BD raph changes

Did SC 3 Raphael really suck? I mean I never got into it, so what was it like? Did he stand any chance of winning a tourney or anything?

SC3 Raph was pretty bad - but keep in mind that SC2 Raph was actually pretty good, and (according to me, at least) quite underrated, so it may just SEEM to me like he was bad. The brokenness of other characters and other bullshit (VC...yippee!) just...well...you know how it went.

It's not just raph, I'm not going to take a game seriously when it doesn't take itself seriously, not when a solid Tekken is right around the corner.

Raph SA overflowing with positivity as always. Some new numbers I got curious about.

i13 6BB -, 0, 0
i16 AA -, +2, +2
i16 AB -, +2, +2
i16 BB -, +1, +1
i20 236B -14, KND, KND
1A -, -4, -4
1K -, -2, -2
4K -6, +4, +4
6K -, +2, +2
A+B -17, +1, STN
A+BA -12, +6, KND
4A+BB N/A, +5, +5
8A+B -10, +3, +3
6B+K -, +1, STN
33B -, -4, 0
33KB -18, KND, KND
33K:B -18, KND, KND
66A+B -2, LNC, LNC
SEA A 0, -, -
SEA B -13, -2, STN
SEA K -20, SHK, SHK (6BBB seems guaranteed)
SEB A +2, -, -
SEB B -2, STN, STN
SEB K -10, STN, STN
VE K -16, KND, KND

Another + frame with SEB A, that's cute! Doh, SEA B is -13 now? I guess with the supposed lesser tracking, SEA B really did take a nerf if its block frames are now on par with the 3 transition. 236B has 1 or 2 more - frames now, hmm...

Somewhat unrelated: I checked the new wiki though and I noticed that SC4 vanilla SEA B is -14 now? And 3B is also -14? Argh nothing's making sense, I swear something's changed. 3 was 0 so that Prep A would be i13, SEA was +2 so that Prep A would be i11 and thus trade with Amy's 6B. 4B/4 on the wiki is listed as -14/-1 respectively though, so that still makes sense. And I can no longer access Kolhell's old data...

Another + frame with SEB A, that's cute! Doh, SEA B is -13 now? I guess with the supposed lesser tracking, SEA B really did take a nerf if its block frames are now on par with the 3 transition. 236B has 1 or 2 more - frames now, hmm...

Somewhat unrelated: I checked the new wiki though and I noticed that SC4 vanilla SEA B is -14 now? And 3B is also -14? Argh nothing's making sense, I swear something's changed. 3 was 0 so that Prep A would be i13, SEA was +2 so that Prep A would be i11 and thus trade with Amy's 6B. 4B/4 on the wiki is listed as -14/-1 respectively though, so that still makes sense. And I can no longer access Kolhell's old data...

my friend... -14 is what 3B has always been. 3 is a decent transition to prep.. but if you just 3B to neutral then yes it is -14. There is no correlation between a move's transition to prep frames to their neutral block frames.

Anyways .. to remain optimistic.. here are some small buffs i noticed (assuming that miko's frame data is correct)

1.BB is now +1 on hit instead of -2

but it's a tough pill to swallow when you're hearing about characters with 100+ damage combos and you're left with 90% nerfs and 10% buffs.

if you want

i can re-look shen riis data and change it back

Never mind, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...

Anyway, just got the game today, gonna play around with it a bit.
-4A+B on JI still does an automatic attack from what I've seen
-A+K teleport invincibility frames seem to either activate a few frames earlier (maybe i15), and/or they last longer (until i23)
-B+G throw does 42 damage, but can wall splat to 50 + additional attacks, best I've found is 11B for 81 dmg, 3 combo is possible for 117 but it has to be at MAX range

? - A+BA looks like it's counted as NC if you look at the damage counter alone + the yellow/blue numbers in training mode, but the second hit can still be blocked...

argh i posted wrong.. in sc4 .. CH 33B is already 0 so its not a buff in SCBD.

raph was to strong in general!

prep was unbeatable!!!!11!!1!

in BD just play hilde she got buffed

Looks like 44B got nerfed.

The move will not give the attack throw animation unless the very hilt of Raphael's sword actually connects with the opponent. Even if the sword goes in deep, it'll just refuse to attack throw unless the hilt of the sword touches the opponent.

But they did buff the damage a little on regular hit........

Hudathan...I am SO sorry!

Back