BANGOOOOO!!!

To not include Bangoo in this new generation of Soul Calibur would be a major misstep!

• Total voters

GrendelsWish

[09] Warrior
Here is a rough sketching of Bangoo's P1 costume. I'm refining this and also a P2 costume. Also attached is his weapon, which i failed to enter in the first fan-art before Friday.
bangoo.jpg
webBangooWeapon copy.jpg

Important things to remember about Bangoo: By this time, 17 years after Rock sent him on his journey, he could have been all over the world, as this was the intent of his sojourn. That fact alone makes him a ripe source for — anything!! Art, culture, tactics, street- and book-smarts, weapon discipline influences of countless types. People, Bangoo is a gold mine! Any influence can be found on his person. And any anecdote could be generated. Until this generation, the only slight support for art culture of the New World is Rock. But not really. Shouldn't the "Tale of Souls and Swords" transcend the other half of the world by now?

Another: Bangoo is in his prime to be a vigorous force to be reckoned with. They are making new characters and getting rid of some veteran favorites. But Bangoo is not a new character, he's simply an unplayed character, pleasing veterans and newbies alike. He never had a move set, so there's no alienating fans by destroying it as done with Kilik. It's a ripe opportunity for only excitement as new players are attracted and veterans are satisfied! He is at a powerful age!

Speaking of anecdotes: Remember that Bangoo was kidnapped by the Fygul Cestemus. What ferocities or iniquities might have been subplanted in his psyche? What weren't we told about that period of time? What could emerge later on pressed by the evil energy of Soul Edge that Bangoo's pure heart might be conflicted with? Maybe he carries a secret of the Fygul creation, Astaroth, discovered during his captivity, and is finally the one to put an end of the destruction by this "Harbinger"! Maybe after his sojourn,he dedicated some of his time to revealing the secrets of that cult in order to bring down the golem.

I reiterate, whatever might happen to realize this character into fruition, at least we could finally represent the art culture of half this world!

Want Bangoo in SCV,,, but THIS Bangoo
Well, we gotta stop with the cloning. Especially since Project Soul has made the chronological leap in order to get away from the veteran generation and start fresh and new. I personally would be pissed if I saw such a great opportunity go to waste with just a rehack of a worn out style. I only say worn out —not because i grew tired of Rock, he's my secondary, but— because the fighting style was already split to make a new character, Astaroth. The lost opportunity would be the excitement a familiar face with a new handle on things could bring, being discarded to play a character that we got used to but with traded cosmetics to fool us. I either want to play Rock, or something new and original! Anything else is in-arguably a gimmick!

I think Gatsu's picture's clothes with Grendel's weapons would be cool, though I've really seen enough shield and weapon users.

I love your ideas! His concept/rough sketch you did is great. I would draw a few pics though showing/explaining his fighting style as well. How he moves and what not. Then again Project soul may be already thinking about putting Bangoo in. My sister called Namco-Bandai the day they confirmed SCV and they said they weren't taking anymore character ideas or suggestions. Maybe if we got enough people to agree it would change.

Honestly i WANT total new characters

But not in Bangoo's case,for him i really really hope they put a Pyrrah/Natsu type of "successor" thing

Rock's SC4 moveset was epic fun,but fucking weak too
I hope to see a revamped version of it,faster,more dynamic,better with tons of new cool savage brawl moves

There are a lot of slots for new faces,if they use Bangoo's to give another chance at Rock's style is'nt a drama

Was one of the few power guys of the series,and even more rare in SC, a grappler
i say keep it and make it become competitive

Copied over from the Astaroth and Viola thread:

They could always change his mechanic. Since they want something new, how about making Bangoo a character who's weapon is his ARMOR?

He'll be like fully clad in heavy armor decorated with animal skin. And he'll have some of Rock's trademark moves like the flying lariat and butt attack, but infused with his specialty: Auto-GI attacks.

Or he can be the double tomahawk guy. Could be a nice foil to Cervantes, sword dual wield vs axe dual wield.

I think Gatsu's picture's clothes with Grendel's weapons would be cool, though I've really seen enough shield and weapon users.
it's not simply a shield. it's a whole fighting concept. the knife is simply a companion to the main weapon. the blade at the nose of the skull is what does most of the damage. it also has the blades lifting from the face of the weapon. this bison skull concept is the whole fighting system in one item. block; or parry; redirect, control, or elude your opponent; and drive the blade across/thru.

Edit: OH! and the knife in his left hand stows away in the back of the skull. It's actually a method of sneak attack {as per concept, not in actual playing application; obviously another player will be able to know what Bangoo can do} So, he can get two hands on the skull weapon and really drive it home with increased control and defend with increased fortitude! The knife really is drawn only between guard and strike. like an instant GI attack, for instance.

I love your ideas! His concept/rough sketch you did is great. I would draw a few pics though showing/explaining his fighting style as well. How he moves and what not. Then again Project soul may be already thinking about putting Bangoo in. My sister called Namco-Bandai the day they confirmed SCV and they said they weren't taking anymore character ideas or suggestions. Maybe if we got enough people to agree it would change.
These drawings you speak of are on their way.

And mostly they will say that they aren't taking concepts because they protect their employees that way. It's some one else's job. It's like any given copyright-oriented industry not accepting unsolicited mail. But if i do my thing (and whoever else) to the fullest, and we petition hard enough, there may be hope for a DLC char down the road... if they aren't dev'ing the char now

OH! and the knife in his left hand stows away in the back of the skull. It's actually a method of sneak attack {as per concept, not in actual playing application; obviously another player will be able to know what Bangoo can do} So, he can get two hands on the skull weapon and really drive it home with increased control and defend with increased fortitude! The knife really is drawn only between guard and strike. like an instant GI attack, for instance.
I think having a sword into a shield with Bangoo would be dumb considering Patroklos's shield has a sword holder, too. I did like the idea of having a a bladed shield, but I just can't think of a way to really differentiate his style from the other shield wielders.
It would be kinda cool to combine some Lizard man moves with Rock stuff, though. That could be really interesting.

Give him an oversized one of these (has a bladed and blunt side):
YMwg.jpg

Give him Rock's throws + tackle like Marduk + a bunch of hit throws

Make his style a good bit faster and more mobile than Rock though. Kind of a hybrid grappler style.

this

If they don't put in a graby type like Astarte or rock I ain't going to buy the game even though they put a graby character in every sc

I think having a sword into a shield with Bangoo would be dumb considering Patroklos's shield has a sword holder, too. I did like the idea of having a a bladed shield, but I just can't think of a way to really differentiate his style from the other shield wielders.
I don't intend to make Bangoo a "shield-wielder" parse. That Is his weapon.
The diagrams that differentiate his style are coming.
It would be kinda cool to combine some Lizard man moves with Rock stuff, though. That could be really interesting.
That actually crossed my mind a few times. I think we're getting on the same wavelength.

Back