Consciousness Discussion

The CIA actually put tons of money into research of telekinesis and telepathy in the 1960's. They quickly abandoned that project. I wonder why?

If there was anything to it at all, it would be big news all over the world. It's not some government cover up either.

The other one that bothers me is this 'law of attraction'. Apparently some people think that if you want something bad enough and think about it long enough that it will happen, as if your thoughts alone had some influence on reality. I had to watch that dreadful movie "the secret" in an English class.

The teacher asks us all individually what we thought of it, and I said (verbatim) "It's the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard". Meanwhile everyone else was like "oh yeah, I totally think that's true" without having the slightest shred of scientific doubt.

You could spend an entire lifetime in pursuit of this dream of out-of-body experiences or otherworldly hopes. Stop wasting your time and get back to earth!

I mostly think that this is the leftover culture from the hippie era that was passed down (aka brainwashed) to us by our parents. That's what happens when you do too many drugs, it ends up destroying your ability to distinguish reality from fantasy.

5Vj-unpopular-opinion-puffin.jpg

Oh, you defended the false witnesses right to say falseness. Don't think you needed to since nobody denied him that right. We were simply refuting his reasoning.

How can you prove astral projection to be real when you supposedly experience it on your own?

Well it's that catch 22. I almost think Chaos1x is an astral projection salesman at this point. He wants people to try out astral projection for the sweet price of 29.99. If you order now, you will get a bonus astral projection kit and free shipping and handling! Experience the cosmos and being enlightened has never been cheaper!

He does seem to be very talented at convincing people =/ I can't cope with the pressure, I'm going to crack and buy it.

You want to call people liars? Fair enough that's your business. Clearly this is all very subjective but the way I see it you're directing this whole discourse as much as him by focusing on the part of his discussion you already decided you weren't going to listen to anyway. I really don't know why he's playing along but that's his business. Don't pull me into it again.

You want to call people liars? Fair enough that's your business. Clearly this is all very subjective but the way I see it you're directing this whole discourse as much as him by focusing on the part of his discussion you already decided you weren't going to listen to anyway. I really don't know why he's playing along but that's his business. Don't pull me into it again.

Can he prove what he says is true? No? He clearly sounds like the false witness to me. Also, I've listened to him more than anyone in this entire thread. All my arguments are based on very specific parts of dialogue he has written. Listening and believing are two complete different things. Have I listened to him? Yes. Do I believe anything he's said? No. Huge difference, how about you give it a try and listen to what I have to say.

P.S. I also disagree with the equal contribution to drama part. If he never created this thread, there would be no arguing in this thread. If I never responded to this thread, there would still be arguing. It's very simple and obvious he has contributed more to the drama.

Last edited:
That, and if Chaos had simply ignored or just respected dissenting opinions rather than responding to each hyper defensively, there wouldn't be much of a discussion going on now.

Lord help me, I am weak
I don't argue, I just observe confused thinking and try to point it out

Quite the minds voice in your head.

I don't care, you can't disprove anything to me.

One last time, I don't care about the arguments you make that not even you have tried to understand. I'm only trying to help you.

Anything you say with a argumentative mind set that's solely aimed at countering what others say is irrelevant
This is creme de la creme.
The whole confusion in this thread comes from the fact that everyone sees it, quite reasonably, as a discussion forum. Chaos sees it as a discussion-less support group where he is the mentor and all the others are confused and stupid sheep that should follow him. You cannot disagree with him, because if You do thats clearly because Youre not enlightened enough. If Chaos has no interest in others' arguments, and refuses to believe evidence 'from this world', or refuses to provide evidence for his statements, then we cannot help him. even though the fact that he hears voices in his head means that he needs all the help he can get

------

If the above does not help Chaos understand, lets switch gears a little.
I feel Your confusion Chaos, your astral skills are still at a very low level. This is concluded by me, my hypothalamus and hippocampus told me that. All the participants in this thread except You are able to communicate telepathically with each other and we reached true enlightment. You cant disprove that to us. We observe Your attempts to preach to others and we see your lack of understanding. And You cant really argue with it, because we are not interested in arguing, only pointing out confused thinking. Youre confused.

My bad i may have used the wrong words to convey what i meant, You all definitely understand something, everything you've all said comes from your current understanding. The understanding behind your words can be traced back to how you interpreted things you've come into contact with in the past. I don't mean to diminish the conclusions you have all made, but realize that as you grow you have to reevaluate what you've come to know. As you expand your perspective you will become able to make new decisions from a place of greater wisdom.

As you start exploring what it is to understand from a honest place, you will begin to see how much deeper you can go into any issue. Theres no such thing as something you cant understand. Thats our greatest power as humans, we can guide the beam of our understanding on anything we want.

Ok lets move on from the nothing thats happening now.

Lets discus what you can do while not moving the body with your eyes closed.

Anyone have any experience with guiding your awareness to inspect any part of the body?

I love the feeling of being able to feel a part of my body i previously couldn't. I now truly know just how much i was ignoring my self in the past. LoL its like "what the hell how did i never look at you before" Anyway anyone else have something?

Last edited:
My bad i may have used the wrong words to convey what i was meant, You all definitely understand something, everything you've all said comes from your current understanding. The understanding behind your words can be traced back to how you interpreted things you've come into contact with in the past. I don't mean to diminish the conclusions you have all made, but realize that as you grow you have to reevaluate what you've come to know. As you expand your perspective you will become able to make new decisions from a place of greater wisdom.

As you start exploring what it is to understand from a honest place, you will begin to see how much deeper you can go into any issue. Theres no such thing as something you cant understand. Thats our greatest power as humans, we can guide the beam of our understanding on anything we want.

Ok lets move on from the nothing thats happening now.

Lets discus what you can do while not moving the body with your eyes closed.

Anyone have any experience with guiding your awareness to inspect any part of the body?

I love the feeling of being able to feel a part of my body i previously couldn't. I now truly know just how much i was ignoring my self in the past. LoL its like "what the hell how did i never look at you before" Anyway anyone else have something?

Did you do Oofmatic's test yet?

Reading things without applying them internally is also a waste of time.
??? I was looking more for whether the Johari's window model in relation to your point higher self was a waste of time to learn and why is it, but according to the structure of your sentence, you're claiming that I've wasted my time posting this and I've failed in understanding the Johari window? What's there to look internally? the message given by the Johari window model is pretty straightforward just about anyone even yourself can interpret the message without too much or any spiritual involvement.

Franman is wasting he's time because he see' or hears information and doesn't explore it within himself, it just becomes another thing he vaguely remembers after a while.
Oh great so for trying to contribute something productive on your thread I get this kind of attitude from the author.

He then goes about acts all mighty thinking he knows me so well and jumps into conclusions about me. He must have astral projected himself just to spy on me.

What I was hoping to see in a discussion thread is more of a productive answer from Chaos but all I've seen is him raising his defense turrets brushing off information without taking the time to thoroughly read and understand. Funny how he posts that I'm wasting my time base on what I see or hear the information w/o exploring within myself.

I guess after all this, what I'm learning is that his version of spirituality can make one ignorant, and ignorance can be bliss.

He then goes about acts all mighty thinking he knows me so well and jumps into conclusions about me. He must have astral projected himself just to spy on me.

He is all knowing after astral projecting himself. It's also why he spends his time in this forum. 8wayrun is the true key to happiness and enlightenment. If the most enlightened person I know is here, he must be here for a reason.

Ill respond next when someone shares something interesting about consciousness.

o and sorry franman, i dismissed what you said prematurely. Ill take at look at the video and pm you later.

Back