[BD] Rock

A+G(W!) to 2A_B+G (back throw) is now 122 dmg instead of 90+

LOL. Two of those and they're dead. Rock'll be scary good near walls now.

Speaking of walls, can somebody check the damage out of the 6K->wallsplat->crouch throw? Or rather, does 6K still wallsplat?

They do not scale, and their break window is the same:

I did the following in succession-

6K CH (24), 3A+G (face up feet towards) (10), 1B+G (facedown headtowards) (20), 3A+G (face down legs towards) (30), 1B+G (20), 3A+G (30), 1B+G (20), 3A+G (30) ect.

6B+K (Brave Hero CH), 3A+G, B+K, 1B+G, 3B+G- 114 dmg

Oh yeah and 6k wall splats still.

yayyyyy rock

for some reason ground throw damage doesnt scale after some moves, and scales after others.
i need to do some test, all seems dependent from techs and if the move let you tech.

for some reason ground throw damage doesnt scale after 6k ch and after a ground throw combo starter (i mean, you don't do anything before that, B+K included), but it does after every other move, including a combo that ends with 6k or with a ground throw.

Throw damage only scales if there is a STUN in the sequence. After the stun, the next move does 100% damage before it begins scaling.

So I guess it has been concluded that ground throws do in fact still scale in BD. However, the extra damage from the throws, especially with the face down properties (if confirmed) help solve the problem of why Rock was "low tier." (whatever that means)

I find 3A+G wall splat to be a BAD thing. This means that it puts the opponent into stun, and thus allows for damage scaling. A tone down for Rock's strongest ground throw. Still, a necessary one I guess.

Throw damage only scales if there is a STUN in the sequence. After the stun, the next move does 100% damage before it begins scaling.

oh ok, now it's all much clearer.
so moves like 3B into 1B+G does scale damage because there's a stun, and stuff like 4A does not cause there isn't.

anyway after 3b hits you can always wait a little more and make the opponent try to tech, resulting in a not-scaled loop...dunno if this works out of pratice mode.

Got to play today. Rock is about a billion times better.

The horizontal distance on his ground throws has been increased so much. ROs all over the place. However, 2B+G combos will have to change. You can't hit 2B+G, 8B; you can hit 2B+G, 9B, but nothing else. 1B+G, 22B is completely gone, maybe 3A+G, 22B as well, but I didn't test it much. However, you can hit 9B after if you really need damage. Should try 1A and 6B+K as well to compare damage.

3A+B wallsplat is weird. I only got it once, because it seems like it only happens at angles. If their back is to the wall you don't get the splat, but if they're angled you get a really low splat, so I don't think you can get a CT out of it. Meh.

2A+K is HUGE now. The fact that you can choose between 4 different ground throws will make it so much better for mixups. Instead of always spamming B, they have to worry about 3A+G, and if they're spamming they're not going to get out. However, it's much more confusing to use and I don't quite have the hang of it. But a major buff.

Looping throws works very well now, way more damage. However, after about the 3rd 3A+G, B+K they will just get up. There's nothing you can do about it.

Rock DOOM COMBO still works. 2B+G, A+B looks like it pushes even further and is less dependent on getting the right angle (I got a 2A+B RO where I'm sure I would have needed an 8A+B in SC4).

6B+K will still whiff a lot if they're crouching. Bullrush still stands up, so you can get thrown out of it up close. :X

Also, 66K has a new sound effect, like a wolf snarl. I didn't think they could make Rock more manly, but they have. And now I want to use that move all the time. O_o

Didn't get to try the new command throw. Frankly, I just can't do it. I had a lot of trouble playing on pads, and that was with all 4 shoulder buttons. Now I have to choose very carefully which moves to pick with only 2 shoulder buttons. I've gone with A+K and B+G, but that means I have no way of doing CFA or Armour Purge reliably, which is a shame because Rock's CFA looks really good: pretty fast, looks like it has a bit of a TC, and you get a GT.

Tourney tomorrow and I'm really hoping we can get vids. I'm loving new Rock.

I have not been able to type properly at all this week. What the hell.
Not Rock directly, but Kratos looks very strong. However, Rock gets free CTs after all of his flying combos, you just need to step the right way to avoid the GC or you won't recover in time. His flying kick is super lame, though, and makes him hard to keep down because he can use it to avoid a lot of mixups, since it has a TJ and a huge backstep, which will avoid 2A+K, throws, 6K, 3B, etc. If he whiffs or you block you can get a CT.

I you bind A+K to a trigger, you can press Triangle and trigger. Likewise, if you bind K to trigger (like me), you can press Square plus Triangle with your thumb and hit the trigger for the K (circle). Finally, if you bind trigger with B+G, you can press trigger, trigger for kick, and square/A to get CF.

They may be getting up from B+K simply because you can't have two stuns in the same combo. If they try to tech and B+K catches them, it should reset the ground loops forever so long as they keep teching.

You'll have to pay attention to the stuns then, and just go for another ground throw or sneak in a 1K.

I have A+K bound and I try A+K + B, but it doesn't work. The only way I can do it is by hitting both shoulder buttons at the same time, but I find it really hard to time and only get it out once in 10, the other being standing B+G or an A from the A+K. It's not worth the gamble yet. I'll practise more tomorrow before the tourney, but if I still can't get it then I'll have to play without any of the fancy new stuff. :x

Rock gets a guaranteed groundthrow if he GIs TJ-Attacks. CT as techtrap possible.
Parry CT/GT-mixups now work properly.

they can move just as they hit the ground so no guaranteed ground throw, but ct will hit if they do it :D

Ok, I tested JF PT > 4B, JF PT > 6K and JF PT > throw against Taki's AA.

Rock will beat all options and the throw is uninterruptable.

Maybe her A is slower but I don't really know about her frame data in BD, but I'm taking the basis as almost every SC, her A is the best or tied to the best (Xianghua in some cases) .

I just wanted to comment on the awsomness of 2A+K again with some new finds. Let's see:

2A+K-> Head towards GT
2A+K-> (delay) feettowards GT
2A+K,RCC 1K,-> GT
2A+K->(delay) CT/4A+B as techtrap

They only nerfed guaranteed followups like 6B+K

EDIT: It seems like 2A+K has been made a little unsafer.

yes that sucks.

Maybe you have to rely on techtraps now.

JF 63214B+G -> 2A+K
JF PT -> 2A+K
1B+G -> 2A+K

I try to find some more but I dunno if I should give up my GT attempt for it.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's exactly -16

Back