Bubbles

Oooh, haha, I see that I totally misunderstood what the poster meant by unblockables.

A gimmicky setup I have is laying out bubble swarm- 4AA to pull them into the bubbles as they are being guard broken. I actually think you lose the adv. you otherwise would have had from the 4AA, but hey, free damage, lol.

What I found works at times is 4[A+B], 22*88A+B, you step and the bubble opposite the side you step to hovers behind the opponent. You can then try a far-range mixup or A+K~teleport and keep the opponent guessing...
It's just there are certain characters Bubbles are not good against, Cervy being a big one, although you can try to bubble spam and hope the opponent doesn't GI them, then try to predict Cervy's 4[B+K] and nail him with a BT B+K...
Getting your bubbles GI'd is the last thing you want to happen, it stops Algol's pressure game and hands the "turn" over to your opponent... So spamming bubbles even effectively is not the smartest thing to do against incredible GI prone opponents... Often a 3G~GI will parry your bubbles and the attack you use to mixup so it's mostly a distance game as bubbles gain frame advantage with time...

22_88A+B seems to be best if your facing another Algol bubble spamming. It'll sidestep most of em and often catch em.

spongebob, I have to disagree with you on that one. 22_88A+B has terrible recovery, so if you do it you're opening yourself up to getting punished by having the other Algol teleport behind you.

I know I'm gonna sound like a scrub for saying this, but I still have problems running up and GI'ing 4[A+B]. I guess you have to run up and hit neutral before you can GI. This makes it difficult because I have problems making my character step forward the appropriate distance to where I can GI as soon as my character hits neutral.

Is there an easier way to do this?

yes the bubble master is here

4(A+B) delay 22A+B is almost %100 safe

2A+B can be stepped left

4B (A+B) (hit) 1B combo's at certain ranges

yes the bubble master is here

4(A+B) delay 22A+B is almost %100 safe

2A+B can be stepped left

4B (A+B) (hit) 1B combo's at certain ranges

I dont understand what your saying, also if you do 1A at the time that a person is blocking a bubble that should be unblockable considering you cant block low and mid at the same time and if they try to GI the low or the mid one is going to hit unless you can block bubble from crouch like a special mid but im pretty sure that doesnt work, correct?

best way to deal with 4[A+B] is usually to just do an attack that doesn't extend your hitbox much to the sides and smack him through the bubbles for trying anything. doesn't work at close range but still good way to deal with it. dont forget you can 8WR around them too

I dont understand what your saying, also if you do 1A at the time that a person is blocking a bubble that should be unblockable considering you cant block low and mid at the same time and if they try to GI the low or the mid one is going to hit unless you can block bubble from crouch like a special mid but im pretty sure that doesnt work, correct?

Bubbles are special mids so 1a won't be unblockable i think.

when the A+B hits 1B combos

Back