Astaroth Vids

Asta is totally overpowered character =) great play Saitoh and DTN, looking forward for more.

Yeah, this Astaroth is such a scrub ! It's a shame Taki only won 1 round, he should have won regardless ! ^____^

"Asta is totally overpowered character =)" ... especially when all of the players refuse to break throws ...

Is Ramza relatively new to tournaments?

No Ramza is a veteran SC2 player, and already placed in another SC4 tournament, here is one vid of him :

where he did, 22[k], a,b, 1[a],b, 2a+k .. that was hawt! :) is that guaranteed?

as was the jf titan bomb punish, that really was yummy.

1[A]B shouldnt ever be guaranteed. As I recall its a forced block situation.

/edit/ After looking at the vid, yes amy should've been able to block the B.

/edit/ nvm, looking at it again it seems to be some sort of tech trap, she needed to tech into the 1[A] to be able to block the B.

/edit/ http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=75663&postcount=79 Remembered someone talked about it before, there it is.

This is guaranteed, what is different is situation depending on whether you tech before 1A or after. it gives alot of damage and tech traps/catches anyway. You cannot block the last B for sure.

as for 2A+K pickup it is also guaranteed but range dependant on far range it AT's only if they try to tech.

I just tried this in practice mode but I cant seem to reproduce the results.

i turned ukemi off and it would look kinda like what I saw on the vid but if I turn it on then the whole combo seems off.

As the linked post says(and I did too) if they tech into the 1[A] they can block the B. Or are you talking about something else?

Suriad: I dont really remember, last time I tested this combo it was like very long ago, almost a year from now.
I cant see where in the linked post it is about blocking the last B. there are three different situations depending on when you try to tech, all of them are very good and all of them produce huge damage+mix/wake ups. But now I remember that you probably can block the last B, but it doesnt affect the damage, which is very big if you try to tech the A.
As I dont have a console at home I will have to test that when I get the chance, or you can test it yourself.
This is the best combo off CH BT B+K so much is certain.

Suriad: I dont really remember, last time I tested this combo it was like very long ago, almost a year from now.
I cant see where in the linked post it is about blocking the last B. there are three different situations depending on when you try to tech, all of them are very good and all of them produce huge damage+mix/wake ups. But now I remember that you probably can block the last B, but it doesnt affect the damage, which is very big if you try to tech the A.
As I dont have a console at home I will have to test that when I get the chance, or you can test it yourself.
This is the best combo off CH BT B+K so much is certain.

Then this is essentially his best combo period as it puts you into the same position as the combo starter for CH3a, 6b.

Here is my confusion.

The way i see it any good player is going to instinctively tech up after the AB natural combo counter after the ground stomp shake stun. So what is being said is If they tech up at that time which they will 9 times out of 10 the 1[a] is guaranteed but not the b hit, which also means that the ground throw is also not guaranteed.

Is this accurate?

So assuming they dont tech up and opt to stay grounded then the combo goes as displayed in the vid. Will they have another tech opportunity to get away from the b damage in 1[a], b?

What are the possible results from this combo?

CH 3A 6B isnt a combo

no its not natrual to think they will just tech necessarily because 22[K] 22B is the normal ender for that combo and it deals a good 50 more damage for being teched.

In general teching is more dangerous through out the game than not, so many good players dont tech for the heck of it, unless they are wise to whats going on and know there is more/ample danger in staying down.

If they take the A without teching they apparently must eat the B so thats golden.
If they try to tech the B after getting ground hit by the A it launches them instead which gives you even more free damage.
Is that everything?

Back