characters have more practical mixups based on jumping/air-born attacks

Huh? AA into air cmd throw? What exactly are you saying?

All these privileged, other character mains with hands on experience and were just sitting here like, “maybe... perhaps... who knows?”

With the announcement of Cervantes being in the TGS build (and, I’m guessing, Raphael after a reveal trailer) we should see some Astaroth gameplay.

WHO’S EXCITED!?

Back