Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

I have been having trouble with the 6b after my 1A+G gets broken and even a lot of times when it isn't broken. The attack goes right through them, if they are blocking, attacking, anything the axe will pass right through them. I was just wondering if there was some property that makes this happen after 1A+G grab

Ground throw breaks are glitchy as fuck. 66K BE combos off them on some characters even though 66K doesn't. It doesn't surprise me that there would be whiffing problems too.

Ground throw breaks are glitchy as fuck. 66K BE combos off them on some characters even though 66K doesn't. It doesn't surprise me that there would be whiffing problems too.
You might not be breaking them correctly. If they throw out an A grab you have to break it with A. Same thing with B grabs. If you try to break an A grab with B it won't work. Other than that you may have the timing wrong. Also 66_k doesn't have a low hit box, the brave edge version gives it a low hit box, which is another reason it is so good.

I have been having trouble with the 6b after my 1A+G gets broken and even a lot of times when it isn't broken. The attack goes right through them, if they are blocking, attacking, anything the axe will pass right through them. I was just wondering if there was some property that makes this happen after 1A+G grab
That's weird. The only thing I could think of is if they use a move that puts their character in to a lying down (not crouching) animation/hurtbox. This would cause the attack to whiff. Other than that I have no idea what's wrong

You might not be guarding it correctly. If they throw out an A attack you have to guard it with G. Same with B attacks. If you try to guard an attack with K it won't work. Other than that you may be a total autist.

Hi, guys. I was wondering, can anybody tell me in which situations does 1bb (CH version) succeed after 22_88 b BE? It has great potential for W! combos and ROs... Is the opponent supposed to be rolling on the ground, stepping, or what?

Fighting against him can be a real pain in the ass. His grabs are just super-duper strong. His simple grab/mid mixups get me every time. I end up freezing up half the time.

Raphael is my main right now and I'm having a hell of a time in this matchup. Though Raph's 4B is awesome sauce against grabs, so there's that. Plus he can keep up in the the range department, and has 6bb (i12).

Yet despite all this, the difference in damage output is staggering, so I feel like this matchup is in Asta's favor? What do you guys think?

Hi, guys. I was wondering, can anybody tell me in which situations does 1bb (CH version) succeed after 22_88 b BE? It has great potential for W! combos and ROs... Is the opponent supposed to be rolling on the ground, stepping, or what?
1b,b only hits both times if the opponent is not air controlling (moving left or right) and if the second hit whiffs they can punish, so it's risky. I only do it as an ending to a combo instead of 66 b ( 6b 22k 22b-be 66b) if you land a raw 22b-be just use 28 b+g. Hope that helps

Last edited:
:3::A+G: and :3::B+G: comfirmed useless.
Yah, they are pretty much useless, but I did discover a neat reset with them. During a wall combo when it comes time to 2a+g or 2b+g you can 3a+g or 3b+g and jump over your opponent. A lot of people try to whiff punish but you can usually get a counter hit with b+k-backturned. You can follow this up with 22k and basically do an entire wall combo over again. This is risky and the spacing is weird but it does work, for the most part

Back