Astaroth Videos Thread

Boogieman

[09] Warrior
I haven't seen a thread yet in the Astaroth forum specifically for showing Astaroth matches/combo videos.

I'm not an Asta player but I've been playing a REALLY good Asta imho lately. Thought some newer players wanting to see how he should be played may want to watch some of these and any other videos you other guys could contribute.

if I'm treading too much in y'alls area just delete this thread. hope you all enjoy.

That wall combo in the third video was awesome. If there a way you upload videos to YouTube? Is it done in-game? I ask because I noticed the copyright watermark on the bottom left.

Very good stuff. thanks.

and yes can you please answer to :

If there a way you upload videos to YouTube? Is it done in-game? I ask because I noticed the copyright watermark on the bottom left.

I;m really not sure what you guys are asking but yes in the Network Mode at the bottom the menu you'll see "Replay" and a cache of your latest fights will be there you pick which one you want and hit Start and it'll save it to your file then go to that area where you saved and hit Start again to "Output" the video... so then it'll put it on your Playstation/Xbox Home area where videos are stored. Then what I do is hook my android phone up to it and copy the files from the ps3 to the phone via a usb data connection. Also note: To transfer the video you have to play them first for some reason I have no idea why either. Then you hook your phone up to your computer and mount it from your phone and drag the files to your computer... then upload to youtube..

Hope that helps.

I;m really not sure what you guys are asking but yes in the Network Mode at the bottom the menu you'll see "Replay" and a cache of your latest fights will be there you pick which one you want and hit Start and it'll save it to your file then go to that area where you saved and hit Start again to "Output" the video... so then it'll put it on your Playstation/Xbox Home area where videos are stored. Then what I do is hook my android phone up to it and copy the files from the ps3 to the phone via a usb data connection. Also note: To transfer the video you have to play them first for some reason I have no idea why either. Then you hook your phone up to your computer and mount it from your phone and drag the files to your computer... then upload to youtube..

Hope that helps.
its probably encoding the videos and to encode a video it has to go frame by frame so it just plays it

New to 3d, new to SC and new to Astaroth. Forgive me for my terrible defense, Im learning.
More SCV on my Youtube will be up eventually.

Try more wake up pressure with 4 instead of just 44B cancels and see how that works for you!

This is me in the finals of a tournament last weekend. Small turnout but some pretty good players. I had a few execution errors so don't think I was trying to do a few of the wacky looking things you see haha.

This is me in the finals of a tournament last weekend. Small turnout but some pretty good players. I had a few execution errors so don't think I was trying to do a few of the wacky looking things you see haha.
You played pretty well. If anything, I just think you could have used 22B a little more. Just because it's a good move. I dunno.

You tried to do throw as an interrupt a little too much and I think it caused you to lose a lot of life due to whiffed throws.

I also thought you didn't use many lows at all.

He wouldn't use lows.

Astaroth gets nothing from lows besides a lot of risk for relatively little payout. Everything he does is to condition a person to react between mids and throws. Since doing a low don't help with that conditioning it's kind of pointless.

And 22b is a good move, but it can easily go off kilter and miss the target completely in SCV. You don't want to give your opponent that opportunity on you in a tournament setting unless you are relatively certain its going to land.

Anyone got any tips against Natsu? I think if I did 2k on wakeup when she did the unblockable I would have stuffed it.

My latest ranked match

I'm too familiar with this matchup but I think I did an okay job, even though I guessed wrong on both tech trap situations. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas/b/309016923

Just got 2nd at a southern major. Played well in winners and losers finals, but I played pretty badly in grand finals. Starts at about 2:34:00

edit: ugh, I just resaw it. I played pretty bad. Granted, I had never played a Xiba before (I only got the game two day ago). I did end up playing a little more solid after the tournament and ended up running streaks against the nightmare player.

Back