Characters who need a good "nerfing" in the future

feeqmatic

[08] Mercenary
Simple question. Maybe this can be something that is tuned specifically for online play. Maybe its just a move or two that a character has, or maybe you think its something that essentially breaks the game.

My picks (these come from a mostly online experience)

1. Give algol (if he returns) a Force type bar to end the bubble spam if not taking rappid fire bubbles out all togethor.

2. Significantly diminish stun combo damage for Sophitia and Lizzard man. Throw cass in there for good measure.

3. Make the wake up game less effective for all characters (I just feel it is too big an element in the game), specifically Amy and Mitsu whose already extensive standup arsenals should be enough.

4. Give Voldo the same treatment I understand taki recieved from SC3.

5. Cervy's umpteen mid horizontal, high frame, stuns should be in some way mediated.

6. Hilde doom combo... nuff said.

7. maybe ad a bit for Mina, Rock, and make tira's style changes controlled.

8. Dont change Ast, he is perfect just the way he is (hate his character design thoug!)

Characters who need a good "nerfing" in the fu

Doom combo nerfed, Hilde compensated damage in return cause her damage sucks.
Everything else the same. Nothing else on your list is acceptable for a nerf. Maybe online, those things are a problem, but offline where the majority of competitions take place- and thus the need for balance is important; they certainly arent.

-Idle

Perhaps Kilik's rather high damage from a single good connection should be lowered. One could argue GB Asura on-hit does rather absurd damage considering the TJ [thus negating the vast majority of throws, as well], mid auto-GI and late TC evasion the move already offers for many frames early in the execution. 6A+B on CH is a bit too rewarding as well, with high damage and ring-out potential, that starts with a fairly good evasive step backwards before the first strike.

I play Kilik a lot; so this is coming from a 'playing as Kilik' perspective.

I think the 'doom combo' with Kilik doesn't need nerfed. Starts with a breakable grab out of a stance - thats balanced enough.

Ivy needs a nerf in her chest area. If she gets buffed anymore, her hitbox is gonna be bigger than astaroth's!

Hilde - No doom combo.
Algol - 1 bubble allowed on screen at a time so he can at least be able to combo with them.
Kilik - Asura needs to go back to how it was pre-patch >_>

tidus a 1 bubble on the screen max would mean removing 4A+B entirely

rather not say something someone else said, so I'll say voldo needs to be way more unsafe. 66:B, A+B, 1[K]/BS 1K, BS 1A are all way too safe on block

Sieg - nerf his damage output.

Rugi - 1A should not hit grounded.

Posters need a nerf in the bitching area..

sig does way too much damage. dont feel like going into specifics but i really hate sig.

Mitsurugi - Make his verts more linear and no longer have 2KB as a NC I guess.
Hilde - Remove doom combo. That is all.
Ivy - Take away some of her range and stupid BS.
Sophitia - Damage on certain moves should be a LOT less.
Kilik - Take away a lot of his range so he will stop being a fucking noob magnet.
Algol - Either give him a meter like the SW characters so he can't mindlessly spam bubbles, or delete him entirely. Seriously.

Sometimes I find I'd have a lot more fun with this game if I took on an elitist attitude about newcomers...

Algol having a force meter for bubbles. Im not experienced with Algol or the star wars characters but that idea sounds reasonable enough to me. anyway my take:
Same as Idlemind Hildas doom combo should go but she should do more damage with charged and uncharged hits.
Sophies 236236b 236236b combo can fuck off :).
Asta and Voldo shouldn't be able to break back throws against Rock I feel it makes them a totally uneven matchup.

Sophitia - Damage on certain moves should be a LOT less.
Kilik - Take away a lot of his range so he will stop being a fucking noob magnet.
Algol - Either give him a meter like the SW characters so he can't mindlessly spam bubbles, or delete him entirely. Seriously.

I agree whole-heartedly on all of these.

I agree with alot of the things that have already been said.

Hilde: Nerf C3B and WS C2B ring out potential but increase damage dealt by C2BB and C3A combos slightly.

Algol: Like somebody else said, give him a bubble force meter

Voldo: Make him a little more unsafe on certain evasive moves, namely A+B and BS 1A.

Kilik: Nerf Asura damage down to about 50 (JF should be 60) , but increase the damage dealt by 236A+G so that the throw does the same amount of damage as before.

Sophitia: Decrease the damage on TAS B to 40 (down from 50).

And now for my main:

Ivy: Shorten the window for JF CS, and decrease the damage dealt to 90 (down from 100). Decrease the damage dealt by SW A+B, [A+B] by about 15. Make SE A236A unshakable (seriously, SE is worse than prep). Fix SW 214K glitch.

I think this game is pretty balanced as it is (minus same retarded things like Asura,Doom Combo and Bubbles wich shuts down some characters completely). I feel that there should be multiple tactics possible with each character. I know some characters are ment to be played by a certain playstyle, but some characters have almost no variation at all. Hilde does crap damage so the only real good playstyle with her is ring-out. I think that if you remove some of the ring-out options and made her strikes more damaging it would be a lot more fun.

The same as Rock relies on his throws way to much, there should be a variation on that too. A character like Voldo is so good because it is versitile (spelling?), he can adapt more quickly then other characters. Look at Seong-Mina, the only way you can win is to space alot. Result: Everyone plays Mi-Na the same at high-level.

I can be completely wrong here but the only thing I really hate about this game is that too many characters are pidgeon-holed into a certain style and when you can deal with that it becomes an up-hill battle for your opponents.

So in the end I don't think that characters need a nerf, rather a bit of tweaking to make them more interesting. Aka no more boring doom combo's with Hilde or spamming bubbles with Algol, tbh the Namco team did a pretty good job with Voldo.

Sorry about the Wall Of Text.

I agree with much of what has been said above. Maybe stop making Tira's moodswings effect her health? I mean at the moment she need to take a few seconds to bash her own brains out in a corner so she can become jolly/gloomy. Somethings not right about that.

I agree with much of what has been said above. Maybe stop making Tira's moodswings effect her health? I mean at the moment she need to take a few seconds to bash her own brains out in a corner so she can become jolly/gloomy. Somethings not right about that.

Doesn't taunting change stances much more reliably, without the health loss?

Lizardman taking heat for his couslalibour-esque stungames. Nice.

Back