Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comment wasn't aimed at suggestions, those are fine... I was referring more to the statements like Fuzzivikings and others like "Tira lost when a scrub was using her in that one vid at TGS by a guy who's prob never played her before, this is a problem, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional..."
Seeing as Namco's trying to get new people to have fun/win by mashing buttons, there's a bit of a problem with Tira. Even if she sucks, I'll use her, but probably not as much as I'd like to.
Anyone else seen Tira's CE yet? Just letting you know, her Jolly Mode CE is bitchin'.
It's the same CE for both states, however, if you end in Gloomy, she does another hit for major damage.
I have to say, I love your signature.

I loved Tira in 3. I didn't really master her, but she was fun to play with. In 4 I played with her but I couldn't really get into her. I didn't think she was as FUN to play with. But after watching her CE I think she'll be plenty fun.

TBH I think all of you with the wait and see attitude are going to drive tira into bottom tier again. For the third time in a row. She has been low tier every time. Excuse me if loses left and right with little to no wins is worrisome. Tira obviously needs help because if no one knows what they are doing, and it isn't the same person behind tira each time, and she is still losing every single time to everyone she needs some help.

until I can get my hands on a demo I won't be able to tell you exactly where, but I think warning daishi about this is the first step in my twelve step program to make tira at LEAST mid tier.

i agree with you fuzzieviking that things do need to be sorted out sooner rather than later and they really need to be informed that we want more things for her than we have seen to make her fair against other characters
i know other people will say something to me now,but tira is a special character and she deserves to be mid tier but id say better than that to be honest

i know the people playing on these videos dont really know what they are doing and it is still early in the game,but these videos still have something valid to show and say in them i think its rather daft to totally dismiss them and just say its only a demo etc and do nothing
and the message the videos are saying despite her buffs we have seen tira needs to be fixed or she will end up low tier again which is not what her or any character should be like anymore,if she stayed as current she woudnt just be low tier but criplled and would be awkward still making her worse than that,in SC4 she would still be low tier even without things like self damage she is way crippled,i dont want the self damge to go because its what makes her but im just using it as a reference
just aslong as her style is not simplified on purpose and it is still like tira

yeah lets just let it drop then,and see what they do with her,wait a while if we want to get some things across
heh yeah i think her while rising B counter should still be there too

TBH I think all of you with the wait and see attitude are going to drive tira into bottom tier again. For the third time in a row. She has been low tier every time. Excuse me if loses left and right with little to no wins is worrisome. Tira obviously needs help because if no one knows what they are doing, and it isn't the same person behind tira each time, and she is still losing every single time to everyone she needs some help.

until I can get my hands on a demo I won't be able to tell you exactly where, but I think warning daishi about this is the first step in my twelve step program to make tira at LEAST mid tier.
I'll say this. If Tira ends up being one of the absolute worst again, then so be it. There's more to a fighting game than tiers.

A character being low tier doesnt really mean anything unless the game is unbalanced. This may sound a little confusing, but what I mean is like take a game like blazblue. With enough knowledge of the game even tager can beat the shit out of people. Tager actually won a tournament in japan once before in cs2. If tira is low tier, it doesn't mean she can't win at all at the highest level of play. She can have alot of great tools but still can be low tier. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it seems like with the buffs she got she has the ability to win a major, if the player is good enough. But as I said it is just a speculation, so I don't know for sure.

this was such a pointless argument lol. and i cant seem to convince anyone that she looks fine and will play nicely.

LOL same here, but its not about convincing people. Its about being able to express our opinion. I don't like speaking through just random thoughts, I try to speak my mind with the knowledge I have of the character and playing her in competitive offline play.

There's no way to know for sure how she'll play. We're poking at areas that we'd like adjusting, so..
over videos you've watched?
did you also get the frame data of all her moves as well?
have you seen all her moves?
have you seen every combo possible?

so stop judging a character that is still being developed.

over videos you've watched?
did you also get the frame data of all her moves as well?
have you seen all her moves?
have you seen every combo possible?

so stop judging a character that is still being developed.

No one knows any of that information. Judging from her gameplay, she still has similar combos from sc4, and her frames are still unknown. Some of it we can assume like what gives advantage, like 22B GB still looks like it does. Nothing else is exactly known.

No one knows any of that information. Judging from her gameplay, she still has similar combos from sc4, and her frames are still unknown. Some of it we can assume like what gives advantage, like 22B GB still looks like it does. Nothing else is exactly known.

i know, im just saying that people are underestimating how tira will be like once the game is finished. some moves from both sides have been switched(e.g. GS 44B is in JS not a great thing), which will introduce new combos. people are saying she needs more advantage frames and whatever, but we dont even know her frames for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back