Astaroth Videos Thread

My latest vid. Can't really say anything other than the APat player was just flat out better than me. First time I've seen any Japanese player online Just Guarding anything.

Gah, another 22B at the end would've broken his guard. Some unsafe stuff didn't help you much, like 1A,B and 1B,B. Sidestepping more at mid-range would've given you a few free 22B BE punishes.

Asmodazzie: I'm currently using pad, and do the command throw motions on the analogue stick as fast as I can. There prolly is more reliable ways to get jf versons of those grabs.

You landed 44[A] and then just walked up. I assume you thought you were too far to combo A, B or 6B or whatever. At any range, 66K should connect. If you are a little closer, you can land 4A and get the free crouch throw attempt after.

At that point, I figured I'd gamble on hitting with that command throw and combo from there, but I agree. Focus on whats guarantied.

That and 4[A+B] really sucks now. I only use it very sparingly if they are in the corner. It can get stepped so easily now....

Yeah, I noticed. It seems pretty useless now, compared to SC4.

In the first vid you had a ground throw broken. Would have been a good time to implement the free 66K BE that is guaranteed after having your throw broken.

I did'nt know that was possible, tyvm:)

Vs Pyrra you HAVE to step-punish 66B BE 100% of the times.

That's the only way to keep her on her toes. And keep the bitch out of her 1K range.

well theres was 2 things that i didn't know that would havw changed the match completly
1. you can step or JG 66B~BE easily.
2. i thought stab was -14 for some reason and never attempted 66B on block

not bad for a 7 year break tbh.

I can't believe you actually use 1aa.

Hell, I can't believe its actually landing.

It's a useful force block while the opponent is grounded and also prevents opponents from rolling. Sure you can jump the second hit, but once you have your opponent trained to jump you can force them to block a mid by not doing the second A.

OT: I forgot to post this earlier, but I had recently placed second in a local tourney with the big man. Note however I had some pretty funky tourney nerves and it cost me greatly on some of my inputs, and made me eat alot of reactable things lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/edmontongamers/b/311993080

1:22:12 for Grand Finals

1:19:25 for an awesome way to end a clutch round ;)

What did people think of Xephukai's 3rd place Astaroth at NCR? This is the only video of him I could find on youtube.

It's hard to judge by this one match, because it's apparent he doesn't know Ivy too well. There were a few execution errors too, but I blame that on nerves.

Yeah, just came from the Norwegian nationals. I made the final, but lost to some Volde player who knew the Asta matchup very well. But yeah, there was a ton of ppl shouting and I got so nervous I messed up inputs left and right - its a miracle i made it as far as i did xD
Playing at home and playing at tourney is worlds apart, no doubt about that.

This is me in legendary souls mode. I had a few input errors with command grabs, they came out as ground throws :)

Anyone have constructive criticism that would be appreciated. I know there's a few things I need to work on, such as JG.
part1
part2

The picture quality is a little low and it's hard to make out whats going on.
If you're using a camcorder you can actully use your ps3's AV out to go straight to the camcorder and record direct feeds, if you're using a potato or a shoe then the picture quality wont get much better

It's a built in webcam for my laptop. I know it sucks, but it's all I got. I don't know how else to record honestly, I'm not that computer savy.

Poor quality aside, how did I do?

Actually, once the auto-dimmer kicks in, the brightness goes down and it's easier to see

yeah nice stuff, i think thats pretty much how you're meant to play asta in this game, only thing i would change is your combo after GC, 66A{B} is same damage as 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, 66B but doesn't use any bar.

yeah nice stuff, i think thats pretty much how you're meant to play asta in this game, only thing i would change is your combo after GC, 66A{B} is same damage as 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, 66B but doesn't use any bar.
I have a hard time getting 66A(B) to connect after GC. I should practice, though, since it does save myself some meter. Thanks for the compliments, and suggestion, though.

Back