Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

^ This. i am SOOOOO freaking tired of seeing this. to add to that list:

WARNING - GIANT RANTING WALL OF TEXT

Galil suppressor - this seems to be standard issue online now...
AK47/Commando supressor - just another alternative to the galil
AK74u - seems to be a clan favorite...
L96A1 - 1 of the only 2 snipers anybody ever uses, the other being the psg
SPAS-12 suppressor - i just don't like this gun period. probably the only gun i actually dont like.
spectre rapid fire - the only bullet hose i ever see. seems like even the mpl went outta style.

does anybody use anything other than this? UGH! it's not that i have a hatred for any of these weapons at all, its just i'm so tired of seeing the same guns OVER and OVER again. why can't you pick the gun YOU like instead of picking the gun because every1 else uses it...>.< GRR!!!

another thing i didn't quite like about black ops was that there wasn't really much of a difference between the guns at all. i'm not going to really make a big thing about the realism - its CoD, if i wanted a realistic shooter, this wouldn't be it for me. there wasnt hardly even any variation in gun design in Black ops. for example:

Most AR's in black ops have a fire rate of 750 RPM and kill in 3-4 shots outside of hardcore mode. the exceptions are the aug and the famas, which fire at roughly 940RPM, and the burst firing/semi auto rifles, which obviously don't fire full auto, but tend to kill in 1-2 shots/bursts. and because of this, all AR's pretty much handle the same, even though they have their own unique kick direction (Galil kicks right, AK kicks up)

Most SMG's have a fire rate of 750 or 940RPM. they all kill in 3-5 shots. the only real weapons that even stand out in this category are the AK 74u, the skorpion and the uzi. AK 74u because its a mini assault rifle, and handles alright at mid range. skorpion because its incredibly accurate, and kills in 2 shots within effective range, and the uzi because it's very difficult to control when aiming down the sights.

ALL of the shotguns have the same range, and do the same damage. the only differences are clip size, fire rate and attachments. no wonder people only use the spas.

And well all the LMG's are unique, but sadly i'm alone in my plight since i seem to be the only guy that uses them. HOWEVER what i love about the lmg's is the fact that they aren't just a rehashed version of the same gun, although they do all kill in 3 shots:

HK21 - the basic lmg. pretty accurate, but nothing special about it. good solid gun with no particularily strong kick

RPK - good solid smg that bucks straight up, but has great horizontal control. has a selection of attachments unique to this particular lmg, and has the unique attribute of getting a substantial increase in accuracy when firing from prone position.

M60 - the big gun that fire's big bullets and lots of em. bucks around alot if fired full auto, and has a somewhat low rate of fire (535rpm) but its the only LMG that can kill in 2 shots at mid range.

Stoner - think of it as a really, REALLY big assault rifle, and thats exactly how it handles. substantial fire rate (940 RPM) makes it good for CQC, and its quicker to aim than all the other LMG's. not bad in the accuracy department either, despite being a bullet hose.

And all the snipers were different too. sadly however only the psg and l96 are used because they kill in one shot. people who use those guns are also the biggest source of complaint about perks like second chance. to those guys i say if you got the headshot in the 1st place, you wouldn't have to waste another bullet. 2nd you dont see me complaining about how unrealistic it is to see a guy running around in close quarters with a sniper rifle quick scoping people. now, as my analysis continues:

Dragonov - your basic sniper. fair amount of kick, but nothing excessive. kills in 2 body shots.
WA2000 - an incredibly accurate sniper. this thing can go toe to toe with a battle rifle like the m14 or FN FAL and win. however nobody uses it because it kills in 2 body shots, not 1.
L96A1 - probably the most overused sniper in all of black ops. a bolt action rifle that kills in 1 body shot. its a shame too, i really like bolt action rifles, like the mosin nagant. they just have that certain charm to them, this gun not included...
PSG - same as the l96, semi auto. handles like a dragonov, but with nearly uncontrollable kick if fired quickly.

I realize this isn't WAW, but the game needs more bolt action rifles. and instead of having all this silly nonsense of quick scoping, why not just include the ability to have iron sights as an attachment. i'd love to take a scopeless bolt action rifle into combat for mid-long range, even if just for the novelty.

pistols are basically all the exactly the same gun with the exception of the python, which kills in 2 shots and is the quickest pistol to draw (they musta been thinkin of the wild west when they made this gun ;) ). there are no differences in damage or anything, just attachments and clip size. the exception being the ASP, which reloads and fires the fastest out of all pistols. i would definately like to see more variation here.

special weapons - there's only 2, and they're both unique. however, there's not much too the crossbow or the ballistic knife. no detail or nothin. i couldn't even put a scope or an acog on my crossbow if i wanted too...

The game needs to increase variation in all of these areas. not all AR's and smg's fire the same. AR's can fire on average from anywhere between 500RPM to 900RPM on the extreme end, lets see that reflect in the weapons. same with SMG's. can't really compain about the stopping power since a bullet kills in one shot. if nothing else i'd at least like to see the incorporation of fire selectors.

now onto the perks:

Blue perks - all of these are extremely useful and powerful, as they should be, being tier one perks. and i love all of these perks with the exception of ghost...

i can understand the invisibility to spy planes and attack helicopters, but to a sentry gun? whats up with that? also whats the deal with invisibility to infrared scopes? and yet you can spot people using ghost on a blackbird, which also uses infrared? doesn't anybody see something wrong with that? or is it just me? other than that i pretty much just hate this perk because it's overused. but don't get me wrong, its a great perk.

Yellow perks - there are a few useless and situational perks in this category. they're not bad, but they could use some remodeling:

Sleight of Hand is probably the most overpowered perk in this category. wonderful perk, reload crazy fast, and aim faster. could probably be broken up into 2 seperate perks tbh, but this is one of the best perks in the game. extremely overused though...i even use it myself sometimes...=/

hardened - good, solid tier 2 perk. helps kill guys who like to take cover. the bullet penetration is noticable, but the pro version of this perk needs improvement, as the reduction to flinching from bullet stun isn't nearly enough to be effective. maybe give it the quick aiming from sleight of hand or something instead.

warlord - self explanitory. need more ammo and wanna be stealthy? wanna spam grenades? this is your perk.

steady aim - not a very useful perk, since most weapons are accurate enough at ranges where you would spray them down the hip anyways. pretty much, this is out there for that special some1 who likes the balistic knife, and thats it.

scout - probably the most useless perk in the game. not even all that special or useful in sniping(i don't see why you'd need to hold your breath for THAT long to get an accurate shot off.) pro version lets u switch weapons faster. big deal.

green perks - these are all useful and beneficial. they can protect you from breaching, help u with breaching, and they can provide that little bit of defense against quick scopers.

explosives - this was done ok i guess...but it needed a bit more thought imo:

c4 - this stuff is pretty stable. it doesnt explode due to gunshot, and it's flame resistant. yet u can blow it up with bullets in CoD. also, who the hell runs around throwing C4 at people?

claymores - 1) they're severely underpowered. 2) i really doubt that a claymore mine is able to distinguish between friendlies and enemies...

even if you did survive, wouldnt the shock of an explosion knock you off your feet?

please, PLEASE use real WWII weapons in WWII zombies maps...dont give us fake counterparts with a handful of real WWII guns...

and after adressing everywhere that in my opinion black ops had its short comings, i'll finish it off with the fact that trey arc needs to improve their netcode, or their servers, to reduce lag. it's a fairly noticable thing, even in a shooter(and especially while sniping and knifing)

now with all that said. black ops was still a meh ok game. trey arc did a good job of fixing all of the major things that really needed to be fixed, and the game its self is fairly entertaining at times. even the campaign wasn't too bad, it had some good moments despite being kinda linear. but its a shooter, not an rpg, so i guess i have to be satisfied with it.

hopefully MW3 will prove to be a shooter that contains a bit more variety than black ops tho...and bring back co-op campaign!

great great post. Have you tried the new express playlist? It has no ghost or second chance so that takes care of the two annoyances of yours. It's pretty laughable too when you die and you watch a killcam and you see that someone was trying to use ghost and second chance lol bad kids can never get away from those perks. I love this playlist, it's really fast paced and my type of playstyle, though you might get raped if you play with randoms cause alot of parties play in there so Id suggest to anyone run the game mode with a party of at least 4

Spas suppressed was my favorite shotgun for a decent amount of time but I was doing one of the stakeout contracts and I find it to be much much better (for me of course, to each their own), and since then replaced my spas class with my stakeout class.

I agree with you that SoH stuff needs to be broken down to two perks. I disagree about the usefulness of hardened pro though, I believe you underestimate it. I used to use SoH exclusively (scout pro for my sniper class though), but now I prefer hardened pro. I only have SoH pro in my stakeout and PM63 class and in whichever demo class I make, primarily because I like to rush the enemy spawn in that game so I'd like to be as quick as possible. My favorite class right now is Aug w/ dual mags, flak jacket pro + hardened pro + tac mask pro. Really once you get a general idea of how the game works and where the spawns and high traffic areas are (I was terrible at this game until I realized how this works, and I didnt realize this for a longgggg time) hardened pro is better than SoH pro imo.

I use the m60 as my troll class :awesome:

Ive NEVER ever equipped the 74u (unless I pick it up from running out of ammo). From the start when I heard how broken it was I simply refused to sink to the level of douches who use it and carried on to this day. I don't see much 74u users running around these days anymore though.

I don't see many spectre users either. I don't like the gun anyway, ADS it takes up too much of the screen for my taste. I prefer MPL rapid fire and PM63 extendos over it, gosh PM63 is a sexy beast.

Also, lol at quickscopers, I welcome them because they're free kills for me.

Do you play on the 360 or ps3? I run it on the 360 and I'd like to play with you sometime (if you still play).

I can't believe Treyarch are trying to fit in yet another Map Pack - only 2 months before MW3. I think that's a bit cheeky. And plus rumours are going around that they have already started making Black Ops 2 - let's hope not!

My only problem with warlord was that I couldn't put flamethrower with ACOG sight on my M16, or perhaps put the underbarrel shotgun with it... sigh, I wish I could have like in MW2, then I would have loved it a lot moar!!

Hope I could put underbarrel + optic sight + supressor on a weapon (like MW2 campaign M4A1) then that will be awesome!!

I will be mad if there is no Bling perk.

I honestly hope this game is broken to hell. That is what makes MW2 so much fun, you can do a million things and go crazy. The laws of physics and common sense do not apply in CoD anyway, they might as well jump the shark and go all the way. I want to see dogs and helicopters running around while nukes go off and people run 300 miles per hour knifing from 30 feet away. I want to duel wield RCP-90s and aim at an enemy's feet and get a head shot like in MW2, which is an awesome game because it makes no sense and runs with it.

lol you're right...i shoulda just posted that link instead XD it woulda saved me 4 hours...
Do you play on the 360 or ps3? I run it on the 360 and I'd like to play with you sometime (if you still play).
i play it on 360 with my old highschool friends to kill time. but i'm more of a calibur player than i am a CoD player, so expect that to take priority.
People use the same guns because most of the weapons in each category are incredibly similar, except one is just better. This is what happens when a game has a kill time of 3 bullets, where the gun that takes less bullets to kill and is more accurate than the others is the most important. Why would I ever use a sniper that kills in 2 bullets when there is a sniper that kills in one? I guess if I like to lose...
yea but...none of the guns are really better than the other - the only guns that actually stand out are the FAMAS and the AUG for their high fire rates. all AR's (excluding suppressor attachments) take 3-4 shots to kill based on effective range, and all AR's except the m16 have the same effective range. and you wouldn't have to worry about a sniper killing in 2 shots if A) you got the headshot, or B) u use the WA2000, because the recoil is next to nothing, and it can be fired very quickly.

oh and for those of you who like features like zombies... JUST GO FUCKING PLAY THE GAMES WITH THOSE IN THEM. Nothing's stopping you!
obviously we will, its just as MW3 gets more popular less and less people will play zombies online, so its harder to find 3 other players. Im not annoyed or anything that there wont be zombies in MW3

battlefield-vs-mw3-gamescom.jpg

OP updated with new info, including:

-Perk list
-Weapons list
-Point streak list

Back