CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Results

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships were this weekend! We were also fortunate enough to have Katsuhiro Harada, fighting game directory of Namco Bandai in the audience. Harada-san presented the top 3 with a medal to wear around their neck, and also a Hori joystick. CEO 2012 is already in the works and SC5 is guaranteed to be on the docket!
  • 1st - RTD (The Apprentice)
  • 2nd - Suirad (Sophitia, Astaroth)
  • 3rd - Enkindu (Voldo)
  • 4th - LuigiPR (Voldo)
  • 5th - Death In My Eyes (Nightmare)
  • 5th - Killa6 (Setsuka)
First and foremost, thank you to Alex Jebailey for allowing us the honor of running a SC4 event at CEO. The level of competition that showed up was by far the best Florida has ever experienced.

Link to the Final Top 4 stream replay
SC4 Pre-Match Hype MammothMan Vs DIME
SC4 Pre-Match Hype Gharabad the Weak Vs DIME
SC4 Casual Laswagga Vs Suirad
SC4 Tourney RTD (App) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM)?
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs Longshot (Sophie)
SC4 Tourney AlpazarBPM (Sieg) Vs TheDandyCage (Maxi)
SC4 Tourney Killa6 (Sets) Vs ShadowZero (Cass)
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Blackstar (Xiang)
SC4 Tourney Dr Hat (Sophie/Maxi) Vs MammothMan (NM)
SC4 Tourney RTD (Apprentice) Vs BrianKun (Yun)?
SC4 Tourney MammothMan (NM) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM) - Cam dies here but DIME wins.?
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Yimaxi (Mitsu)
SC4 Tourney RTD (App) Vs DeathInMyEyes (Nightmare)
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs LuigiPR (Voldo)
SC4 Tourney Suirad (Sophie) Vs Mr Cox (Kilik)
SC4 Tourney Gharabad The Weak (Voldo) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM)?
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs Longshot (Sophie)?
SC4 Tourney LuigiPR (Voldo) Vs TheDandyCage (maxi)
SC4 Tourney Killa6 (Setsuka) Vs Suirad (Sophie)?
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Suirad (Astaroth) - Winners Semis

I've got 28 videos that I'm going to be uploading later today after I get some well needed sleep. I think I slept a total of 6 hours this weekend.

I just watched the replay of the stream and I have to say ROFLMAO @ "that screaming lady is annoying" /becky we were so hype. I'm so glad you were able to make it to watch the finals with us. It definately wouldn't have been that hype without you.

When Sp00ky shut off the stream, Harada was putting medals on the top 3 and giving them a joystick. 3rd place got a PS3 Hori wireless stick, 2nd place got a Hori HRAP v3, and 1st place got a VLX stick. I'm so envious. I want one of those!

Can't hate on sp00ky for not commentating well in Calibur. It wouldn't have even been there if it weren't for myself, and Crimson so I'm satisfied with the way it turned out. I thought sp00ky did a good job commentating after Suirad gave him a little bit of the character mechanics. WE MADE THAT SHIT SO HYPE lol. I wish there were more of these so I could get back into it again but with virtually no local offline scene I think this will be the last SC4 tourney my watered down self will compete in.

DIME, you are a true friend. I can't wait to see the damage you'll do in SC5 when it comes out. If you do decide to drive to DEV I wish you the best of luck and you'll no doubt impress everyone with your skills. You're so good at adapting and executing and punishing on reaction.
I really hope Crimson is ok. I haven't heard anything from him since Friday night.

Shoutouts to Robert for not being intimidated by Becky's good lucks and challanging her to a match for her phone number and WINNING. You are too godlike for only being 16 years old. Play SC5 when it comes out. You are pretty good at 4 despite what you think. YOU BEAT BECKY AND GOT HER PHONE NUMBER. I hope you're trying to call her right this second.

Roy, you are such a cool guy I wish I lived in A-Dale so we could chill more. I wonder if DIME knows how lucky he is to have great friends like you, Rob, and Kitz. If he doesn't, I'll have to remind him next time I see him. Take care, friend! Send me a friend request on XBL!

Kitz, you are such a fucking troll! I couldn't help laughing at you. I'm supposed to be mature about stuff because I'm an adult, but damn if you're not a funny motherfucker. Trolling online with the 2bar hotel connection while you talked shit to the people we were playing through the headset was too much fun.
Thank you DIME, Robert, Roy, and Kitz for allowing me the great pleasure of staying with you this weekend. I hope I wasn't too much of a pain.

LuigiPR, Luis, it was really good to see you again. We haven't really hung out since we use to play SC3 and SC2 in those days. Could you imagine the damage we'd have donein the tourney if we had been practicing like we use to? Good games repping that Voldo. Hope to see you again soon, but we can always talk on Windows Live or something.
The Dandy Cage, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I did tell you about this website so hopefully you'll follow through and check it out. Anywho, it was nice meeting you. Repping Maxi is an uphill battle in SC4 and you did some really good stuff with him. I hope to see you again in the future.

IceColdEdge, I haven't seen you in years! Thank you so much for coming out and joining the Calibur tourney. You were all over peoples radar when we found out you were coming. You're in the same boat I am though. You love the game, but don't really have anyone to play with so your skills diminish. I know you could've done better than this so I hope nobody holds these results against you.

RTD, ahhhhhh, why are you so solid? I know Apprentice has alot fo unsafe stuff, but come on! SO MANY BB's lol. I had almost gotten my timing back for GI'ing by the time our match was over. Wish our scene had someone like you to play with on a regular basis. I know we'd get much better from it. Congrats on winning the tourney. Thank you so much for coming out. I hope it was worth it for you.

MammothMan, I hope you had a great time. Thank you so much for coming out. I wish you were able to come back and watch the finals with us. IT WAS SO HYPE (see replay link). It's people like you that make playing the game fun. I hope we see you again sometime. Take care, brother.

Aceunlimited, nice meeting you. It was so funny when I recognised your name from playing you on PS3 those random times. You're a cool guy. Thank you for joining the tournament.

Yimaxi, hardcore to the core. I have the utmost respect for your dedication to the series. I've known you since SC2 and you were always a very solid player. I wish we were able to play more together as I think it would have helped us both to improve.

Suirad, you're my nemesis. Thank you for keeping me humble. You're a great player and I have enjoyed watching you progressively get better and better each time we meet. I wish you nothing but success in anything you do. My only wish is that you lived closer so we could play all of the time. Congrats on getting 2nd. You earned it!

Longshot, it was really nice to see you again. Last time I met you was at ATL regionals when those happened. You had the same problems alot of people had at the tourney, not practicing for a long time lol. Thank you very much for making the trip from NC to Florida. I hope you had a great time and have some great memories of this event. Hope to see you again.

Thanks, Longshot. I'm no noob to running tourneys. Glad you enjoyed it. Did you stay for the finals? I don't remember seeing you there. I'm also glad you made it back home safely. That is quite a long drive. I've done it myself quite a few times for work and a tourney. here's to hoping that sc5 will have good netcode so we can get some semi-legitimate practice.

oh yea, forgot about this tourney. Congrats folks, surprised to see Killa6 went, he stopped playin the game years ago. See u fuckers in SC5!!

Holy snap, congrats to top three. <3 you duders :3

Also werrrrrd, I didn't know RTD used Apprentice. O:

You put numbers in your gamertag. Why? WHY? Don't you know what numbers in your screen name mean? Tell him what it means DIME. I don't want to offend anyones mothers or toilets.

What? That's My Screen Name Not My Gamertag! My Gamertag Is: XxAnEpicGamerxX

It sucks I couldn't make it I couldn't find anyone to go with if I had Laswagga was going I could've rode with him. Dammit Rob why don't you ever drive man we could've split gas and hotel room vs 300$ flight. Congrats to everyone who topped I will definitely be there next year.

It means you're someone who RSVP's and doesn't show! Haha. You were one of the people I was looking forward to playing, too.
Aww, man. I know I know. I tried to change it at the last second but it was too late. Them money issues are a son of a bitch. I'll be at Summerjam though so you can beat on me there. Trust me, I'm pure trash. You're missing out on nothing.

Just got from my vacation, so I’m just catching up....

Firsrt off, I want to say special thanks to DIME, Robert, Roy, and Kitz for helping me with the theatrical aspect of The Apprentice show. It seems like people enjoyed it. Also, CEOJebailey ran an awesome tournament and Enkindu and Crimson got SC4 on the map for CEO. We’re already looking forward to attending CEO 2012 for SC5. As you guys see as TOs, there is an untapped community here with a lot of talent and hype to boot.

I met a lot of people so I know that I’ll miss a few peps in the shout outs but props to you anyway!

KTD, it’s only a matter of time. Harada’s Real Arcade Pro: EX Premium VLX will be your weapon of choice. Now go and destoy my son. :sc2ass2:

Krit, yep...Oof became a family man and I claimed The Apprentice at that point :)

Oof: Mission 2 completed. What is thy next bidding master?

Malek, http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/devastation-2k11-mms-hype-thread.6649/page-9#post-245941

Omega, The SC3 National champion. I’d only suspect that you’d dominate the scene post Hilde/Algo. We saw the damage that LuigiG did so it’ll be interesting to see if we can overcome a player of your skill level once you jump on the scene.

Robert, shoutout to you for having my name and hitting on girls you dog you.

Death In My Eyes, You know that I didn’t want to play you first but I’m glad that I did before you realized how to win that match up. I can tell that you truly love the game and that I’d like to play you online some. People are going to want to see our rematch, so try to make it out to Dev. Youth is on your side, so go and show the world who you are.

Kitz, thank you for being involved and recording some matches. I’m glad that you were there to keep things hype.

LuigiPR, When you told me that Omega sent you, I was like oh shit, this guy is legit. Your Voldo is to be feared and I knew that you would do well. When you played Suirad, I know that all you had to do was finish your combo to take that round. But it’s alright because I know that we’ll see you more and hang out at some more tournaments. I’d like to see who you plan on playing since you play a lot of characters competitively.

IceColdEdge, It’s good to see you. You are like me and you enjoy going to majors and watching/playing in just about every game. You haven’t played in a while but I know that you’ll pick it back up especially with SC5 coming out. What I want though is for us, Texas, JOP, EP and those guys to hook up and hang out some time man.
I’ll see you around dude.

Enkindu, It was good to see you again and I really hope that somebody somewhere has a picture of you shaking Harada’s hand because we all saw it. Also, I like they way you promoted the tournament, posted the results with footage and ran the tournament. It’s surprising that you placed having to do all of that work. But good job though. And don’t think for a second that I didn’t know that you didn’t do your home work. In fact, you recorded our match the night before and played me at about %80. I know because I’ve known you for over 10 years and I know how crafty you can be from your online play. When we played in the tournament, I saw the back turn A+B
Auto parry and the 3rd life bar punish after teching my setups. All of that was very impressive and it limited me to interrupting and stepping instead of trying to mix up. For the most part, Voldo’s most powerful moves are i16 frames plus and my B is i15 frames. Your A is i14 frames and I saw you do it a few times but it’s not a core part of your game, so that opened up my step and B game. As a Voldo enthusiasts, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Becky, it took all of my force meter to zone out your screaming. gg and keep up the hype.

MammothMan, It was good seeing you and watching you play. You make events like these fun.

Aceunlimited, we didn’t hang out much but nice to meet you. Make sure to come out more.

Yun Seung Player(wish I would’ve gotten your name), thanks for the pointers on the whole Star Wars act. It really paid off when we saw the crowd getting hype!

Suirad, I knew that you were going to be trouble after I played you at the international tournament in Denver. When you told me that you were going to Law school, I wasn’t surprised because your intelligence resonates. That’s why I wanted to get your commentary talent exposed at that tournament and it paid off because you came in like a night in shining armor to save Spooky(props to him for trying though). Also, I like the Sophitia and Astaroth combination. You have the perfect team to handle every match up in the game. Like Enkindu, I would like to see your solution to this equation that us Apprentice players hold so secretly close.

Sun, hey baby. thanks for your support :)

Longshot, it was really nice to see you again and I hope to see you guys more often. You have the experience and the right character. All you have to do is build on top of that and you’ll be placing in more tournaments like you did at ATL regionals. See you soon.

Things are picking up again with SC5 coming out. We are having SC4 majors left and right, so now is the time to show us what you got. The title awaits you all at GVN Summer Jam V and Dev. Who will be the next hier?

oh

Attachments

• shinji.jpg
    shinji.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 198
Aww, man. I know I know. I tried to change it at the last second but it was too late. Them money issues are a son of a bitch. I'll be at Summerjam though so you can beat on me there. Trust me, I'm pure trash. You're missing out on nothing.

Haha, if I make it to summerjam, that is.

Death In My Eyes, You know that I didn’t want to play you first but I’m glad that I did before you realized how to win that match up. I can tell that you truly love the game and that I’d like to play you online some. People are going to want to see our rematch, so try to make it out to Dev. Youth is on your side, so go and show the world who you are.

Oh, man. You don't even know how badly I want a rematch. I've even picked up the Apprentice temporarily just so I can learn his frame data! But thanks, RTD; you're an inspiration.

To be completely honest with you, RTD, I didn't watch those casual matches we played until after the tourney was over. I only recorded them to share them with everyone else. It wasn't to gain an edge, I swear. The only thing I really practiced a few days before the tourney was getting out of that saber toss loop since I knew from watching your matches with Ramon that you'd be using it. I also studied a little bit of how much force he uses for his moves as well. I didn't expect all those BB's and I certainly didn't expect you to be stepping 3BB like you did. I saw you did some homework yourself. It was an honor to play someone at your level. It gave me back my passion for this game.

Just want to say thank you so much guys for coming, although the number wasn't as high as other games I'll be glad to have you back next year if SCV comes out in time. Thank you for Dwayne coming in and saving the day when Crimson went MIA which I still have no idea why he never came on tournament day to run things. You guys were easy to work with and sorry I didn't have more setups but that'll definitely change for CEO 2012.
Take care everyone and until next time.

PS Congrats RTD, sorry for giving you shit with your entrance lol. I rather enjoyed it.

He's alive. I woke him up when I called at like 8:30am today. Didn't get to talk to him long, but at least he's ok. That's all I care about.

New videos posted! I mixed them in with the others so it's like an easter egg hunt. "Which ones haven't I seen yet?" Looks like you'll have to watch em all to find out!

Yun Seung Player(wish I would’ve gotten your name), thanks for the pointers on the whole Star Wars act. It really paid off when we saw the crowd getting hype!

That would be me! I'm glad you liked the suggestions I had for your act. And thanks for blowing me up in winners lol. Definitely fueled me up to start taking the game seriously again. Hope to see you again at future tournaments, it was a pleasure meeting you.

I KNEW I heard SC4 being played in CEO: heard some background SC4 music in that video where Marn falls of his chair. Lol!

And atlast, what everyone is waiting for.

1 week later after CEO. Kitz iz posting his Shoutouts.

RTD
The way you came dressed up as apprentice and won the tourney, that was sick. It's pretty cool to see that top players are really down to earth.
I got to say though man, watching you lick and suck your red lightsabre was a bit unsettling. Hm. Things just got a bit awkward now. GGS was fucking awesome to have you there for reals.

Enkindu
When I first saw you, I thought; Man, we have to spend the weekend with some weird old guy?
Turns out you're one of the wisest, most AWESOMIST old weird guy ever. Like seriously, buying us alchol? Fucking Fly like a G-6.
Also, giving me pro tips to step my Kilik game up, thanks alot man. Though, I still cant do the GB of Asura Dance.
Also, I'm pissed off at you for not getting us Mc.Donalds after CEO. GGS, and btw, if you think me trollin at the hotel was funny, you should see me on Call of Duty. Keep it Hype.

Suirad
I really really really hate Roy for coming. I mean, WE COULD HAVE SPENT THE WEEKEND AT YOUR ROOM. I fuckn hate roy and robert.
That being said. Mad respect for your aspect of the game, and mad respect for passing some knowledge to me. Good job getting that 2nd place. Btw, DIME and I were totally not planning to spike your drinks with crushed sleeping medicine so you would miss your matches. :B

DeathInMyEyes
Gtfo

Robert
We should have pulled up to Mc.Donald's drivethru in reverse. And Gj with getting that one Chick's number, but remember, I almost got our waiter's number too. Lawl, I gained respect for you over the weekend, and you're now a welcome sight. Come over more often. And GG pwning with your AS.

Roy
Thanks for paying for my CEO pass. Sorry for kicking you out the hotel bed though, but bro, I need my beauty sleep. I'm sure I can use it better then you can. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BURNNNN

Mammoth Man
GG all around. Keep an eye out for the new Nightmare; Nightfitia
(Lol IQ Test b4 Registering plz)
Thanks for swinging by and keepN dings hywpe

Killa6
DUN DUN DUN, DUN.. DUN. DUN DUN, DUN.
Naw, fucking epic bra. Was nice meeting you and listening to your viewpoints about other players. Also, your advice for being a humble player will really stay with me. Next time come 1st place with Setsuka. I really want to see that happen. Thanks for swinging by.

IceColdEdge
You spin me right round, baby right round like a record, baby right round round round.
Naw seriously, I will never ask you for a after match commentary again... asshole
Thanks for the GGs and thanks for swinging by.

So yeah, lots of players. Thank you to everyone who I played, even if I can't remember your names. See you guys around.
Next time, ILL BE DOING THE COMMENTATING.

Live streams

3 Viewers
TakuunAizen1
TakuunAizen1
the Beginning of the legend of come get these hands with Takuun
1 Viewers
VileDeathxWave
VileDeathxWave
Used up all my internet today. Will DC, Don't Come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back