Astaroth Vids

I think it is something like that
1) tech after 1A hits and get a relaunch + traps/wakes (post A+G airthrow)
2) do not tech and get a guaranteed 2A+K or a tech trap with 2A_B+G or a relaunch on 22_88B on normal/back tech + otg hit. 2A+K is range dep here, on far range it only will AT if opp trying to tech.
3) tech before the 1[A] hits and get some extra damage and block the B-ender. BUT I am not sure if you can block it at all, like I post above I cant check it. So please you do.

And yes, most of the time people wont try to tech post CH BT B+K eating 22K, 22B guarantee.

oh i thought the combo started from the 22[k] i didnt realise it was unescapable after bt B+K

thats just nice, when you say relaunch when they tech the 'a' do you mean as in 22b followup or can you get a 28B+G?

Try to use something else as your standard anti-step, WS A is a good move, but its not really spammable. You both look like you need to work on throw breaks some more, though admittedly I didn't watch that many of them. Otherwise no really strong criticism to give.

Hey guys, a friend of mine and I recorded some matches the other day. There are 15 in this playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DD3B7BCAEBBAAAAF

I'm totally not the best Asta in the world-- but what are your recommendations on the most important ways to improve my game?

Yea I watched your first one with cervantes and your third one with sophitia, suirad's right about a new standard anti-step. 4A is very quick and safe and majority of the time at the beginning of a match, counters any move the opponent might do and even if you miss they won't capitalize given the very small window of time.

I noticed you kept running in on your opponent. NO! Its good for setting them up for a throw but your opponent should come to you after he faces the variety of your long range moves and mix ups then when they get close don't rely on the knee mainly because every Asta player in their mother uses it every other move.

-4b(limited range but opens up a some punishing mixups and follow ups on CH).

-6B+K(if it doesn't catch them speedwise theres a good chance it will GI their move and you can't be grabbed or sweeped during the move unless they too have an air grab).

-4A (quick too).

-22AA(somewhat quick but pushes people out).

-6AB is his fastest move i think but extremely limited range but can beat very fast moves if not hit each other at the same time.

So most important ways to improve your game is use other moves, don't run up to your opponent use the range to your advantage otherwise than that you had some good mind game and above average competency of asteroth. If you really want to take it to the next level eliminate his knee and limit his bull rush and use his other moves.

I literally do nothing but play with asteroth for hours straight sprinkled in with a pitiful setsuka. 99.9 of my experience from sc4 is online XboxLive: PureUberPower and I also play under DestinyGames(there's 1-7). Sorry no PSN though.

From my own annecdotes I win 85% of the time( NO I don't do ranked matches majority of top ten are nowwhere near my level ask DMF VENDETTA :) j/k ). The majority of the time people try to counter me with amy, sophitia, cassandra. I say this just to let you know where i'm coming from and hopefully give me some valid respect in what I say. Some good people on live who would surely back me up is Chaoticity(The most aggressive nightmare I've ever seen period). and AlexanderWolfe(Real good siegfried and nightmare).

6AB is his fastest move i think but extremely limited range but can beat very fast moves if not hit each other at the same time.

Frame data exists so statements like this doesn't.
Obviously online mentality.

Here's the FT 5 between me and Kingusha's Astaroth. I did this especially for Saitoh and Musashi, I hope they enjoy the video.

Nice fights ! :)
Again, this Astaroth look SO familiar haha
In the end it was more tight than I thought it was going to be, after seeing the first 2 rounds lol

You two play the match-up very well !

Saitoh: thx ^^ this is another astaroth, the one that looked familiar before was OyM's astaroth ^^

Hi I just wanted to show You a match that I recorded Yesterday.

My buddy Arnboku finally had the opportunity to come along and we had some offline Matches.

2nd Face (Astaroth) vs. Arnboku (Rock) First to Five

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

We both make quite some mistakes and play very agressive, but we were very hyped.

I hope You have fun watching.

(I'll also post this in the Rock-Video Section)

Bah I totally sucked in this game vs Saitoh.
Usually when I get to play a lot of Ivy my timing on throw breaks gets off. And I played a few challenges vs Malek before that, so yeah I got RO'ed 3 times by B-thow. Go ahead, make fun of me :(

HA HA HA HA Belial !!!
U so lame ROFL

I'd like to do as "badly" as you, semifinals in a FR tournament is no joke

Back