Cervantes Combo Discussion

I normally see it as this:

After 3B:

iGDR, B2 = more damage
8B+K, iGDR, aB = less damage

missed iGDR, B2 = You only did 3B damage = 28+ damage
missed 8B+K, iGDR, aB = At least you followed 3B with 8B+K = 43+ damage

And if you aren't feeling confident enough then the best substitute of a iGDR combo would be 3b, 8B+K, 2A+B = 67 damage

However I feel after the 1.02 patch 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, aB now deals more damage than 3B, iGDR, B2.

3b, iGDR, B2 = 83+ dmg
3B, 8B+K, iGDR, aB = 87+ dmg

I remember 3B, iGDR, B2 dealing like 97+ dmg approximately. But now it only dealts 83.

Timing the iGDR wrong in the 8b+k combo also nets you less, as it doesn't launch. It's like 77 or something total without the last aB. Does set up the BT situation though, which will make people want to sideroll. SC5 HATES siderollers (wheee!), turn around and crush them for it.

Like you said, if you fuck up the iGDR, b2 version, you get nothing. Now that it also does less damage, it's more or less obsolete.

IDK if already posted but...here we go...

Video

Wow, those combo are l33t. I didn't know 9B+K was guaranteed after 3B>8B+K>iGDR>CE, good thing.
The wall combo with Astaroth is character dependent ?

Wow, those combo are l33t. I didn't know 9B+K was guaranteed after 3B>8B+K>iGDR>CE, good thing.
The wall combo with Astaroth is character dependent ?
I believe its dependent on the range at which the UA at the beginning hits, it has to be at the very tip of max range for all 3 8B+Ks to connect.

I believe its dependent on the range at which the UA at the beginning hits, it has to be at the very tip of max range for all 3 8B+Ks to connect.
It's character and range dependent. At least I couldn't get it to land on Pyrrah even once. But I landed it on Astaroth quite a few times. Although it seems a little off sometimes and it would probably be better to just do 2 of them rather than 3.

Most consistent Wall Combo i get:

So my favorite Combos after 3B:

3B 1BB 1AB JF iGDR 110 DMG
3B 1BB 6B BE iGDR iGDR 130 DMG

Can you guys check this for different characters? I think this is all consistent, no whiffing...but in this game you never know^^

I get the first one but not the second. I cant connect 6B BE, the char is already down. I tried against Siegfried and Mitsu.

Another simple wall combos if not already listed without execution timing
3B 66B BBB 102 dmg
66B BBB 83dmg
44B 2A+B 53dmg or 8A+B for a DC wake up

After 66B W!, try 2A, it wake up the opp backturned or sideturned. It depends the angle you hit with 66B.
With backturned you can have a free grab if he doesnt duck for a wall combo reset (66B 3times for 147dmg). Not really reliable but it may works sometimes.

Cervantes Wall combo game is a mess. Even BBB after 66B whiffs a lot against certain chars, i normally always do 1AB now, but even that whiffs from time to time.

Cervys Wallgame is a hitbox dice game...sucks.

I completely agree without mentioning the camera fuckups. Talking about camera fuckups, here's a camera wall fuckup mess randomness cheesy flashy combo:

3B, !W, 8A+B: 4B, B2, !W, Self indulged Camera fuckup 50/50 3A+B mindgame, BBB for 120+ dmg.

Quite practical until the part you must guess which side you are after the camera angle change in order to land 3A+B.

I've been working on Cervantes' wall game. He does have issues at the wall but there are workarounds. After a bit of work, I'm starting to think that Cervantes is a destroyer of worlds at the wall.
The camera is often screwy after B2, but I've been following any combo that ends in a B2 wallsplat with 2A+B, WR A,B. That way it doesn't matter what the camera does and it seems to be very consistent. Most combos that end like this are doing around half life.

Another combo that works very well and is very consistent for crazy damage:

3B, 8B+K, CE w!, 66B, 2A+B, WR A+B - 120-125 damage
Whats great about this is that it wallsplats from absolutely miles away. You want to be far enough that 66B doesn't turn into the attack throw. Buffer 66B as early as possible for best results.
Thats plenty of damage right there - but this combo puts them right in your face if they don't stay down, the wakeup pressure is so good! Theres plenty you can do after the WR A+B for ridiculous damage. My favourite at the moment is tap 6, throw. Thats 175-195 damage depending on your throw. Of course, being a reset, nothing is guaranteed - but nobody sees it coming.

EDIT: Turns out you have to do this slightly differently for some characters. See later post.
Thats not even the most exciting thing about his wall game. Check the tech traps thread.

Not sure if this wall one is posted but I find it quite consistent and the moves haven't bugged out yet:

3B, !W, 4KK, !W, 3A+B, BBB = 106+ dmg.

Reactions: IkI
Not sure if this wall one is posted but I find it quite consistent and the moves haven't bugged out yet:

3B, !W, 4KK, !W, 3A+B, BBB = 106+ dmg.

I think we have the most consistent combo here. It works on all sizes ! (viola, pyrha, patroklos, mitsu, nigthtmare)

CH 3B, w!, 6A+B, CE, w!, 1AB 125
CH 3B, w!, 6A+B, CE, w!, 1AB JF, iGDR 149
CH BT B+K, 3B, w!, 6 A+B, CE, w!, 1AB JF, iGDR 151

Have any of you guys gotten a double Clean Hit out of 3B, iGDR, iGDR? Got it yesterday... was so good... :')

Regarding my earlier post about 3B, 8B+K, CE w!, 66B, 2A+B, WS A+B:

Firstly, I've taken to using 66A over WS A+B at the end. Sometimes they fall out of the last hit of WS A+B and the wakeup pressure is even better with 66A due to less pushback. Even better pressure by ending with 6A as they get up right in front of you, but it's less damage again. 66A is a nice middle ground.

Also, it's kinda character specific. For some characters you ha e to slightly delay the 8B+K gunshot as follows:

8B+K slight delay
Zwei
Ezio
Raphael
Ivy
Mitsurugi
Dampierre
Tira

No delay
Pat/aPat
Leixia
Natsu
Viola
Pyrrha/Pyrrha Omega
Hilde
Xiba
Yoshimitsu

So it doesn't work on Asta, Nightmare, Voldo, Siegfried or Algol. But you can replace 66B with 6BB on the following for more damage:

No delay
Nightmare

Slight 8B+K delay
Astaroth
Zwei
Ezio
Raphael
Ivy
Tira
Mitsurugi
Dampierre
Voldo
Algol

Maxi is an asshole and whether or not stuff works depends on what point hes at during his stupid jumping about stance when you hit him.

Forgot to test against Sieg and Cerv, will try that later.
It's a bit complicated, but thats the nature of Cervantes' wall game. you need to test and remember the results, then comes the big damage.

I might do a wall thread later on as I've been testing it a lot lately.

Hopefully these weren't posted before...

DC K:B:B > CE > CE

Post B2 catches
ie: 3B, iGDR, B2, CE. The timing is immediately after the B2 slams the opponent, before the opponent's ukemi window.

DC B > BT B+K > CE > CE

Also... it seems any time the opponent is slammed by Cervantes or put into a slide state, you can CE. Even cases where it doesn't look possible.

Back