Concerning DLC

What kind of DLC do you wish to see for SCV?

• Total voters
Because Xbox has the larger community. Owning both consoles and the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, I know what I'm talking about. I wasn't even attempting to start that kind of war, I was just stating that people will pay monthly for Xbox live (5 dollars a month basically), but you say 5 dollars for a one time- fully fledged character is too much. It's not.
How did I imply in any way it was too much?

derp.

Look I personally HATE DLC. WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. But I will subdue my anger and rage over the rushed nature that this game is being released and offer one solution. Just do a season pass similar to how mortal kombat did it. A one time fee and you get all the dlc they plan to release. Other than that i dont care what they do. The fact that im sure alot of this stuff may be on the disk pisses me off. The multiple mimics is saddening. The fact that there is a strong possiblity that is gonna be DLC is even more saddening. It really feels that we wont get the complete game but will be shelling out complete game money. But with all these evils, just do a season pass. A one time price for all dlc. If its staggered out like how capcom does it but with characters... I dont think I will buy any at all just to speak with my wallet.

How on earth does that translate to "It's too much"???

LMAO! We don't even know the price yet! lol so you're so funnny....

If people cannot afford it, it is saying that they cannot afford to spend money on it. Therefore it being "too much". I don't know how I could be any clearer. I'm done.
I said it could be too much for some people. I give up on explaining to you how to read English.

My far-fetched, ideal DLC schedule (if everything isn't done as one big update after EVO, which I would actually prefer)*. Realistically speaking, each pack would be $10-15 a piece or $30-40 as a combined update/re-release.

DLC Pack 1 (Mediterranean Pack) - February 28th:
-Zasalamel, Bangoo, unique style update for Elysium
-North African and Central Asian stages, music, and CaS pieces

DLC Pack 2 (Orient Pack) - March 28th:
-Talim, Yun/Replacement, unique style update for Kilik
-East and South Asian stages, music, and CaS pieces

DLC Pack 3 (Nostalgia Pack) - August 28th:
-Balance patch #1 (not counting the day one patch that is surely coming)
-Select remixed stages and music from SoulCalibur 1, 2, 3, and 4 as well as CaS parts to make some classic costumes and replaced characters.
-Team Battle, Survival, and Museum mode

*Each pack comes as a mandatory update, but only people who purchase receive the unlock keys.

In my personal opinion, your idea on how to use DLC is incredible. What you have actually proposed here (maybe without realizing it) is that they finish up SCV the way it should have been before release.

The only thing I'd change is in the DLC Pack 1. They should put in an updated version of Zasalamel's SC3 Clock Tower stage for him. The rest is literally perfect.

Everyone would be overjoyed if Namco adopted your DLC strategy and carried it out. Seems like a pipedream though.

My far-fetched, ideal DLC schedule (if everything isn't done as one big update after EVO, which I would actually prefer)*. Realistically speaking, each pack would be $10-15 a piece or $30-40 as a combined update/re-release.

-Select remixed stages and music from SoulCalibur 1, 2, 3, and 4 as well as CaS parts to make some classic costumes and replaced characters.

*Each pack comes as a mandatory update, but only people who purchase receive the unlock keys.

You, sir, are a genius. Lets hope this happens.

All of those things sound amazing.
What they should really do is bring back old characters as guest characters, since most of the old characters they dropped have their styles with someone new. Like Taki and Natsu or Xianghua and Leixia.

Also, a nice idea would be to bring old costumes back for CaS. Like Ivy's SC2 costume, still my favorite for her, and stuff like that.

As much as I would like a patch or dlc or something to give Kilik and Elysium their own unique styles I don't think this will happen until an arcade/ultimate/complete edition of the game is released...then I expect these two characters to definitely get unique styles...don't expect to see it until then though.

As far as DLC characters go I expect to see 2 actual characters (we might get a hint to which characters in story mode). My prediction for DLC characters is Zasalmael and either Yun or Talim although it would not be completely out of the question to just have a completely new character altogether (more likely for the ultimate edition).

and then any of the stuff below is also possible I believe.

Multiple packs to create old characters or possibly if not in the main game P1 and P2 costumes to use in CaS mode.

Music from previous games.

2 New stages (1 stage for each DLC character).

Random CaS packs

Method to unlock Algol without beating LS.

I don't expect much else though till a re-release...if SCV gets one.

Yeah I'm hoping for a re-release with Alpha Patroklos and Omega Pyrrha within their respective slots (You hover over Patroklos' picture and press R1/LB and you see Alpha Patroklos appear or something) and if Kilik and Elysium are still mimics I want them under Edge Master's Slot. So we then we have Talim, Yun, Zasa, and a new character they can add. That's how it should've been to be honest from the start

Filthierich works for Namco/PS, right? Send him the link to this post, and he could possibly spread the word. Maybe doing that will inspire PS to actually follow through with something like this. If I had any money period, I would defintely pay for all of this. Though, I'd say put a new character in place of Bangoo for the Medditerranean (perhaps someone wielding the Axe-and-shield as seen in EM's stage?), and then put Bangoo and Salia (each with their own, unique movset) in the Nostalgia pack - nostalgia as in seeing two characters that should've made their debut in SoulEdge/SoulCalibur (respectively), as they were both seen and/or mentioned in there. That, and the fact that they were two of the most speculated characters, along side the three that you already have, it would be a great disappointment to fans if all five of the characters they heavily speculated and wanted didn't get in through DLC.

But that's just my opinion.

As much as I would like a patch or dlc or something to give Kilik and Elysium their own unique styles I don't think this will happen until an arcade/ultimate/complete edition of the game is released...then I expect these two characters to definitely get unique styles...don't expect to see it until then though.

As far as DLC characters go I expect to see 2 actual characters (we might get a hint to which characters in story mode). My prediction for DLC characters is Zasalmael and either Yun or Talim although it would not be completely out of the question to just have a completely new character altogether (more likely for the ultimate edition).

and then any of the stuff below is also possible I believe.

Multiple packs to create old characters or possibly if not in the main game P1 and P2 costumes to use in CaS mode.

Music from previous games.

2 New stages (1 stage for each DLC character).

Random CaS packs

Method to unlock Algol without beating LS.

I don't expect much else though till a re-release...if SCV gets one.

Didn't you says IdleMind confirmed one character for DLC in chat, or was that just the General Roster Speculation thread making you troll like everyone else?

So. quite obviously namco could get a great fistfull of monies from us if they release zasalamel, yun, rock, and talim as DLC characters. So I think/hope they will.

Also. CaS stuff is a given...

I've got a question. Concerning characters who didn't appear on either system before becoming DLC. Are those characters tournament legal?

Also do they receive their own soul arenas?

Didn't you says IdleMind confirmed one character for DLC in chat, or was that just the General Roster Speculation thread making you troll like everyone else?
Well he confirmed that a character would not be appearing in the main game and said he expected the character to be DLC. I do not know if he actually knows the DLC roster as well as the main but he was right about everything else so yeah one of those characters I mentioned is a character Idle thinks will be made into DLC. It is unknown if he meant this as character or a CaS style only mind you but I will say this...it would not be too much of a stretch to say that the DLC characters might be hinted at in the story/arcade/quick match/stages/legendary souls/etc....

but I will say this...it would not be too much of a stretch to say that the DLC characters might be hinted at in the story mode.

Beg you pardon ?
Does it means that, besides losing styles, we could end up with another ninja, another rapier user and the whole Alexandra family ?

Beg you pardon ?
Does it means that, besides losing styles, we could end up with another ninja, another rapier user and the whole Alexandra family ?
anything is possible although think about it this way. There are likely at least 2 characters to be unlocked via DLC (the tablet). One is on the side of Soul Calibur and the other is on the side of Soul Edge. This may mean absolutely nothing mind you.

What I meant by the character may be hinted at in story mode or other places in the game is similar to how people once thought Zasalmael might be in the main game because a character wielding a scythe was shown in one of the stages. Perhaps this way of looking at the game is not too far off...what if the scythe user was added because it is a hint to a character to come...be it a style or character.

Again I have no evidence for any of this just mere speculation of DLC...a number of games though in the past have also hinted at characters not yet playable in game who would in the future be made DLC or be made available for a more complete edition. MvC3 hinted at a multitude of characters (like Phoenix Wright) many of whom were eventually released with UMvC3 whereas in a game like Blazblue all the DLC characters were hinted or shown in story mode and later down the road were released as DLC. Perhaps it will be the same with SCV.

but really no real point to worry about DLC...the game will keep people occupied for more than enough time.

I like this
But it sound very optimistic

Back