Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could shake JS 4K's self-stun 100% of the time in SC4. You just can't in 5.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb that you can't shake out the self-stun IMO. There are a few other changes I don't like, but overall I'm still liking Tira in this game. Just wish Jolly was more useful considering Gloomy is STILL no ABA Moroha mode.

For me JS should be used for zoning and spacing. But it hasnt been executed well in this game. Or im just wrong. Theyre probably going to give Tira one mood in SC6.

jolly mode is complete crap. i dare you play someone good using a good character and take them down to half health in jolly if you can do that then your the best ever. They need to make jolly better or remove it completely and get rid of self damage that stuff is lame as well makes very very hard for a comeback win with tira

I can play entire games without switching to GS. If you don't like it I advise you to pick a different character, JS has loads of utility and counters, has more reach and allows for more mind games. Playing GS is pretty straightforward compared to JS.

Tira is a difficult character because you have to manage her moods and manage her health along with the regular stuff the other characters have. These traits make her unique and I won't buy the game in which they remove jolly and self injury from her gameplay. You have 25 other characters to choose from if you don't like this

Theyre probably going to give Tira one mood in SC6.
God I hope not. The mood switching makes her the most unique character I've come across in any fighting game, not to mention it's an interesting character trait.

I honestly don't get the need to make the game more beginner friendly. What I loved about SC4 was that it wasn't hard to get into but had a lot of depth once you dug a little deeper. There was a good range of "character difficulty" before, they didn't need to simplify the more complex ones so drastically.

Doesn't Jolly just have awful frames on everything? I can't seem to do anything with Jolly against anybody that has a clue about frame data(or the tougher AI for that matter v_v ), but Gloomy seems so much safer...Self-inflicted damage notwithstanding at least.

Against foes closer to my own crappily low level it seems like Jolly is just as effective as Gloomy, but yeah...

I agree with vodka and Suu Jolly is awesome, if you don't like it then choose a different char instead of whining about it.

I think 'awesome' is a little strong to describe jolly. The moves are slower, do less damage, and don't have any break attacks except for updraft~B. Jolly has tools, especially with meter, but I'd still rather spend most of my games in gloomy

I actually like Jolly. The wall combo 3B 44K B+K.B.A+B 22B 2K (if A+B changes, 22B 66B) is amazing. Gloomy's only good wall combo I know of is 66A 3B 66(B), which is uncommon.

Dude, GROSS! When you do Gloomy 4B:B, Tira's neck get's all buggy and super skinny/disappears.

It's harder to see it on the 1P/2P 'cause they both conveniently have neckwear, but it still does happen to them.

i love tira but jolly is crap against anyone who can block and knows frames. good luck beating good players in jolly tho if your on xbox i would love to see this. becuase i played 45games and was destroyed in jolly every time and gloomy was only way i could even get a hit off.

granted im not the best tira player vodka can probally tell you, but i have yet to see any tira win a game in jolly

Are we seriously going back to the SC4 "Tiras js is crap" again? Come on guys..... If you think js is bad in this game go play SC4.

Seriously, though, I usually have no problem winning with js. I like it because I can zone and space myself and combo into gloomy combos. Just because some of her moves don't have the best of frames doesn't mean its bad. You just have to know what move to do when and smartly.

Edit:
When I say I usually have no problem winning with js I mean against players that are at on the same level as me.

i cant for the life of me zone and space xiba natsu nightmare astroth rapheal mits. give me tips then i guess if you can easily zone these characters.

this sounds more like you have not played enough against these characters, though I admit Nightmare and Mitsurugi are tough matchups. when I play against Xiba i do prefer to stay in JS because it has longer reach.

I frickin' love Jolly! I mean, sure, I do better in Gloomy, no doubt, but Jolly's not THAT bad.

My new favorite Tira combo: Jolly 44A.A ~ 66bA+B+K ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B BE. 111 damage. Oh, baby.
It's guaranteed, unless the 44A.A is done at the second A's tip range. Does 105 damage if you're a little late with the GL BT B+K and you stun them on the ground.

I know 4K has a wonderful pushback on block, but I wouldn't really recommend spacing in either state.

At least with my playstyle, Tira's so much better when she's right in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back