Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

i belive 3B is on CH for that. i dont use that very often as its tricky to pull off consistantly, 1 slight error and you miss the free damage, and its 214:6~BT B+K

better personally i do
CH 3B 8A+K 8A+K 2B+K
CH 3B 8A+K 8A+K iGDR~28B
CH 3B 8A+B:B+K iGDR

Yeah but whats cool about mine is that 3:AB rises the opponent off the ground if you get the jf to hit.

And yeah I forgot to put CH before 3B.

yeah you can also do several moves to the 3B:A iGDR combo when there is a wall there.

Yep, CH 66K 3A:B iGDR works but they hit the ground when iGDR hits so theyre not airborn like in the combo I just posted.

Near a wall 3A:B sometimes works after CH 3B and it lifts them higher in the air.

I only recently started using Cervantes...but a nice combo i found is 3B, 8A+K, 214:B, 2B+K_214:B+K, 3A+B....

Works wonders if you time it right...does a heck of a load of damage too. Managed to pull it off online with perfect timing and took off more HP than I thought it would.

But, I reckon it's probably breakable, which kinda sucks.

i belive 3B is on CH for that. i dont use that very often as its tricky to pull off consistantly, 1 slight error and you miss the free damage, and its 214:6~BT B+K

better personally i do
CH 3B 8A+K 8A+K 2B+K
CH 3B 8A+K 8A+K iGDR~28B
CH 3B 8A+B:B+K iGDR

Are all those guaranteed combos? I just starting to get used to CH 3B, iTS or CH 3B, 228, iGDR,28B

Are all those guaranteed combos? I just starting to get used to CH 3B, iTS or CH 3B, 228, iGDR,28B

yes these are all guranteed. Many Many fun things cervy can do n combos, He can even CH 3B 8A+K iTS but you gotta have really good timing to be consistant off that one, CH3B 8A+B:B+K iGDR~28B gurantees the best damage, but your timing had better be good or you could screw up the final iGDR in many ways.

i dont think you can 22B after iGDR in that situation as the 8A+B:B+K stun keeps them down, that said the combo is still 70ish damage i belive

I say stick with CH 3B, iTS. It's about doing guaranteed damage. If I can't execute all that cute iGDR sh*t it ain't worth it, kno' mean? Now that CH 3B, 8A+K, 8A+K, 2+B+K looks simple enough but I missed the 2B+K a few times I noticed, which was enough a reason for me to cut it out.
itsawrap.gif

you really shouldnt cut something out cos you cant excercute it. you should work on your excerction. its not that difficult once you get the feel for it.

advantages of not doing:
possibly easier to preform

advantages for doing it,
more damage,
more flashl (not really a good reason but it is true)
to make your oppenet scared of the fact you can pull iGDR at your will.

if you dont do it people will assume you cant iGDR well, this will make them more aggressive and less worried about an i15 high damage punisher. i try to vairy my combos to force my opent to worry about how i might be finishing (for example regular 3B could go, 3B 6A 66A or 3B 8A+K 3A+B 214:6~BT mix up or 3B 8A+K iGDR)

Execution Execution Execution. A good Cervy can do what he needs to do to win a match, and that includes clutch iGDR's. Its not easy though, It will take time to immpliment into your game. I promise you that much.

edit: I cant read.....

you really shouldnt cut something out cos you cant excercute it. you should work on your excerction. its not that difficult once you get the feel for it.

advantages of not doing:
possibly easier to preform

advantages for doing it,
more damage,
more flashl (not really a good reason but it is true)
to make your oppenet scared of the fact you can pull iGDR at your will.

if you dont do it people will assume you cant iGDR well, this will make them more aggressive and less worried about an i15 high damage punisher. i try to vairy my combos to force my opent to worry about how i might be finishing (for example regular 3B could go, 3B 6A 66A or 3B 8A+K 3A+B 214:6~BT mix up or 3B 8A+K iGDR)

I'm saying in general. On stick I straight suck, dog. Pullin' an iGDR's not impossible but out of a try of ten, I'll get it four times on stick. Pad it's like eight of ten, so on stick I don't try and be cute; I go for the damage. I mean, don't get me wrong, my dude. I'll incorporate an iGDR in a combo, but not a whole lot. I've gotten the 3B, 8A+K, iGDR~28B a few but, I've messed it up as well. Until I improve, you ain't gonna see me use that in no real match. Not like I'm not gonna practice, I just won't do it until I'm good with it in play against an actual live opponent. You get what I'm sayin'?

And that 3B, 6A, 66A's a funky behind combo. It does 53 DMG and even that changes when the AC'ed. I'll add it in. Just to change it up. Mess with the tempo.

wait is 3B 6A 66A a actuall combo thats not air controllable cause i just messed with my button setup and this is just what i need if it is.

iTP:B+K 2A+B WRA 3A+B iGDR, on some charecters iGDR28B is possible. The iGDR after 3A+B is a 1 Frame Shift. So this Combo is very difficult. without 26B the damage is 63 with 28B its 73.

iGDR 22B(no tech) 3B:B tech trap gun shot leaveing almost full stage distance where if you run at them you'll have running K or mix in 3B both hit grounded. Also after the 3B if you expect them not to tech i like to do 1A cause it will normally reset the damage and if there block it there normally at mid-tip range of the 1A makeing it hard to punish.

idk if this belongs here but ill post it any ways since i dont see a thread where this fit besides maybe tech but not exactly what this is it's more of a tactic just wanted to share what i like to do against the ppl who dont tech during the 22B.

CLOSE RANGE ch 2A+B~66K~11B (73 Damage), this is the best option damagewise, gotta buffer the 66K and just works from closerange.

Apart from that yesterday i recognized that against Ivy (And probably other big hitboxes) 3A:B~iGDR~28B is 79 (!!) Damage. This here is a delayed iGDR GROUND HIT....otherwise its 60ish.

greets,doc.

Back