Cervantes Combo Discussion

The LS Cerv AI does 3B → iGDR → iGDR and gets the 2nd launch consistently. I think it's just a matter of getting the perfect inputs (iGDR as soon as the previous move recovers, tiny window). It probably also involves the range from which 3B hits. 3B hits further away, iGDR takes longer to hit midair opponent and recovers faster.

getting the second iGDR to relaunch is relatively easy when you connect the 3B from the right angle; i couldn't get the third iGDR tho, could be character specific.

Spent a little time testing and i am able to do the second relaunch on Cervantes from 3b, igdr, igdr ~CE CE.

The second IGDR relaunch is based on their height or position when you do it, it has to be early as possible so you glance under them, instead of going into/through them, and because you cant buffer you need pretty fast clean inputs and they need to be literally ASAP.

Took me like 10 goes to get it first, but once you get the rhythm its manageable. Its the second IGDR which has to be quick but i think the gap between 3b~igdr should be minimal too. I got the timing down by just mashing B+K GI after the first IGDR for a visual representation of the recovery ending, once you see get the rhythm down its just a case of not buffering 214 before neutral.

Theres probably something to do with hitboxes that lets you get it on the off occasion even if you slack the igdr's, but you can replicate it from 3b.

Spent a little time testing and i am able to do the second relaunch on Cervantes from 3b, igdr, igdr ~CE CE.

The second IGDR relaunch is based on their height or position when you do it, it has to be early as possible so you glance under them, instead of going into/through them, and because you cant buffer you need pretty fast clean inputs and they need to be literally ASAP.

Took me like 10 goes to get it first, but once you get the rhythm its manageable. Its the second IGDR which has to be quick but i think the gap between 3b~igdr should be minimal too. I got the timing down by just mashing B+K GI after the first IGDR for a visual representation of the recovery ending, once you see get the rhythm down its just a case of not buffering 214 before neutral.

Theres probably something to do with hitboxes that lets you get it on the off occasion even if you slack the igdr's, but you can replicate it from 3b.

I guess this goes for 44A+B>8B+K>iGDRx2 aswell, however you can only get CE from the second iGDR relaunch in this combo and not aB.

Back